Author Topic: A book by Jeffrey Wolf Green  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Stacy

A book by Jeffrey Wolf Green
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:53:14 PM »
Forum:

Has anyone ever read Lucifer: The Influence of Evil in the Horoscope by Astrologer JWG?

I have owned a few of his books through the years but only heard of this one today upon receipt of my Feb-March copy of TMA where he advertises.

thanks,
Stacy

"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: A book by Jeffrey Wolf Green
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »
Hi Stacy.  I would be interested in reading it but I probably will not purchase it.  I noticed you said “where he advertises”.  Nothing wrong with saying that, but I think it is more correct to say “where he is advertised”.  I even think that for awhile, JWG’s daughter published books with his name as the author, though it was just herself and other people paraphrasing his ideas.  At least this book Lucifer is admittedly reporting some of his earlier lectures.  The man has disappeared, although I have not been able to document when he was last seen in public lecturing.  I try not to bring it up because people get very defensive about this guy, but I think only a few people know where he is living or what he is doing.  That’s fine.  He is retired, and he doesn’t want to be bothered.  He might be sick.  Whatever.  I just don’t like it when people cash in on books while deceiving the public.  I think JWG is not the only old astrologer who does it either.  When you stop seeing a person’s face, and the books keep coming out, and when you read them and it doesn’t sound like the real person, beware.  Yes, people can change, but they can also need money and when someone offers them a chance at making money, well, why would they turn it down?

Offline Antonio

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
Are you feeling FUNNY? Watch OUT!!!!!  :o :( ??? ::) :'( :P

THE NATURE OF EVIL AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE HOROSCOPE
by Jeffrey Wolf Green, at Astro 2000, April 2000
http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/wp-content/uploads/nature_of_evil.pdf

"To find Lucifer in your chart, go to Astro.com and enter 1930 into the asteroids which are found under the ‘extended charts’ option."
https://www.leahwhitehorse.com/2013/02/03/asteroid-lucifer/

Or here:
http://serennu.com/astrology/ephemeris.php

Lucifer: Mistaken for Satan for 1700 Years
https://www.soulbody.ca/lucifer-mistaken-satan-1700-years/

The Asteroid Lucifer And Abuse (Of Astrology)
http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/ohmystars/2017/04/asteroid-lucifer-abuse-astrology.html#tEMBdvc2ZlpIKpiu.99

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:13:42 AM »
Am so glad you brought up the topic, Barbara. I have been out of it for years and frankly didn't know whether JWG was dead or alive. Google search yesterday mentioned his obit.---but it came to a dead end (No pun intended), so I was left wondering, as if there was some mystery here.

Even if it's his daughter I do hope nothing unethical is going on with his books and do hope he is aware of and fine with whatever she is doing under his name.

Thanks for the clarification. It's important.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »
Just awesome, Bro. Antonio ! Many thanx for the link so that I don't have to order the book!

Umm...scared to answer "How do you feel?", and also to delineate the asteroid in my chart.  Don't want to get too much into this topic; just an overview from an astrological point of view.

Funny note: my favorite author Taylor Caldwell wrote Dialogues with the Devil which I read many years ago. Like all her work she was ahead of her time which I attribute to her brilliant Aquarian Moon and which I think falls near my IC suggesting we were family perhaps. She was my mother or I hers? Anyway...

And, in fact, every book of hers makes mention of Lucifer or the Devil somewhere and in some capacity. I have a fantasy that after I pass from this world I get to meet TC and sit with her in a created Celtic cottage, fire roaring, loving pets contentedly by our side, tea things on the table--and she narrates not only the books I couldn't get to, but tells me my story, too. What an imagination, eh?!

Much appreciated, "Cat-Man", lol!

Offline Stacy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
To invisible "A" (haha):  your referrals prompted me to dig out my copy of The Great Invocation, that powerful meditation/prayer by Alice Bailey. In it comforting lines "...let the plan of love and light work out and may it seal the door where evil dwells...".

Sista Stacy

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:18:58 PM »
Had to do it, find asteroid Lucifer in my chart. !

24 Virgo square N Moon, and partile cj with Mom's N Neptune. Hmm...
T-Sq involving sibling's 24 Gemini Moon opp 24 Sag Saturn.
Also square N Saturn-Neptune (not good for my health, either...)

Alice Portman, in a brief, excellent analysis of my Duad chart nailed it with a pattern of 22-24 Mutable in my family charts. !!  (before I knew where the asteroid L fell in my chart)

OMG!!!  Just checked out sister's N asteroid"L"-----25 Sag (cj my N Moon at 23 Sag and part of the mutable soup that is my heritage).
Mom's is 25 Gemini--need I say more?
Bro-in-law 26 Virgo.  Rest off family though not Mutable does hit through tight, prominent inter-aspects.

My curiosity over this book and subject matter started with that age-old question: "Why is there evil in the world?" and via the handy-dandy ephemeris bounced me back to family issues...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:52:29 PM by Stacy »

Offline Antonio

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:34 AM »
"Each individual is in one of four possible evolutionary conditions: 1. Stupid (2 or 3 percent). 2. Part of the herd (75%). 3. Individual (20%). 4. Spiritual (2 - 3 percent). As "spiritual" is of interest, I will quote Green's exact words:

'Two or three percent of human beings attempt to understand their own life & others' lives in a universal holistic context. In fact, these people desire to understand the nature of all Creation in this context and commonly link themselves to spiritual ideas or teachings as the guiding principles in life. They are attempting to discover, and therefore align themselves with, timeless values, beliefs & truths that apply at all times. In its highest condition, this state produces what are called avatars or spiritual masters & teachers: Jesus, Buddha, Lao-Tzu, Mohammed, Moses, and so forth. (pg. 26)'

"Note carefully: Green has not said that spiritual people all join ashrams, but he has not said that they do not. I ran around with "spiritual" people when I was younger & found them to be narrow-minded, cliquish and self-congratulatory." David R. Roell

Jeff Green's Evolutionary Astrology
http://www.astroamerica.com/evolve.html

Author Index to Astrology Books:
http://www.astroamerica.com/author.html

Offline Stacy

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
Thanks for links and more "free" JWG, Antonio.

I think I am a combo of 1,3 & 4 though. Maybe mostly 1st category;)....

But, don't you think we astrology seekers are spiritual in that we seek to understand our world and fellow inhabitants via astrology?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:35:41 AM by Stacy »

amymaddalozzo

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 01:18:36 PM »
My understanding is that David Roell is deceased and I am not sure if his bookstore is in operations   AMY

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Using www.peoplefinders.com, I have located JWG in Port Townsend, WA. 

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR