Author Topic: Prince Philip in Car Crash  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Prince Philip in Car Crash
« on: January 18, 2019, 06:16:52 AM »
Yesterday, January 17, at approximately 2:45 P.M. local time, Prince Philip was in a car crash that it's said could have had very serious results.  Amazingly he was not really hurt, and the occupants of the other car were not very badly hurt.  The other car, a Kia, had a nine-month-old baby in the back seat, who was unharmed.  In the front seat were his 28-year-old mother and a 45-year-old woman; the latter received a broken wrist.  Prince Philip was driving an armoured Land Rover, which is probably why he was not more badly hurt than he was; after someone extricated him from the car, he was able to walk over to the occupants of the other car to ask if everyone was alright.

It's not known yet who was at fault, if anyone.  Prince Philip said that he couldn't see because of the sun in his eyes.  Both drivers were breathalyzed and found not to have been drinking at all.  The Kia had the right of way; if Philip is found to have been at fault he could lose his license.  He's at an awfully advanced age to still be driving.  And there was no security detail with him in the car, as there should have been.

This incident could provide a good test of which of the two postulated charts for him is correct.  The transits to the Capricorn rising chart might at first seem to be the better fit, but actually I don't know if he would have survived the crash if that were the case; those transits are pretty tough.  I'm provisionally still going with the Leo rising chart.

Interestingly, he had another car crash at almost the same spot about thirty years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6604071/Duke-Edinburgh-involved-road-crash.html

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Philip,_Prince_Consort

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:47:17 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Prince Philip in Car Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
Prince Philip took receipt of a brand new Land Rover yesterday, and has been seen driving it, alone (no security detail with him) and not wearing a seat belt.  The man is courting fate.

Offline rollanrm

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:15:29 AM »
Years ago I read some book on the astrology of the royals which gave Sag rising as the ascendant. If the birth time is disputed and it's said that Cap rises, I think we could well speculate it's likely the previous sign, Sag rising is correct. Cap rising would be much more controlled and staid and not given to the often in-your- face humour, the whole Sag "open your mouth and put a hoof in it" that is very distinctive of Phillip and has caused all sorts of offence and misunderstanding over the years.  Also I find this accident itself very Sag. I have known cases like this where "lucky" Sag marked person just walks out of a crash. Even his response, to go straight on and drive a new vehicle alone and without seat belt is very lucky devil-may-care Sag marked behaviour.

I do wonder if this situation won't reverberate, more offence having been caused by the delay from Phillip to offer any apology (he has, after a week and doubtless much pressure finally given one). I had been speculating on possible eclipse effects this year on persons and places and one does see that the Red Moon Super moon eclipse at 0 Leo hits square the Queen's sun and conjunct Charles' moon, though one wonders if that could be more serious than the weight of a Phillip problem and instead indicate some change of status in coming months.

I think you would obtain more response and perspectives if you put this in the famous persons section, not this more political one

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:14:25 AM »
Thanks for your interest, Rollan.  I've never come across the suggestion that Philip has Sagittarius rising before.  I can understand your feeling that it could fit him, but as the only posited Ascendants for him with some kind of written evidence for them that I've ever seen are Leo and Capricorn, I'm going to continue to go with Leo.  To me, the fact that his mother and two of his sons indubitably do have Leo rising, makes it probable that, between Leo and Capricorn, he does, too - this on top of the fact, of course, that it was his father who gave the time that produced Leo rising (see the AstroDatabank source notes for details).

Thank you for your suggestion to move this topic to the Famous People section; I will do so.

Pam
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:01:39 AM by Pamela Young »

Offline Halina

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »
Hi Pam, In the FAMOUS section I have posted Isaac's rectified chart for Philiip where he used 37 events thus giving most likely a correct rectification.    His time has LEO rising.    The second chart is Philip's accident which verifies Isaac's rectificationn due to the MANY HITS that verify Isaac's birth time for Philip.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 06:39:40 AM »
Thanks, Halina; appreciate it.   :)