Author Topic: Uranus square Pluto generation  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
Uranus square Pluto generation
« on: August 08, 2019, 06:26:41 AM »
We lived through the Pluto square to Uranus timeframe - and the memory of upheaval is still strong in our minds.
Now my thoughts move to the children born with that signature in their horoscope - and what that imprint in their chart will add to the world.

Recently - TMA published an article I wrote about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - and as I was analyzing her chart, I deeply pondered the events in the world that were taking place when she was born. I spent time thinking about the revolutionary energies manifesting - triggered by the dynamic patterns in 1989 - and how AOC would carry those patterns into her life purpose. Here's a segment that was part of the article:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The progressive and revolutionary profile AOC palpably radiates is connected to natal Uranus sitting at 1 Capricorn - in orb of the Aries Point. The congresswoman was born during the powerful conjunction that took place in 1989 with Uranus-Saturn-Neptune in Capricorn.

That significant time period in the late 80’s - with the grouping of the three outer planets in Capricorn - was when the Berlin Wall came down. It was also when the Tiananmen Square protests in China focused the attention of the world on the yearning to be free of the yoke of authoritarianism.

The forcible and violent suppression of mass political protests in Beijing, plus the fall of the Berlin Wall, carried a signature energy of significant societal change. These two watershed events were in accord with the transiting stellium of outer planets in Capricorn and stood out as clear indicators of a strong current of upheaval flowing through the collective consciousness. Change and reform needed to manifest in a big way.

Many people born in 1989, including AOC, received the powerful imprint of the revolutionary need for change via the planetary alignment in Capricorn. A new generation of souls whose life purposes are linked with shaking up the establishment was brought to earth."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mention this because what is above is reflected below, and what is within is reflected without.... (something Noel mentioned in the DVD series my husband and I shot with him). The signature energy happening during world events becomes imprinted onto the souls who are born at that same time. So - as the
Berlin Wall fell - and Tiananmen Square protests were bubbling..... the vibe was in the air for freedom.

So - now back to the Pluto square Uranus time - specifically strong from 2010 - 2016. Perhaps we need to deeply remember the watershed events from this period - and respect the theme of growth we received. Not just on a personal level - but also as a world. And then consider how the kids born during that time will carry that message forward.

I had the honor of consulting with a parent who has three kids born during that time. One of them who was born in 2014 has a cardinal grand cross involving Pluto-Uranus-Jupiter-Mars. The other two children just have the square between the two heavyweights.

It struck me - as a palpable wave of intensity...... that these three kids, born with the imprint of Foundational Change - will have the potential as agents for progress once they reach adulthood. That is, if they choose to use their chart positively. Considering the life-purpose issues for these kids was a very powerful experience. And - consulting with the parents on how to best help these kids to manifest the best and highest vibe of this dynamic pattern was an extraordinary experience.

Especially the child with the Cardinal Grand Square! So much dynamic developmental tension - involving the need for freedom, the need for challenging the rules, the need to live a very unique frequency. This child is already a handful - at only 5 years old.

Thinking in terms of how these energies will flow through behavior of all the kids born with this "need press" for turning the tables over - shaking up tradition - changing the sense of boundaries - it's just fascinating!!! I suspect I will have more parents with kids from that time - seeking help from astrology.

I think it's important to remember that social media had an exponential growth just about the same time that the Pluto-Uranus square began to bath us in the fast current vibe of change. The kids born under that square - have technology virtually hardwired into their brain. Where will this take us?

Kathy

Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline pdw

Re: Uranus square Pluto generation
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:01:50 AM »
Interesting generational food for thought, Kathy, thanks.

Especially the child with the Cardinal Grand Square! So much dynamic developmental tension - involving the need for freedom, the need for challenging the rules, the need to live a very unique frequency. This child is already a handful - at only 5 years old.

What an intriguing chart…he might be a (high maintenance ;)) handful but I’d guess not without Libra intelligence, charm, and social awareness. Makes me think of strong potential to become a recognized or other-oriented activist, leader, champion – with maturity.     

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 04:51:12 AM »
Yes - the pattern repeats - different signs, but the same dynamic in play. I know so many people with the conjunction in Virgo - and look what was going on in the mid 60's - profound social revolution! So - how has the imprint that you received from being born - with that going on in the world - been a part of your life purpose issues?

I have always loved the image of "receiving an imprint" - from the planets.... rather than feeling that the planets are "making us" a certain way. We receive the energy in our soul when we enter the earth plane - and then we get to carry it forward in life - because it serves our growth in some way.

The conjunction in Virgo generation is a very interesting bunch of people - quite often with analytical skills that look at problems with a different perspective. This ability to think outside the box sparks progress.

My mother (still alive and kicking) born in 33 - with Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Cancer - certainly had her own revolutionary way of being a mom. She allowed us tremendous freedom (probably too much) - because she believed we (her children) were up to the task of handling it. So - at age 8, I was making dinner for the family every night, and baking every single cookie, cake, and pie recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook.... all unsupervised.

We were latchkey kids - which would never happen now - in the same way. However, being given that much freedom did teach me to be fearless in many ways. I would have liked a little more guidance - but I am also very thankful for being pushed to be very independent and self-directed. That was the gift from having a mom with Uranus in Aries (independence) square Pluto in Cancer (family).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:53:10 AM by Kathy Rose »
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline crabman

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
Kathy-  is your mother either a Gemini or Sagittarius sun?  I've noticed that those women rarely supervise their children. They just assume that the kids are smart enough to do things by themselves.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:50 AM »
My mother is a Libra. Although - I really hesitate to jump into a generalization of a Sun sign - because this leaves out the whole picture.  I've known many women with Gemini or Sagittarius Sun - who have pronounced maternal drives due to other parts of the chart.
Kathy Rose Astrology

Offline bestgranny

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 07:37:41 AM »
my daughter is a dec 1966 sag, and she never askes her 3 kids to do anything, she wont ask her husband either she said i dont want to be a ng. so either she does it, it gets left or i and my husband do it. both leos. Her 21 year old has never ironed anything cooked anything or done anyhousework i think it is shameful

Offline Francine

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 09:21:14 AM »
True Kathy, my daughter is a Sun Sag with a Cancer moon. Doesn’t have kids yet but she loves them and is very good with them. Every important female in my life is Sun Sag with a Cancer moon. All great mothers. My mother was a Libra Sun, Cancer Moon born 1932 with her sun and moon aspected by the Uranus, Pluto square with Saturn conjunct Pluto. When I first saw her chart I was stunned at all the difficult aspects. I think her saving grace was a talent triangle aspecting moon, mercury and Venus. She has the best sense of humor and wonderful outlook on life, very positive person.

Offline Robynne

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:16:42 PM »
Thanks Kathy,

Being one of the Uranus cj Pluto generation in Virgo, (I know, there are many of us), I think first of how technology especially computers have revolutionarised our worlds.

Once upon a time people had to live life and earn their knowledge the hard way, now through Google, information can be accessed in a few moments and revolutionaries can band together in tribes, groups or forums.

Whether this was for the betterment of humankind or not is still up for discussion.

;)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 07:52:58 AM »
Rather than get stuck on one part of the chart - and linking that to personality, my preference is to look at the horoscope from a purposeful point of view. So - instead of the most common thinking that seems to be very present in the astrological world now.... which is "I have this planet aspecting that planet - so it means that I am .....(insert a personality describer)" - I'd rather reflect on how the patterns of the planets promote purposeful development.

In the Empowered Astrology Seminar I will host in March 2020 (along with 6 other Tyl Grads) - the first lecture I'm presenting is entitled "When astrological Why's? become Wise". That lecture topic is meaningful to me.... because this is how I teach astrology. The act of asking Why? - can become a very interesting step to take - when first looking at the horoscope.

For instance - "Why would someone incarnate when Uranus and Pluto are in hard aspect?". This points the thinking so that it's aligned with pondering how that particular planetary dynamic will promote development for that person. Or - how that planetary placement might create the scratchy sort of tension that will necessitate growth. When we have two planets in strong contact - and the vibe is agitating.... like an itch you MUST scratch.... and how you find a way to resolve or deal with the tension.

For Uranus and Pluto - we can also take it on a larger view - and ask "Why does humanity need this now?" For these two outer planets - the energy combined seems to want to turn the tables over.... to move something that has become stuck.... forward -to trigger necessary endings and change, so that we can move advance.

So - instead of the pigeon hole thinking - of putting people into little personality slots made up nicely of the 12 zodiac signs - my thinking flows to what that soul is trying to polish in this lifetime - and how their chart points to the rough spots that NEED polishing.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:22:59 AM by Kathy Rose »
Kathy Rose Astrology