Author Topic: Anthony Bourdain  (Read 16738 times)

amymaddalozzo

Anthony Bourdain
« on: June 08, 2018, 04:33:40 AM »
News is that he committed suicide.  Born June 25, 1956, in NYC   I am not surprised.  Mr Bourdain is a recovered heroin addict.  People become addicts  or have a problem with alcohol because they have underlying mental health issues, it is called self medicating   AMY

Offline Halina

Re: Anthony Bourdain
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:49:44 AM »
Thanx Amy, any time of birth???  I'll do a 90* dial which doesn't need time of birth.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:36:48 AM by Halina »

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
Halina   I do not have a time for Bourdain but the chart you listed is interesting.  AMY

Offline Steven7

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:07:58 PM »
 This guy didn't stand a chance, the cosmos was smashing him.

https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Anthony_Bourdain

The great American Eclipse was on his Jupiter last August.
The February Eclipse 27 Aquarius pinged off  his Pluto Jupiter Neptune Venus Saturn and Lilith.
 The recent Full Moon 8-10 Sagittarius  was conjunct his natal Rahu.

Maybe in future lives he can  run vegetarian restaurants and get a better deal from the planets.

Offline pdw

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »
There’s so much we don’t know about Anthony Bourdain’s chart – his birth time, Moon degree (either Capricorn or Aquarius), and Angles. One thing we do know is that he was undergoing a transiting Saturn opposition to his natal Cancer Sun (January-November 2018), suggesting an individually challenging and potentially discouraging period, physically or emotionally. Low vitality, depression, feeling alone or isolated (Saturn possibilities) might contribute to losing the will to live (Sun).   

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 07:26:38 AM »
Thank you, pdw.  You are always so conscionable.  At least now, Anthony probably knows how much he was loved.  I think he never quite felt connected to others, even though that is what he wrote about, and talked about on No Reservations (such a remarkable play on words).  His natal Sun is rather peregrine, and even if it is in touch with an angle, it is sadly only barely touched by Venus, which strives from its introspective chattiness to huddle into the warmth of the Sun.  It’s like his father never touched him, never said I love you.  Saturn rx is almost “punished” by the Jupiter-Pluto which suggests extraordinary efforts for achievement at all costs.  And, by the way, that set was just about scorched at last year’s eclipse.  Anthony has been suffering. 

The Moon, wherever it is, is either opposite to Uranus or square to Neptune, or both, suggesting that Mom lived in her own world.  I would not be so brave as to say that except I just read the mother’s comments about her son.  Oh, she was so surprised, so amazed that a man who had everything would commit suicide.  Give me a break. 

Well, perhaps if there is such a thing as overwhelming odds that leave someone “without a chance” in life, we can say that Anthony gave it the old college try, and much more.  He brought poetry and some deep truths into our living rooms.  Helped us appreciate the truth that food is much more than tasty treats, and a way of connecting us all.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:28:51 AM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »
“This leads us to suspect that not much preparation and premeditation went into the act, and leads us more in the direction of an impulsive act,” said Mr. de Rocquigny in today's NYTs article.

This certainly sound like Uranus.

A few years ago my unfinished rectification stopped at 00 Scorpio 01 Ascendant. June 24, 1956 New York, N.Y. at 3:16:22 AM

I had written a contribution to this thread and was about to post when the Lord of Tabular Rosa cleaned my slate... ugh...

Anyway my point was, aside from Transiting Pluto and natal Saturn square natal Pluto etc. that Bourdain was a communicator. The article below launched his career into among other places "Parts Unknown." His life story was an inspiration to many including me as he seemingly launched himself out of obscurity [with help from his  mother] into stardom at a relatively late age. The untold part of the story reflects an unrewarded columnist and trade writer, until his breakthrough. One reviewer of his life recently said that when his first book came out it seemed like people were clamoring to the book store to buy two books. Harry Potter and Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain's book, and essentially the book form of the article below which launched it all.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/dont-eat-before-reading-this

I guess he's off to the one place he hasn't yet visited. God's Speed Anthony. God's Speed.

HVA

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
Hello Hudson:

I guess you mean June 25th at 3:16pm not am.  I don’t think the date is under question, only the time.  I played around a bit, did not do any rectification work, and right now I am leaning towards a 28 Scorpio ASC with the Saturn on it, just to try for rectification- mostly because of last year’s eclipse and his suicide being involved.  And it gives him a Virgo MC, which confirms the writing career and his need to be very tangible and hand’s on about it.  I saw your name here and I thought oh wow, Hudson has gone poetic on us and I bet there are at least 5 achingly long paragraphs to read (ha ha, I think “achingly” was a favorite one of Anthony’s).  Or..I was hoping you had, anyway.  Someone had better write something great about him because he wrote such amazing things about all of us and our love of food and life and of being real. 

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
Yes Barb not sure how that happened. Thank you. Have much written on him but will share at a later date.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
Typing on my phone.... argh

Offline pdw

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 05:06:56 AM »
This morning I came across a report that he had a grueling work/travel schedule and was “absolutely exhausted” in the months leading up to his death – which, if accurate, directly references the T Saturn opposition to his Sun, I think.   

Also, the above 'at risk' influence combined with the news that he “had been in a dark mood these past couple of days” made me notice a potentially significant trigger, especially for a Pisces Mars native, in the days leading up to his suicide. On June 5-7, the Moon was transiting Pisces and triggering his natal Mars and transiting Neptune (at 12 and 16 Pisces, respectfully), potentially reflecting a rise in moodiness that disorients personal initiative in some way, either positively (with inspiration) or negatively (with hopelessness). Increased impulsivity, irrational acts and distorted thinking (squaring his natal 13 Gemini Mercury) come to mind as possibilities with this one, as well as a highly sensitive period, physically, for drug/alcohol use or abuse.     

Offline pdw

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 05:50:14 AM »
Barbara, thanks for pointing out his Sun-Venus peregrine island. Theoretically running away with a chart, he literally ran all over the world displaying his personal viewpoint,  feelings, and creativity. With his natal Venus retrograde, in Gemini, I wonder if social shyness or awkwardness was something he had to learn how to hide or control (with Gemini charm, maybe).   

Offline James Williams

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »
From a Jyotish standpoint, it's pretty easy to see what went on here...

http://spokensanskrit.org/index.php?mode=3&script=hk&tran_input=jyotish&direct=au

Both transiting Jupiter and transiting Saturn were aspecting his natal Mars, natal Sun, and natal Venus.  No event of large significance ever happens in life without the double transit effect of Jupiter and Saturn.  This of course was no exception.

Natal Mars is in the nakshatra known as Shaatabhisha.  "Illnesses whose genesis occurs in Shatabhisha are very difficult to remedy, and may require 'one hundred physicians'...to cure" (from pages 242-243 in Light on Life: An Introduction to the Astrology of India).

Natal Sun is in the nakshatra of Ardra.  Its primary symbol is the teardrop.

Additionally, transiting malefic Ketu (South Node) is currently conjunct natal Moon, and also afflicting natal Mercury.  Both Moon and Mercury are planetary significators of the mind.  Transiting natural malefic Mars was also conjunct his natal Moon.  More confluence.

So all of these transits formed the backdrop...now, what was the trigger?  Transiting natural malefic Sun was just 4 degrees past being partile conjunct with natal Mercury, and 8 degrees past being partile conjunct with natal Ketu.

Add all this up and we see way too much malefic transit influence on his mind.

Now, once his actual birth time is located, there will be more corroboration and confluence to all of this...

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Halina

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
Thanx for the Vedic perspective, James......here is his Vedic biwheel.....and planetary nakshatras.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:50:15 AM by Halina »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »
Thanks Halina, this is such an instructive example, very rich, even without a known birth time.  Notice that whatever time he was born, his Karakamsha lagna was Gemini.  From Gemini, the exact transiting Mars-Ketu conjunction falls in the 8th House--conjunct the natal Moon (emotional mind).  That's a huge red flag right off the bat.

Additionally, whatever time he was born, his Chandra lagna was Capricorn.  Here the transiting Mars-Ketu exact conjunction is conjunct natal Moon in the 1st.

And his Sade Sati began last year when transiting Saturn entered the 12th from his natal Moon.  A phase of separation.  Longing for something.  A lot of chances to take the wrong turn.  Added pressure on the mind.  Feeling isolated and/or confined.

Etc., etc., etc.

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).