Author Topic: Question about N.Node transiting my Venus  (Read 15320 times)

Offline MonkeyFish

Question about N.Node transiting my Venus
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
Has anyone had this transit and experienced anything at all with it?  It is now on my Venus.

Thank you
Breathe

Offline Bryan

Re: Question about N.Node transiting my Venus
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
Where is Venus located in your chart...what houses does it rule? Start there.

Bryan

Offline MonkeyFish

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
I have zero degrees Venus in Aquarius on the 6th house.  I mean, life is okay but it doesn't look like I have the famous N. Node rockin' my world or anything.  2/20/68 4:55pm albuquerque nm though I live newport, ri  I am trying to do a few interesting things - but nothing BIG seems to be going on.
Breathe

Offline sunflower

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
Monkeyfish,

The Nodal cycle is 18.6 years so every 9.3 years your Venus will experience either N or S Node T N Venus. Yes everyone would have this transit.

The 29 Cancer Solar Eclipse of July 22, 2009 will oppose your N Venus so you could see some 'action' related to 6th/12th House issues.

sunflower   :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:06:38 PM by sunflower »
sunflower

Offline Bryan

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »
MonkeyFish.

You are using the transiting true node, not the transiting mean node. I would try using the mean node instead. I have found it to be much more accurate. In fact, I don't use the true node hardly at all. The transiting mean node will be conjunct your Venus late June, early July.

Bryan

Offline MonkeyFish

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 06:33:56 PM »
Thanks this is all VERY helpful because I can feel when something is going on - there's always SOMETHING going on but I feel more in a "prep phase".  About to launch:)  Also - I didn't know about that Eclipse but it will trine my 29 degree Scorp Moon - do Eclipses trine? OR just conjunct or oppose? 
I didn't knwo what you meant by mean node?  But I hope you are correct because I am doing some things that aren't happening quite yet.  Hoping for some action then.

Thanks
Breathe

Offline sunflower

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:48 PM »
MonkeyFish,

The impact of an Eclipse is felt in the areas of life - the House and Polarity - where the Eclipse hits.A direct hit to a Luminary will have a greater impact than a square or trine. In fact you may not get any action to either. I allow 2 and one half degrees orb for a luminary hit but only a direct hit for a planet, ie no orb.

Determine for yourself if you choose to use the Mean or True Node - watch to see which works best for you.

sunflower    :)

sunflower

Offline Claire

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
MonkeyFish.

You are using the transiting true node, not the transiting mean node. I would try using the mean node instead. I have found it to be much more accurate. In fact, I don't use the true node hardly at all. The transiting mean node will be conjunct your Venus late June, early July.

Bryan

Only if NN is hitting natal Venus is there any validity as well as a transit.  However I dont even use transitting nodes at all I dont think they are relevant.  The nodes are personal depictions for where we are headed in this life and from where we have come via the south node axis. 

If you can find any text written about transitting nodes hitting our personal planets etc I would be interested to know.  They are part of an axis.

Offline ASCLibra

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 06:48:16 AM »
However I dont even use transitting nodes at all I dont think they are relevant. 

I wasn't much aware of them previously either.  Often times nodal transits produce too little an impact to be relevant, however, upon further research I read about a book called "The Lunar Nodes" by George White. 

AstroAmerica summarizes White's take on nodal transits as such: "He gives the secret to transiting nodes: The node must be near the planet's own node, or the planet near its own node. When they are, the transit has impact. There is also impact if, at the time of the transit, the planets are within one-half degree of parallel." 

No wonder so many nodal transits go unnoticed!  (Though I suspect he is referring to node/node transits, I have ordered the book as he probably broadens the topic to other nodal transits as well). 

Offline Stacy

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:12:37 AM »
However I dont even use transitting nodes at all I dont think they are relevant. 

I wasn't much aware of them previously either.  Often times nodal transits produce too little an impact to be relevant, however, upon further research I read about a book called "The Lunar Nodes" by George White. 

AstroAmerica summarizes White's take on nodal transits as such: "He gives the secret to transiting nodes: The node must be near the planet's own node, or the planet near its own node. When they are, the transit has impact. There is also impact if, at the time of the transit, the planets are within one-half degree of parallel." 

No wonder so many nodal transits go unnoticed!  (Though I suspect he is referring to node/node transits, I have ordered the book as he probably broadens the topic to other nodal transits as well). 

Celeste Teal's Lunar Nodes, covers the subject in great detail. The 'secret to transiting nodes' strikes me as odd (as quoted above). Teal has chapters on transiting nodes; transiting planets in aspect to nodes; progressions and nodes; nodes in solar returns --and the list goes on. I've not read anything that indicates a node "must be near the planet's own node, or the planet near its own node."  The description itself seems questionable ???. If it hits (aspects), it hits.

Stacy 
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline stargazer

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »
Claire,

The Moon's Nodes are very important indeed. The Moon represents so much in our charts and Noel includes them in his essay section of this site.

The Nodes feature strongly in Eclipses and an Eclipse cannot occur if the Nodes are further than 19 degrees from the Sun and Moon.

I'm aware some Astrologers use the Planetary Nodes - Michael Lutin comented on Jupiters Nodes when he was here some years ago now. Solar Fire includes the Planetary Nodes.

Might be difficult to find a really good book and Stacy has recommened one to you already. They are important! I'm experiencing the T Nodes to an Angle atm.

sunflower    :)