Author Topic: egypt circa early 2011  (Read 5925 times)

james m

egypt circa early 2011
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »
the chart i am looking at is the 1953 june 18th gmt chart with 29 aries rising 18.... the natal sun at 27 gemini 23 is ripe for unrest with t uranus hitting the natal 3rd house sun directly... natal sun/mars conj has been having transiting pluto in opposition for the past couple of years, but it seems it needed the t uranus to open it right up..

the major transit on top of the above data is of course the saturn return which may be signifying a change in leadership here too.. either way the problematic square from saturn/neptune to the midheaven at 19 capricorn just doesn't look pretty.. it must be stirring up a lot of insecurity in the leadership and they seem to have responded in typical dictator fashion with a totalitarian type clampdown on any protesting or the flow of info... i suppose the usa is right alongside to help them keep a lid on it too... it never ceases to amaze me how often the usa comes to assist despots while claiming to be a voice for freedom and democracy...  i wish the people of egypt well in their attempts at a better political system then the one they now have..  it is certainly a tricky time for egypt astrologically..

i give them 3 year max for the change over... aside from this saturn return, solar arc uranus will connect to ascendant 2 1/2 years, solar arc ascendant will connect to natal sun in 3 and finally sa pluto hits natal saturn 4 years out... this last one is either a continuation of the ruthless hold on power that has marked egypt and many of the countries in the arab world, or it signifies a complete death of the old type of leadership as represented by saturn... i am hoping uranus can bring in some fresh air sooner then that..

james m

Re: egypt circa early 2011 - Hosni Mubarak
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »
Hosni Mubarak was born on May 4, 1928  Kafr-El Meselha, Monufia, Egypt

his sun/mecury conj at 13/14 taurus is also being hit directly via the 45 semisquare of transiting uranus... i wish i had a birth time for him!!

he assumed the Presidency on 14 October 1981.. if you take a look at the data in the oct 14th 1981 chart and overlay it on the june 18 1953 you can see where his rise to power coincides with the saturn return generally and sun/jupiter/pluto all sitting conj the 1953 natal saturn/neptune square midheaven grouping..

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:39:52 AM by james m »

james m

Re: egypt circa early 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »
i have to say how fascinating i find the astro pictures overlapping with events in egypt today... the number 1 pic to me is the approx 29 year cycle of saturn going on here.. saturn has an association with authority and leadership, which is of course dependent on how it connects with the rest of the chart- planets specifically as i see it.. with egypt we find a despotic type leadership wanting to pass control over parliament to his son, with the basic support of the usa, and possibly russia and china too for that matter... at this point it appears a military coup is likely, as this is another way to perpetuate the robbing class in their continuation of keeping the general public in a position of slavery.. i note the dispatch from wikileaks involving us diplomats and those within the halls of power in egypt on this very topic which can be read here. http://wikileaks.ch/cable/2007/04/07CAIRO974.html

the first part of this is taking a look at the march 15th 1922 10am chart for cairo egypt and overlap the june 19th 1953 130am cairo data on top of this.. both charts have saturn in libra and both charts show a very direct aspect between midheaven and saturn - the march 15th chart an exact 135, while the 1953 chart has an exact 90 between the same... then super impose the oct 14 1981 chart when mubarak assumed power in the military coup on top of these charts and note how saturn in libra is an ongoing theme and directly connects with the midheaven to the 1953 and 1922 chart.. pluto is overlapped with this midheaven/saturn combo too beginning with the 1922 chart, and continuing on with the 1953 chart.. jupiter is also involved in the mix..

now take a look at the transits for this time in connection with these charts and one sees the prominence of t saturn to the 1922, along with pluto 45 same 1922 midheaven.. also t saturn to the 1953 chart stands out strongly here as it does with the oct 14 1981 transition of mubarak to power...

i don't know if a better example can be found of the ongoing cycle of saturn in relation to egypts changing fortunes with regard to leadership.. this is a fascinating study worth looking at for any astrologer interested in mundane astrology.. the silence on the board here over what i believe is a fairly significant world event is quite interesting too...  it is more then likely mubarak is not going to survive this situation and of course he has proven how uninterested he is in reform... meanwhile the response from the world community specifically obama is shameful as i see it...   the usa's role of leadership is woefully lacking-  this being just another very recent example... the world seems to have moved on where the dominance of usa world power is being replaced by a more challenging vying for power of other countries, notably china and russia to an extent... 

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
I might be cross eyed and not looking at these charts correctly, but it looks as if both Tunisia and Egypt are Gemini Suns and Virgo Moons. Isn't that weird?   

Tunisia is going through Prog. Lunar Return.  Egypt through Saturn Return.  Hey, Prog. Moon is conjunct natal Saturn too!  on same degree.

james m

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »
that's correct in stitches... thanks for offering some different commentary on this topic..

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:46:04 AM »
I rectified the chart of the republic of Egypt to 01.29.10 EET Asc 29Ari01'.
In primary directions: Neptune 180 Sun.
In the converse solar return, precession corrected, Pluto & Neptune on MC.
The aspects between the radix to the converse solar return are very ominous:
NN 120 Sun  10'
Uranus 90 Pluto  12'
Mars 180 Saturn 16' &Neptune 8', 90 Mercury 40'
Venus 120 Neptune 21'

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:31:27 PM by Isaac Starkman »

james m

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
What happened in Iran could happen in Egypt, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday after meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

i see this democratic uprising in egypt is causing some alarm in the israeli leadership too.. i suppose obama and netanyahu would like life to be slavery  for a majority of egyptians while the elite who run the country can continue on in their ways..  that uranus/jupiter = aries point is freaking out a lot of folks...  i vote for freedom, even if my vote doesn't ever seem to count for anything.. others can try to hold onto the pluto in capricorn vibe..

Offline Jamie Partridge

• Darkstar Astrology
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »
I rectified the chart of the republic of Egypt to 01.29.10 EET Asc 29Ari01'.
In primary directions: Neptune 180 Sun.
In the converse solar return, precession corrected, Pluto & Neptune on MC.
The aspects between the radix to the converse solar return are very ominous:
NN 120 Sun  10'
Uranus 90 Pluto  12'
Mars 180 Saturn 16' &Neptune 8', 90 Mercury 40'
Venus 120 Neptune 21'

The chart worked out amazing in the end. I looked at transits for the announcement of Mubarak's resignation, 6:02 pm, Cairo, February 11 2011.

Transits to Egypt chart, precess 48'
Lunar Eclipse conjunct Sun 10'
Uranus square Sun 19'
Jupiter square Mars 01'
Mars opposite Pluto 51'
Sun opposite Pluto 46'
AntiVertex conjunct Mars 23'
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:47:20 AM by Jamie Darkstar »

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:53:46 AM »
We can add the following transits:
Neptune 60 Asc 50'
NN 120 Asc 43'
Mars also trine Saturn 27' and Neptune 8'.
In the last New Moon on 3 Feb 2011, Pluto exactly on Asc.
In the last Lunar Eclipse, Neptune on Asc
In the last Solar Eclipse NN and Pluto on MC, Jupiter and Uranus on Asc.