Author Topic: Prediction vs Perfect Hindsight  (Read 20049 times)

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Re: Prediction vs Perfect Hindsight
« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2024, 01:39:54 AM »
I think this is what you were looking for, relating to Ken's (converse) primary directed Neptune...

There are three conjunctions coming up.  The first is that Neptune has moved by converse primary motion to land on Ken's 8th House cusp/powerpoint.  (partile today, Jan 14th, but due to the expected orbs with primary directions could be +/- 2 months, in terms of effect)

On its own, this suggests potentially various Neptune and 8th House connotations, such as unsurety in terms of value to others, mournful life-or-death circumstances, astral or out-of-body experiences, death through coma, or some sacrificing of Self in order to make things better for others.

Halina, you could look at the Asteroids' positions relative to that, in other systems; but you'll likely have no way to see how it relates (asteroid-wise) in terms of Topocentric Primary Directions
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 01:43:50 AM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Halina

« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2024, 07:14:59 AM »
Hi OD,   something weird going on with Janus 5 and Janus 6.    I pullled up Ken's chart
with natal planets.    I got the chart alright but the planet symbols are WEIRD!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/z5r05ZLd/Ken-Haining.jpg
How do I correct this???

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2024, 12:05:58 AM »
Does it also do that, when you are looking at a full-sized chart on screen?

Your Janus is acting like it can't find one (or all) of the special glyph fonts, that are installed when Janus is installed...

They should be installed here -> C:\Windows\Fonts\
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Halina

« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2024, 07:13:37 AM »
Super OD,   I opened Astrology House file, went to Fonts, chose the 4th one down....
right clicked on it.....then clicked INSTALL.....voila, all my charts had the correct
planet glyphs.....thank you super genius OD.
      All this trouble started when I installed a PC Cleaner......it must have screwed
with my Registry Files and cleaned out the FONTS.    Thanx again.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 09:56:25 AM by Halina »

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2024, 02:16:35 PM »
Hi All Who Are Reading Here

Well, Transiting Pluto is about to leave Capricorn tomorrow evening.  Right now it is sitting on an Arabic Part that I have noted on my chart, the Part of Realization of Needs and Desires.  I had hoped it would have the same effect, with this Pluto Transit, that Saturn and Jupiter Transits did when they came to conjunct it.  The effect was a significant windfall both times.  This time there is nothing so far, however, Pluto is still there and the Sun has joined Pluto in that position at the end of the Sign of Capricorn.  I had noted that the main "hit" might not be until Pluto briefly returns to Capricorn before definitively entering Aquarius, which will be from September 1 to November 19 of this year, 2024.  So, if nothing significant takes place, in regards to that Part of Realization of Needs and Desires in the next day, then I will assume that the main effect will be on the next hits later this year. 

Given that my ongoing situation has been extraordinarily difficult and dangerous, I would like to think that in the next day that I might get that "lucky day" that I have been trying to predict for nearly a year and a half.  With Transiting Uranus slowing down to station on a conjunction with my Natal Jupiter, and then doing the exact conjunction, after going direct, circa February 24, 2024, I would hope for a positive change in my circumstances, and that it would be a cascading change.  I have had that experience before, and I need to have it again.  As Pluto moves into Aquarius I would expect worldwide change of all kinds.  So, I hope I am on the positive end of that.   

When I looked at the Neptune and Pluto Transits of this time, about 16 years ago, I wondered if I would survive this time.  It has been a harrowing time, for sure.  However, my optimism remains.  My adult son is in this with me, and so it is doubly important to me that I find a way to navigate my way out of this, and help him as well. 

Those who have been commenting have my birth info, but just to provide it again:  October 10, 1952  Far Rockaway, Queens, New York at 12:01:30 PM, and my son's is September 15, 1983  Albuquerque, New Mexico  7:50 AM.

Thanks for all the comments and the attempts to predict when I might get into a better situation, and the predictions in general that have been offered. 
Ken

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2024, 04:49:33 AM »
Hi Halina...

Glad you got it straightened out and everything is working correctly.

I know how frustrating computer problems can be...it's a big part of the reason that I have chosen that as my line of work.  (IT-Expert) 

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #486 on: April 10, 2024, 08:17:13 AM »
Hello Again to all who might be stopping by and were participating in this long series of posts.

Just a quick update on what is going on with me and my hope for what I have been calling "a lucky day." 

As the site was down for about two and a half months, my situation remains stagnant, and I am still seeking for pivot point to improve my situation, etc. 

Right now, I am having a Jupiter return, and Transiting Uranus is square my Natal Pluto, and inconjunct my Neptune-Midheaven.  Dean and Halina had both pointed to this Uranus Transit, Transiting Jupiter joining it around the 21st of this month, April 2024, as a time when I might see a real turn of fortune for the better.  Also, based on my last Solar Return, linchi saw a good year for me.  So, as always, I am hoping they are right. 

Good to be back here again.

Ken
October 10, 1952  12:02 PM  Far Rockaway, Queens, New York

Offline pdw

« Reply #487 on: April 11, 2024, 10:03:33 AM »
Good to hear you're hanging in there, Ken.

Your Jupiter return punctuated with the T Jupiter-Uranus conjunction sure looks like potential for a generous, happy, hopeful boost in your outlook or experience.

Seems like your Jupiter return might have particular individual significance since Jupiter rules your ASC, i.e., with expansive thinking and a positive attitude fueling your immediate plans and actions. Did anything happen at the last return?

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #488 on: April 11, 2024, 10:33:45 AM »
Hi PDW

On my last Jupiter Return, which was at the end of April, 2012, I was experiencing a much better time than I had been during previous months.  After about 6 months of homelessness, my son and I were both working full time, and in a hotel.  Even though we did not have very good jobs, both working at the same place in different departments, our combined income was quite an upswing from those hard months we had just come out of. 

However, I dropped the ball.  When I had trouble getting an apartment, due to an eviction on my record, I simply gave up and stayed at the hotel, and paid way too much to have a place to stay and keep off the streets.  My son and I reviewed this recently, and we have determined that I should take full advantage this time when and if this Jupiter Return gives me a similar break.  Right now, I am not seeing a break and the transit is starting to move off.  It will still be within what I consider a reasonable orb for a couple of weeks, and it may do more when Jupiter catches up with Uranus on April 20, 2024.  I just started another discussion focusing on my son's chart with that transit of Jupiter and Uranus. 

I am also hopeful that when Chiron moves into a trine to my Natal Pluto that it will boost the other positive transits.  That will happen in late May and early June. 

Meanwhile, Transiting Saturn is trine my Natal Venus, my Natal Moon-Uranus, inconjunct my Sun-Saturn, and sextile my Natal Jupiter.  This combined with the Jupiter Return would indicate to me that I might actually get a lucky day or two, and this time take them for all they are worth. 

Good to see you back here.  Thanks for the email letting me know that site is back up.  I got an automated message as well, and was checking every day to see if it was back up. 

I hope Halina and the others who were here reappear as well.

Ken

Offline pdw

« Reply #489 on: April 12, 2024, 05:02:13 AM »
Ken, your experience in 2012 reminds me of Jupiter's association with an upswing in our attitude and circumstances (opportunities); possibly with some complacency or wastefulness mixed in with Jupiter's largesse. A time when the ease of good fortune may distract us from being as prudent as we should be.

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #490 on: April 12, 2024, 09:48:44 AM »
Hi PDW

What you mentioned is the trick with favorable Jupiter Transits.  Robert Hand, in his book, Planets in Transit, often mentions, in connection with Jupiter Transits, that you may just take it as a time of ease, but you will be missing some key opportunities if you go that route.  This is probably one of the pivot points of success.  Enduring the hard Transits is one thing, and taking full advantage of the positive Transits is the other side of the coin. 

That being said, I am looking for some better conditions and hoping that if I do experience a positive change in fortune that I will be able to not only rest and recover from the recent difficult times, but also create a lasting effect that will prevail even after the Transit is over. 

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2024, 12:02:08 PM »
Hi All

PDW, on another discussion about whether or not we would consider Astrology to be a science, mentioned that there have been, and will be, many failed predictions made by astrologers.  Even throughout this thread there have been multiple predictions of when I might have what I call "a lucky day" that have not panned out.  But, this is the process of getting better at making more accurate predictions in Astrology. 

American Astrologer, Grant Lewi, published a book called, Astrology for the Millions, in 1940.  At this time Americans were being worked up, by the government and the media, to prepare us for war with Germany, and possibly Japan.  Lewi assured those reading his book at there would be no 1000 year German Empire, but that their leader, Adolf Hitler, owing to an aspect on his Natal Chart, would destroy himself and Germany.  Lewi predicted a time period when he thought that Hitler would kill himself.  Instead of actually killing himself, he attacked Russia.  It was a process of suicide, and Lewi noted in the second addition of his book that he had been wrong, but right in a sense.  It was suicide for Hitler to attack Russia when he did it.  Hitler ignored the advice of his military commanders, his government officials, and his astrologers, to delay going to war until 1943, and plunged Germany into a horrible war that cost them everything. 

And so it goes with astrological prediction.  At this time, with the knowledge we have, we might totally miss the prediction target, or we might come close, or, occasionally, we might hit the bullseye.  Part of the problem is there are so many factors.  We now have a discussion started about Midpoints.  This is yet another factor in Astrology.  Look at all the points and indicators we have to look at as we attempt to predict the future.  On a Natal Chart we have the Planets, we have the House Cusps, we have Arabic Parts, we have the Lunar Nodes, we have various Asteroids, we have Lilith, and we have Midpoints.  That's a lot of points on a chart!  Then we have Planetary Transits, Solar Arcs, Secondary Progressions, Converse Transits, Converse Solar Arcs, etc.  That's a lot to look at when attempting predictions. 

Here is what will happen.  Using myself as an example, when I put up information about a time when various events took place in my life, good or bad, there is little problem pointing to the indicators which show why the event happened.  However, trying to look at those same factors for a future prediction is, due to the complexity of all these different points on the Natal Chart, and the various indicators, not as easy as looking back on past events. 

If I live long enough to have another "lucky day," the type of which I have had in the past, then I will be fascinated to take a good, hard look at which indicators I could have seen in advance to predict such a "lucky day." 

Thanks to all who have participated in this discussion, and who keep trying to "predict the future." 

Ken

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2024, 11:09:18 PM »
Re: Jupiter

This actually makes a lot of sense.  Jupiter speaks of diversification, and of following those paths where the grass seems greener.  If it's pushing for us to take some step that will broaden us, it makes sense that our results might just be lackluster, if we attempt to stay right where we are, by doing nothing. 

Jupiter wants to reach out and to extend influence.  We can't fail to notice the expected reaching and extending.   ;)

There is another side to Jupiter though, and that appears to be protective.  In these cases, we might find ourselves (seemingly) knee-deep in it, in some area of our life.  However, with time and from the Jupiterian view, this might just be a blessing in disguise, that silvery lining on an otherwise dark cloud. 

It perhaps helps to think of Jupiter also in its role as the expander, the multiplier.  If Jupiter gives us 5 times back what we put into it, there's a great difference between a 10% effort (giving us a 50-50 chance) and a 1% effort (giving us a 1 in 20 chance). 

Lastly, it often works by networking/branching-out; whether with actions, learning opportunities, or with people.  If we don't network or branch out on our own, it's like Sagittarius' Archer has severely limited just how far he can ultimately extend that arrow. 

I have a Kite containing a Grand Trine of Sun-Jupiter-Neptune.  Jupiter is in the 9th House (where it has affinity), and is in Pisces, a sign it co-rules.  It participates in Jupiter=Mars/Midheaven (1° orb) ["A person with a lucky hand in an enterprise or venture, great success." ~Ebertin]  When things are at their "stinkiest," I still have great faith that we are somehow on track for what needs to be, and I optimistically await some sweet-scented flower that will grow out of the dung pile.  Until now, the dung pile has always ended up in the flower's shadow.

This Jupiter has brought me 1/3 of the way around the Earth to work in a foreign culture, but has given me success in many ways.  I dare say, had I stayed in the States (ignored the 9th House Jupiter in rulership), I might have been successful; but I suspect the level would have been significantly less.

Offline Halina

« Reply #493 on: April 19, 2024, 09:01:55 AM »
Hi again Ken,  on what date did the Tyl site return???
      Here is your son's current biwheel and the interp for tr Jupiter-tr Uranus which
repeats his natal Jupiter-Uranus.
     Interpretation....."New & fortuitous perceptions, new ideas & plans, inventions,
reforms, desire to alter everything, desire to travel, happy (temporary)
associations, quick comprehension of a situation; at times, profits thru' speculations
or lottery; sudden recognition."  interps by Reinhold Ebertin
     Welcome back, HALINA!
                         https://ibb.co/X4yszBQ      Click magnifier to enlarge biwheel

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #494 on: April 19, 2024, 10:03:44 AM »
Hi Halina

I think the site came back up circa April 10, 2024.  I was hoping that you were still checking it and would show up. 

Thanks for the interpretation of the Jupiter/Uranus Transit for my son.  I am watching this transit as it was something that Dean pointed out would possibly be a pivot point for me to have a upward turn of fortune, and then you later said the same thing.  Jupiter and Uranus are about to perfectly conjunct, squaring my Natal Pluto, and inconjunct my Neptune-Midheaven. 

Ken