Author Topic: A divorce from the phone company  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

A divorce from the phone company
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:49:07 AM »
This is about a retirement - my husband's.  He worked for ATT for over 30 years and just retired on March 5th.  Last night I heard him on the phone with a friend, and he said that his "astrologer" advised him that it was a good time to retire, that it was "in the stars".  He was laughing…big joke.  Well, we don't talk astrology very often, and when I do he is not listening. To be fair I don't listen when he talks about radio towers except when I finally ask how the hell digital transmissions make it through the air at all.

My husband's ASC-DSC is at 3 Libra-Aries, so maybe you see where I'm going with this.  His MH is at 4 Cancer-Capricorn, and his ASC ruler is at 1 Cancer, so a lot has been happening for him since the arrival of Pluto and Uranus to those points, including the death of his mother.

Last summer when Uranus first got to 3 Aries I began thinking that he may not understand how badly he needed to heed the call to freedom.  He was thinking he would work for another two years before he retired; and I wondered just what he would do with all that Uranus.  I advised him to retire then, based on the astrology.  He wasn't ready. Along with myself, he changed his diet and got into better shape (the trigger for the ASC to respond).  But was that enough?

ATT helped him along by changing policies about the employee retirement package and by January of this year he knew that the smart decision was to get out by the end of March.  It wasn't me who advised him on that.  He chose March 5th as his last day, no help from me.  When I looked, I saw that Mercury was exactly at 3 Aries and Uranus at 3 Aries.  How in sync is that?  He spent the day chatting with old friends and saying goodbye….but of course when he got home he felt like he had just gotten a divorce.  The house was quiet because I was out, so he rushed out again and went to the corner store for awhile.  When I got home I could feel his "cut", I mean I think he was bleeding all over the floor.  Uranus is like that.  It cannot slip past your angles without your feeling like you are cut in half. 

Luckily it took him about one day to get over it.  We stitched him up.  He's sort of Uranian anyway, so he can handle it better than some people.  His own father never recovered from retirement, he just slowly died from it.  We've heard of many phone company retirees who die shortly after retirement.  They just bleed out.

Cheers.
Barbara Ybarra

Offline Patti

Re: A divorce from the phone company
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:48:18 PM »
My husband's ASC-DSC is at 3 Libra-Aries, so maybe you see where I'm going with this.  His MH is at 4 Cancer-Capricorn, and his ASC ruler is at 1 Cancer, so a lot has been happening for him since the arrival of Pluto and Uranus to those points, including the death of his mother....

He chose March 5th as his last day, no help from me.  When I looked, I saw that Mercury was exactly at 3 Aries and Uranus at 3 Aries.

Barbara, I am laughing...how perfect this is!!  I do understand the "bleed out" though -- so what new adventures are on the horizon for him?  Consulting?  I've worked with so very many people who have retired and become consultants in a technical capacity with contractors like Northrup, Lockheed, SAIC, etc.

BTW, my husband is probably my biggest supporter where astrology is concerned, but he is very down to earth and says this stuff is wa-a-ay over his head!

Patti

Offline pdw

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:51:18 AM »
Hi Barbara, I enjoyed reading this and wish your husband the best.  Although, since Pluto seems to do the surgery and blood-letting around my house, I did substitute 'rip' instead of 'cut' for Uranus in its tornadic format.   

Can you share how Uranus is connected in your husband's natal chart?  And, is Aquarius on your husband's 5th House?  If so, its transit seems to suggest prominent new self-expression, hobbies, community interests maybe.  Or, at his DSC, could this include a new mutual interest or business relationship with a partner (you)?

Astrology also might reference the critical timing and role of the ATT retirement package.  Are Scorpio-Taurus on his 2nd-8th Houses?  If so, his N Venus in Cancer at AP rules his financial 8th House - very security-oriented, I assume?  So, in high focus with this Uranus transit, action related to money and benefits seems to fit.     

Agreed - my dear husband has survived my Astrology idiosyncrasy by ignoring it.  Works for me.  :)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:34 AM »
pdw:  yep, Aquarius on the 5th, and yes his main hobbies have been his classical-flamenco guitar playing and his fun with photography and what he can do with it on his computer and he is looking forward to that.  Already had a camera out last night trying to shoot Mars.   And yes to the Scorpio-Taurus, we've been at the Fidelity office a few times lately.  You're good.

You're right, it's usually Pluto that is bloody.  But I've twice in my life felt "cut" by Uranus.  Actually, it was literal when it hit my ASC and I recieved an exceptionally long epesiotomy (which as you might know is right smack between the two legs) in order to give birth to my "weirdest" kid.  He had a big head so it was a big cut.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »
Hi Patti:

I appreciate the remark.  I suppose if we felt strapped for cash the phone co. itself could ask him for help.  I think they would have called him the next day if the rule wasn't to wait 60 days.  Half the time he was the only one who could fix something.

But mostly, with his major stellium in Leo, he just wants to be appreciated.   I appreciate him, his kids and grandkids do, but he likes a fan club.  He has a few short slide show/movies on Vimeo; you can enter his name at the top if you want to see them - Guadalupe Ybarra.  This is not an ad, it's not for profit, just for ego (tsk).

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Patti

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »
Barbara, please tell him that his videos -- especially the outdoor ones - are just stunning!  I like the visual effects and production work, and the choice of music, too.  Hope he keeps posting more!

All the best,
Patti

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
Oh wow, Barbara, loved Guadalupe's videos!  I liked Seattle; It felt like morning all day in particular.  In film noir and edited so well, it felt like a mini-documentary (so Aquarius 5th House!).  Please share my fan club raves with the Leo.   :)  I have a feeling that the eye, mind, and heart that produced these will not be lacking for something to do in retirement. 

PS Hadn't thought of THAT kind of cut in a long while - Ouch.         

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
A quick thankyou to Patti and pdw…I passed along the kudos to my Leo guy…big smile from him!

Barbara Ybarra

Offline waterbird

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
Barbara,

Your post stirred my thoughts. My oldest son applied for a job with ATT in Singapore at the time. He was 'on the short list' each time he called the Agency, and he just continued to stay on the short list...........for ages and he would call the Agency just for the fun of it!

We have a had a few laughs about this over time!

water bird

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
Hi Barbara

I found your comments interesting since my son has 4 degrees Libra rising, and is feeling the Uranus transit as well.  With his Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in 4 and 5 degrees Sagittarius, there is a positive spin to the transit, with Transiting Uranus trining that position.  It will interesting to watch how the transit plays out.  He is quite the astrologer himself and is naturally aware of all the transits.

His birth info is 09/15/83  7:50 AM Albuquerque, NM.  It is absolutely accurate as I was there when he was born, and the time I observed on the clock was the same as the one printed on his birht certificate.  You'll note that Transiting Uranus is also moving to square his Natal Moon in Capricorn. 

As I am exploring Chiron, I note the Uranus transit is going to square that position.  Quite a number of years ago, when Transiting Uranus squared my Natal Chiron, I became fairly ill, at a time when I should have been in exellent health.  However, the conditions that I was suffering from were do to a bad reaction to refined sugar, which I was unaware of at the time.  This time, with the square from Aries from Transiting Uranus, I am more in tune with such things that affect my health.  So, I expect a better time of it. 

Well thanks for the interesting comments about that transit on your husband's chart.  Always pleasant to hear and read different perspectives on these major transits.

Ken