Author Topic: What is supposed to be fortunate about Jupiter in Scorpio  (Read 5704 times)

Offline rollanrm

What is supposed to be fortunate about Jupiter in Scorpio
« on: November 24, 2017, 03:51:26 AM »
I hardly want to write this because I am glad I have obtained some interest for the more vital ISIS and Vatican issue and look forward to the further promised comments on it, but the following is also a relevant issue at this time.

The connection of Jupiter in Scorpio to all the recent Hollywood sex revelations is obvious (though it is almost more like a Pluto in Scorp thing) but apart from this where is the good luck factor?

Australia's early Scorpio Prime Minister Turnbull has one problem after another, has lost his slim majority and may be forced out. His Scorpio predecessor Tony Abbot has just lost his father and been a bit embarrassed by his overwhelming daughter. Up and coming Scorpio rapper Lil Peep, went to sleep before a performance and never woke up, dead at 21 of apparently a perhaps not intended overdose. One early Scorpio I know seems to have many unresolved work problems that are getting to their health. The story goes on and on.

In my own case though I am not in any kind of trouble I can't, as another early Scorpio whose sun has been conjuncted and currently with tr Jup opposite my moon, report a single benefit or even notably upbeat feeling as a result of the Jupiter transits to my chart which might at best have contributed to a bit of publicity, some publication, desired sale of a house on the market and so on. About the most Jupiterian thing I can think of and it's very minor, especially for someone with Jupiter fairly strong to the extent it's in Sag, is some of my reading and even you tube watching. I have been arm chair travelling to places I have visited in the past or would wish to visit.

It is almost in this case and at this time as though Jupiter is more about truth and justice than luck and/or that as we approach the end of the era, the era of "grace" , grace and fortune are in lesser supply. For the Jews, and one of the reasons Jupiter is the Star of Bethlehem (even if highlighted and backed up by a comet for which there is some evidence), it is Tzedek or Righteousness and justice. That's certainly how it seems to be functioning at this time, but if so, where do we reckon to see "luck"? - in Venus the lesser benefic only?

amymaddalozzo

Re: What is supposed to be fortunate about Jupiter in Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
Most astrologers do not seem to regard Jupiter as very beneficial.  Jupiter in scorpio recently  trined my natal mars and uranus.  I did not see anything  real really great!  In fact, it is my understanding that as one ages, jupiter is many times involved in transits or solar arcs with death.  When my Dad died, transiting jupiter was starting to conjunct my MOm's natal sun.  Dad was real sick and it was a release from responsibilities   AMY

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »
Halina - Yes I was aware of some association of Jupiter with death and release; but if Jupiter can't even give us positive feelings (which is often claimed for its transits, esp of the ascendant) if and when it doesn't accompany good events and opportunities, I do have to ask if there is any point astrologers calling it the greater benefic at all. Just what do they or tradition really mean by that? Perhaps they mean it's fortunate natally, if, say, you were born with Jup conjunct or trine the natal sun life can be relatively easy. But that does seem a severe modification of the general principle in interpretation.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »
I love Jupiter !! However, it's a door that swings both ways: not only can Jupiter refer to death (a very long distance journey), but we know it can mean larger--such as a tumors or other bad health. 

My last Jupiter return was not especially beneficial at all, but the one prior to that was awesome and typical: long-distance travel and relocation; success with 2 lawsuits; new car; cash; new bf--whole ball of wax.

But basically, it's the aspects, the transit of Jupiter. It's approaching my Asc. and I have already started to gain weight, but I expect something truly beneficial as it nears my Asc.

Stacy

"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:36:37 AM »
Well, maybe we expect Jupiter to act too quickly.  Perhaps it is more like the Emily Dickenson bird in the soul - the bit of hope.  I wouldn’t expect Uranus to take too much time, but maybe Jupiter can be like an anointing, the bestowing of a teacher role, etc., if of course that sort of thing has been developed.  It would be different for everyone.  I was recently reading Bernadette Brady’s book on prediction - the Eagle and the Lark, and she talked about people who do not respond to anything in their personal chart at all.  Huh??  She suggested that some people only flow with the mundane world.  Wow.  I don’t think so.  They are probably just very stubborn.  And then there are some of us who are very attuned to our personal charts....can feel everything. 

Offline Daleth

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »
David Bowie had nJupiter at 21 Scorpio in the 9th house. He had his Jupiter return in November-December 1970. That's when his third album, "The Man Who Sold the World," was released in the US (a foreign country for him), and when his managers booked his first trip to the US, a longish visit that began at the end of January 1971, when tJupiter was conjunct his nVenus (at 2 Sagittarius in the 9th but conjunct the MC).

"The Man Who Sold the World" is still regarded as his first great album and the one that got his career moving in the right direction. Here's an article on that: https://music.avclub.com/on-the-man-who-sold-the-world-david-bowie-found-his-ca-1798243254

As it says, "The Man Who Sold The World did little to change Bowie’s commercial fortunes.... Still, the LP was pivotal in his development as a musician and proved to be a springboard to future, greater heights—especially because the record introduced two new musicians into Bowie’s orbit: guitarist Mick Ronson and drummer Woody Woodmansey, who had initially met as bandmates in a Hull, U.K., group called The Rats, and would later be part of the Spiders From Mars."

As Bowie fans know, it was with Ronson, Woodmansey and the Spiders from Mars that Bowie--after a decade of working his ass off trying to make it in the music industry--finally hit the big time.

That trip to the US also got his career going. "His label, Mercury Records, hoped that he would make a bigger splash if he went to the U.S. and had a chance to meet rock journalists and radio disc jockeys. So Bowie, despite his fear of flying, had gotten on the jet and endured a flight across the Atlantic for the first time." https://blogs.weta.org/boundarystones/2016/01/11/david-bowies-first-visit-america-started-dc-area

tJupiter was also in Sag hitting his Venus and MC 12 years later, when he signed the record contract under which he released "Let's Dance," which turned him into a global superstar.

Bowie's chart: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Bowie,_David
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:41:45 AM by Daleth »

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »
Being mostly self-taught there are large gaps in my astrological learning, but Dean, I don't recall running across anything that discussed the expectation of Jupiter [as the fulfillment].  Is this a common point, or more esoteric?

thanks for the educational post!

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Halina

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »
       Jupiter in Scorpio can be very fortunate, especially if it is in aspect to your natal Uranus.....lottery win.....scratch ticket win.   In your current triwheel there is no such aspect at
present.    However the wheel advises you to take care as you are accident prone at this time.
      Trans Mars is applying to your Solar Arc Uranus, and also to your trans Uranus.....a double whammy...12th and 6th House cusps align with these transits and arcs.   Mars rules your 6th H., while Uranus rules 4th...accident in the home area?
     So use the elevator instead of stairways and grasp handrails at all times.   Also use care in driving and be alert.    Triwheel below:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:12:27 PM by Halina »

Offline rollanrm

Re: What is supposed to be fortunate about Jupiter in Scorpio?
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 04:00:50 AM »
I don't know why in raising this subject I managed to overlook or forget a rather crucial point worth bearing in mind  if a bit hard to absorb.

In a sense and to the extent Jupiter is about "luck", it has to be a bit unpredictable or it is not about freedom  faith or hope. If it invariably delivered on time in one mode it would be a force of fate like Saturn.

It is an interesting point that if transposed to the religious realm, which is Jupitér's realm anyway, luck is "grace" and grace too is ultimately unpredictable. The Pauline idea of predestination, in many ways a Saturnian concept, is nonetheless said to be ultimately inexplicable; it is the expression of a seemingly arbitrary divine choice called "grace.

All said and done, The Star of Bethlehem would seem to be very appropriately Jupiter because the religion involved is essentially "Jupiterian". It is not about Law or Karma or works or all that is Saturnian and more or less typical of rival beliefs systems, but rather faith and belief. it is even suggested the core work we should do is to believe (Joh 6:29)

Offline pdw

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
All, thanks for sharing your good ideas (a Jupiter in Scorpio thing to do, right?). 

Since Jupiter can suggest timing for greater individual outreach and expansion in life - when our spirits are moved to increase social participation and broaden perspective (with education, travel, mental inspiration) - while Scorpio can intensify desire and deep attachment, perhaps Jupiter in Scorpio will reflect a significant, profitable, transformative experience with others, for some.

It occurred to me that Jupiter in Scorpio may reference a focus on shared resources/collaboration, mutual benefit, and profit, literally, as well as learning from an individual who inspires and teaches us (a prophet, mentor, guide). In Scorpio, perhaps Jupiter will reflect discovering and enjoying a passionate life focus.

Of course wise folks caution us to beware going overboard with Jupiter transits; by overdoing, overreaching of being overly optimistic, for examples. Perhaps we could add over-analyzing or obsessing in this case (Scorpio).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »
Just caught your continuing posts, Dean. I can see your points, as someone speaking from a Sag view. Same with your additions, pdw; All.

And, you all expand (Jupiter) my original concept ;) !.

Stacy