Author Topic: Solar Parts(and Lunar Parts) Chart of Carl Payne Tobey  (Read 3224 times)

Eddie

Solar Parts(and Lunar Parts) Chart of Carl Payne Tobey
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »
Lately I've been exploring the transits of significant events to my natal solar parts chart.  Tobey claimed that this was an ancient kind of chart which was way more accurate; he called it the shadow chart to distinguish it from others. 

Unless you use Kepler or Halloran, you will not be able to calculate it(maybe Gold Solar Fire does it now).  You would have to do it by hand.

I've looked at transits before to the natal chart and things don't jump out.  But when I look at a Solar Parts natal chart, compared to transits for important days in my life,  the whole thing just jumps at me.

Still researching it....

Eddie

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
Re: Solar Parts(and Lunar Parts) Chart of Carl Payne Tobey
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
Lately I've been exploring the transits of significant events to my natal solar parts chart.  Tobey claimed that this was an ancient kind of chart which was way more accurate; he called it the shadow chart to distinguish it from others. 

Unless you use Kepler or Halloran, you will not be able to calculate it(maybe Gold Solar Fire does it now).  You would have to do it by hand.

I've looked at transits before to the natal chart and things don't jump out.  But when I look at a Solar Parts natal chart, compared to transits for important days in my life,  the whole thing just jumps at me.

Still researching it....

Eddie

As far as I understand these are the same as Solar and a Lunar Equilibrium charts.  These are calculated by putting the Sun or the Moon on the Ascendant sign and degree and adjusting all the other planets accordingly. From this you can see all the Arabic Parts with minus Sun or  minus Moon in the equation.  e.g. Ascendant + Venus - Sun is the Venus position in the Solar Equilibrium chart - or Solar Parts chart; Ascendant + Moon - Sun is the Lunar Point in the Solar Equilibrium chart (Part of Fortune); Ascendant + Sun - Moon is the Solar Point in the Lunar Equilibrium chart (Part of Spirit) ... and so on.

You can do the same for all the other planets as well, so Ascendant + Sun - Mercury is the solar position in the Mercury Equilibrium chart - or Mercury Parts chart.

I think all Arabic Parts were derived from Equilibrium charts but the method was lost in antiquity and has been rediscovered in our era.

Solar Fire also easily calculates these charts using the Multiwheel Superimposition facility.

I love these charts!  I can see all the Arabic Parts at a glance and through watching transits to them can easily see how they work for me personally rather than having to endure the rather violent or depressing names and interpretations given in most Arabic Parts sites.

Alice McDermott