Author Topic: To Move or Not to Move?  (Read 11660 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Re: To Move or Not to Move?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2018, 10:58:50 AM »
Pam,

Like you, with Mercury in detriment in the 7th square Neptune, i would just read that as that you are unsure or in two minds, which is why you are seeking anothers thoughts on the subject.

But i am not well versed in horary.

Thanks, Robynne.  I'm not well versed in horary either, and I'm beginning to think I had better become so.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:25:59 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
      "Mercury in detriment in the 7th" could also translate as "Mercury, phone calls, in detriment, abusive in nature, from 7th House enemies square Neptune, secretly, without exposing themselves"......."that's why I want to move. I 'm considering selling because, as some of you may remember, I'm apparently being made the target of harassment by some person or persons unknown, whose hobby seems to be making my life difficult."                                                       
      4th House is her present home.....4th, from the 4th, is 7th House, which represent Pam's next Home, or 2nd Home, while 4th from 7th, is 10th, which would represent the 3rd Home she has ever owned.
       Jupiter in Saittarius, rules her 7th, 2nd Home, and Jupiter is in rulership, indicating this next home she moves to will be safe and she will be strong
in this home.   This is true if her next home, is the 2nd home she has ever owned.    However, if her next move, buys a home which is the 3rd home she's ever owned, then the ruler of the 10th House(3rd Home ever owned) is ruled by Uranus on the 12th cusp, with Black Moon Lilith on 10th cusp.   Uranus also   trines Eris, angry female, and squares the Nodal axis, other people....not so good a move.
        So if I were Pam, I would ask myself is this the first Home I have ever owned?    Is my next Home, my second or my 3rd Home???

Rex Bills, says remodelling is ruled by Uranus.   Uranus, remodelling, trines Sun, ruler of 4th, Home, and Sun conjuncts Part of Fortune, so remodelling could add cash to the selling price.
        When I bought my first home, I was unemployed, but parents supplied the cash, back in 1972, houses were cheap, but didn't really like it....was a small bungalow, I was just married no kids.      6 months later, employed, bought my second and final home.    Aries on my 7th(second Home) ruled by Mars in 5th, had 2 kids here, and this Mars sextiles my natal Sun with no bad aspects to Mars, explaining why I have lived in my 2nd Home since 1974.
        My first home, represented by Capricorn 4th, ruler, Saturn, cadent in 6th of work, trine Pluto anaretic in 10th.   Depressed here and desire to keep up with Joneses and friends.    So put money down on new one and sold old one.

Well, Halina, my present home is the second home I've owned; thus if I sell it and buy another one, that will be my third.  So according to what you're saying, this means that moving would not be such a good idea.  I agree that the idea of Uranus ruling the new home doesn't thrill me, though personally I'd read it as being in the 11th house, not the 12th, which wouldn't be as bad; still, it does square the nodes.  But if I stay where I am, I'll certainly be doing remodelling; even if I end up moving, I'll still be doing some remodelling here - and you say Uranus rules remodelling?  Cripes, I'm about ready to tear my hair out.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
        There are 2 major Solar Eclipses in 2019.    See chart below.    First, a Total Solar Eclipse, July 2, 2019, AT 10Cn37, falls exactly on your Asc-Uranus and opposes natal Venus, in your 7th House, representing the  second Home owned during your lifetime.
        A second Solar Eclipse, 4Cp07.    This late December 2019 Capricorn Eclipse is in a Saros Series associated with sudden endings.   It falls in your 6th House, close to 7th.  This Eclipse widely opposes natal Asc-Uranus and conjuncts Venus, 7th, second Home owned in lifetime.   Orb of 6 degrees.    Eclipses are activated 3 months before the eclipse and 3 months after.

So, Halina, could I ask you to please spell out exactly what effect you think those eclipses will have on me?  The last time I had a total solar eclipse hit my Ascendant and Uranus, it was very, very bad news.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:26:58 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Halina

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »
Hi Pamela,   Rex Bills book "The Rulership Book" assigns redecorating to Uranus.
Same Saros Series eclipses relive similar incidents in 18.5 year increments.    Presently, we are in the year 2018, so if we subtract 18 years, we are back to the year 2000, possibly in the range 1999-2001.   So you would have to recall what major event happened back than as being a recurring theme in the present.
     Checking Eclipses back then, there were 2 occurring around the same time:
1. Feb 5, 2000, a Solar Eclipse, 16Aq02 conj your natal Sun on the 9th cusp.
2. July 1, 2000, a Solar Eclipse, 10Cancer14 conj your Asc-Uranus.
    Only you know what happened 3months before or after these dates.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:39:10 AM by Halina »

Offline Al Rescha

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2018, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi Pamela Young,
"...Mercury which is in the 7th house, angular, thus strong, but in detriment, and that this means that moving would be detrimental in some way.  Why does it mean that?"
When you are doing Horary there is a chart called essential dignity and debility. Mercury being angular=accidental dignity meaning you have the power to act upon your situation even if you choose not to. In the chart of essential dignity and debility a planet (in this case) in the sign opposite the one in which it rules=it is in its detriment. Mercury in this case is your significator=in this chart it represents you. When an astrologer answers a Horary it takes a collection of the information gathered using what are called strictures to come up with an answer. This is what I have done for you. Horary is not etched in stone but it does give enough information so that you can make an informed choice. When you have an answer to the question asked, it is advised to stop. What the detriment is could be many things. Horary should be asked from the client to the astrologer for this very reason. Astrology is not a performance art. If you were my client I would be on the phone with you figuring out what that "detriment" amounts up to. Maybe you have mobility problems and a new home might have lots of stairs or there could be contractual issues, etc. Those issues could only be "teased" out with talking to you. Also, I don't use the outer planets unless they are screaming to be read. Neptune squaring you simple says you are confused about what to do, thus you've asked a Horary. It is NOT needed to answer the question you asked which is what we should always stick to>>>>answering the question asked. That is one of the strictures>>>STICK TO THE QUESTION BEING ASKED! Also, the 4th is your current home, 4th from the 4th=7th is the home you are thinking of moving to. This has nothing to do with how many homes you have purchased or lived in before you asked this question to the Horary.
I find the Horary to be one of the most intriguing branches of astrology after Solar Arc theory. Good luck with your studies. 
Al
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:19:46 PM by Al Rescha »

Offline Halina

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2018, 12:40:31 PM »
      Here's an interesting technique....Homes are ruled by Moon, Cancer and the 4th House.    We divide your life into 3 parts and assigen your 3 triplicity rulers to the 3 stages of life.    Your chart is diurnal with Sun above the horizon, thus your 3 triplicity rulers for a water Moon are Venus, Mars and Moon.
Meaning during the first third of life,, around 0 to 30, home was defined by Venus, which in your chart is in a cardinal Grand Cross...
(Venus opp Uranus) square (Jupiter opp Saturn).     Houses 1,7, 4 and 10 involved.,   Sun, in money axis, joins Saturn in the Grand Cross.
      The second triplicity ruler for home is Mars, during age 31 to 60+.  This describes your next home purchased during this time period.   In your chart
Mars is in your 5th and receives aspects from Mercury, 8th, and Asc-Uranus.
      You are now in your last third of life,, and home, homelife is ruled by the last triplicity ruler Moon.    Moon in your chart is strong, angular and in rulership oc Cancer.   This Moon receives no negative aspects.    Uranus, remodelling, is conjunct this Moon ....suggesting you will remodel during this periof of life, age 61 to
90+.
      Libra is on the cusp of the 4th ruled by Venus in Capricorn, an earth sign.    The 3 triplicity rulers for earth in a day birth are....Venus, Moon and Mars.
You are now in your last third of life so let's look at Mars in further describing HOME.   Mars in 5th describes creative decorating.   Aspected by 8th house Mercury, perhaps a loan to finance this decorating to pay for improvements.
     Libra on your 4th is an Air sign, so for a day birth, your 3 triplicity rulers are Saturn(age 0 to 30),  Mercury and Jupiter(Age 61 to 90+).     In your chart
Jupiter, in 10th, in a cardinal T-square, opp Saturn, 4th, ruler 5th, creativity. both squaring, Asc-Uranus, remodelling, opposite Venus, beautification in the 7th,
contractor partner.  Venus rules 4th of HOME.   7th could also be seen as your second Home ever.
     STOP:  this all suggests staying put in your 2nd ever home and remodelling it.   This technique uses Whole House System and has been tested in Homes, Love, Health in numerous cases and found to be very accurate.   Sources:  used by Dr H, Bernadette Brady and Joseph Crane.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:29:40 PM by Halina »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
Hi Pamela Young,
"...Mercury which is in the 7th house, angular, thus strong, but in detriment, and that this means that moving would be detrimental in some way.  Why does it mean that?"
When you are doing Horary there is a chart called essential dignity and debility. Mercury being angular=accidental dignity meaning you have the power to act upon your situation even if you choose not to. In the chart of essential dignity and debility a planet (in this case) in the sign opposite the one in which it rules=it is in its detriment. Mercury in this case is your significator=in this chart it represents you. When an astrologer answers a Horary it takes a collection of the information gathered using what are called strictures to come up with an answer. This is what I have done for you. Horary is not etched in stone but it does give enough information so that you can make an informed choice. When you have an answer to the question asked, it is advised to stop. What the detriment is could be many things. Horary should be asked from the client to the astrologer for this very reason. Astrology is not a performance art. If you were my client I would be on the phone with you figuring out what that "detriment" amounts up to. Maybe you have mobility problems and a new home might have lots of stairs or there could be contractual issues, etc. Those issues could only be "teased" out with talking to you. Also, I don't use the outer planets unless they are screaming to be read. Neptune squaring you simple says you are confused about what to do, thus you've asked a Horary. It is NOT needed to answer the question you asked which is what we should always stick to>>>>answering the question asked. That is one of the strictures>>>STICK TO THE QUESTION BEING ASKED! Also, the 4th is your current home, 4th from the 4th=7th is the home you are thinking of moving to. This has nothing to do with how many homes you have purchased or lived in before you asked this question to the Horary.
I find the Horary to be one of the most intriguing branches of astrology after Solar Arc theory. Good luck with your studies. 
Al

Hi Al,

Thank you so much for the additional information.  In the past I've chosen never to look further into horary because, frankly, it smacked to me of magic, and that put me off.  Astrologers seem to lean in one of two directions: towards magic, or towards science, and I am  among the latter.  I've just always felt that if astrology works, and there is no question that it does, then it should be possible to explain it scientifically.  Horary just felt like something from astrology's past that deserved to be discarded, like its connection with alchemy.

But you've definitely piqued my interest, so I think I'm going to check it out more.  I'm going to look into taking a course, like Deborah Houlding's or Chris Brennan's.  Meanwhile, thank you again for looking at my situation, and applying the techniques you use to it.  We'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:08:09 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2018, 10:06:22 AM »
      Here's an interesting technique....Homes are ruled by Moon, Cancer and the 4th House.    We divide your life into 3 parts and assigen your 3 triplicity rulers to the 3 stages of life.    Your chart is diurnal with Sun above the horizon, thus your 3 triplicity rulers for a water Moon are Venus, Mars and Moon.
Meaning during the first third of life,, around 0 to 30, home was defined by Venus, which in your chart is in a cardinal Grand Cross...
(Venus opp Uranus) square (Jupiter opp Saturn).     Houses 1,7, 4 and 10 involved.,   Sun, in money axis, joins Saturn in the Grand Cross.
      The second triplicity ruler for home is Mars, during age 31 to 60+.  This describes your next home purchased during this time period.   In your chart
Mars is in your 5th and receives aspects from Mercury, 8th, and Asc-Uranus.
      You are now in your last third of life,, and home, homelife is ruled by the last triplicity ruler Moon.    Moon in your chart is strong, angular and in rulership oc Cancer.   This Moon receives no negative aspects.    Uranus, remodelling, is conjunct this Moon ....suggesting you will remodel during this periof of life, age 61 to
90+.
      Libra is on the cusp of the 4th ruled by Venus in Capricorn, an earth sign.    The 3 triplicity rulers for earth in a day birth are....Venus, Moon and Mars.
You are now in your last third of life so let's look at Mars in further describing HOME.   Mars in 5th describes creative decorating.   Aspected by 8th house Mercury, perhaps a loan to finance this decorating to pay for improvements.
     Libra on your 4th is an Air sign, so for a day birth, your 3 triplicity rulers are Saturn(age 0 to 30),  Mercury and Jupiter(Age 61 to 90+).     In your chart
Jupiter, in 10th, in a cardinal T-square, opp Saturn, 4th, ruler 5th, creativity. both squaring, Asc-Uranus, remodelling, opposite Venus, beautification in the 7th,
contractor partner.  Venus rules 4th of HOME.   7th could also be seen as your second Home ever.
     STOP:  this all suggests staying put in your 2nd ever home and remodelling it.   This technique uses Whole House System and has been tested in Homes, Love, Health in numerous cases and found to be very accurate.   Sources:  used by Dr H, Bernadette Brady and Joseph Crane.

Hmm ... well, interesting, Halina.  At this point I have to admit, I'm more confused than anything.  I think I may end up putting astrology aside and just go along and see what happens.  It'll probably be easier to figure out what worked after the fact.