Author Topic: Noel in San Francisco  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Noel in San Francisco
« on: June 04, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »
Greetings astrologers et all:

Only Noel could keep me indoors for that long of a duration in San Francisco while the Sun is shining and the city is calling, and only Noel can command a crowd for that long of a time for two straight days.  I wish even more people could have been there to hear him.  If you read Noel's books, and you read them again, and then you study them hard and look for the truth in his words, you still will miss the big "Aha!" that happens to you when you are sitting right in front of him while he is teaching.  Nothing like it.  If you have not been to one of his lectures, make a plan to go to one, and you will understand what I'm talking about.

After I got home, I spent a half hour talking on the phone with a friend about the importance of seeing the horoscope clearly, and not diminishing the big statements there by wandering down paths that can be so distracting and ultimately meaningless in a consultation.  Noel mentioned that there are many people in the world who are only living 10% of their horoscope!  This is obviously the case for people who are underprivileged in life and have little or no opportunity to develop themselves, but it happens with other people too who end up in careers they hate or in relationships that don't work.

Noel spent a whole day on vocational profiling.  I made a new commitment to push myself until I get that process  neatly into my toolbox.  It is so important.  Think of what it can do for the young people coming out of high school.  I know so many in college who have no idea what to choose as their major.  

My husband and I had dinner with friends after that lecture on Sunday, and we shared a little with our friends about our weekend (they know nothing about astrology).  They said they wondered if their 38 yr old son was in the right profession, so I asked for his birth data.  He is a professional photographer who does fashion photo shoots all over the world, but there is much competition in that field and he doesn't seem that happy always.  So, POW, I applied my freshly gained enthusiasm for the MHEP, and saw right away, with his Moon in the 2nd house, he needed to be on display more, and not just stuck behind his camera all the time.  I also saw with his Mercury in the 11th which rules his MC, he needed to be making social commentary and not just taking pictures of beautiful women.  He needed to be creating dramatic "pictures" of people in social situations, like documentaries, and acquiring a name for himself in the process (Venus in Leo at the MC and square to his ASC-DSC).   I wish I could have Noel's inspiration every day in person, but sometimes you just have to pick up the ball and run with it....with confidence.

I could say so much more here, but brevity is preferred on these forums.  

Barbara Ybarra  
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:41:51 AM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Noel in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »
Barbara,

Thanks for the nice report on Noel's lecture.  I know that I am not likely to ever see Noel in person again. I have another use for the MHEP:  validation.  At one time, I had to decide from among three different birth times for Hubert Humphrey.  All three times were given by his father.  But only one of those times fit for a politician.  Also, I was able to reconcile my use of Placidus cusps with my career.  Koch houses, equal houses and whole-sign houses do not fit what I did for most of my life.  

So, if you have to choose between multiple birth times, the MHEP is a great way to do it.

Don B.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:27:20 PM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
Hi Don.  Thanks for sharing that.  That's true, especially for someone who was born with the MC on a cusp.  It might make a huge difference in the profile. 

I hope some of the other students of Noel's who attended the seminar take the time to write something here.  I know that they also got much out of the weekend, and it was great to meet them.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline pdw

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:16:28 AM »
Enjoyed your report, Barbara, thanks.  So true about Noel's keen teaching in person; I remember wanting my Astrology to be more disciplined, skilled, and useful after seeing him.  Maybe inspiring us to want more for ourselves is the gift of a great teacher in any field.   

So considering the transiting Gemini communication surge in your 7th (referenced in the Triple Conjunction thread), your weekend seems to nicely reflect the symbolism in this combo - a trip with a partner; a higher learning emphasis; and mindful enthusiasm in general.  Yes?   

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »
Excellent, pdw, yes I'm sure my weekend reflects the Gemini conjunction in my 7th, especially meeting other astrologers in the course.  There are other more powerful measurements as well in my chart (there always is when I am at a Tyl conference).

Barbara Y.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »
Yes - a lecture with Noel is absolutely the BEST! .... and the next best is to have him in your living room through the MasterWork DVD series. :)

http://tylmasterwork.com/

I know, I know.... shameless promotion on my part. I'm very proud of the fact that I helped to birth the DVD's -- and for those who aren't able to see him in person, at least they get his energy and "vibe" through the DVD's.

Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Vivienne

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 05:17:41 AM »
Never having had the privilege of seeing Noel teach in person I bought the DVDs and was absolutely blown away by them.  I have most of his books but the DVDs are really the icing on the cake.  His charisma and communication style are mesmerising - he makes everything sound so simple and easy to understand.  Congratulations Kathy on producing such a wonderful teaching tool and my heartfelt thanks to Noel for his amazing contribution to the world of astrology. 

I just wish Noel would come over to the UK sometime soon so I could get a chance to see him...

Offline dixieturner

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 09:51:44 AM »
Hi Barbara

It is so true that there is nothing like seeing Noel in person. His passion for astrology is contagious. I hardly ever travel to San Francisco anymore but could not pass up seeing Noel in action once again. Each time I see him, I take away a new gold carrot to assimilate.

I only attended the Saturday lecture on solar arcs and Medical Astrolgy but it sparked me to go home and review many charts I have and thinking about how to incorporated the Medical astrology with solar arcs to see when it is more likely when the disease will manifest. I put my granddaughters chart out for medical astrology and soon will talk about my sisters and hyper parathroidism.

It was great seeing you at the conference Barbara and hope we can meet again soon. Dixie

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
I very sorry I missed this. 

Offline URANIMO

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
Hello Barbara and all

I travelled with a friend  from New Zealand to San Francisco to attend Noel's workshops at the beginning of June - I own many of his books and the DVD sets and I have been learning from these daily over the past 18 months - attending classes has been the icing on the cake for me.  Very difficult to pick a highlight (singular) as I lapped up every letter - particularly helpful for me was on deciding where to concentrate the first step in the MEHP (I am guilty of trying to use too much information).   My friend - who isn't familiar with Noel's teaching - was also very impressed and inspired by the knowledge gained from attending.  

Quite apart from the acutal experience of being in class with Noel learning - it was wonderful to meet some of you and put a face or two to the names (-: - next time I will allow more time to get orientated to time zone and customs - and maybe take speech lessons too so that I am better equipped to join in and be understood. Returning to NZ after 3 weeks in America we were able to symathise - kiwis use a lot of slang and tend not to move their mouths when they talk and do it all very fast to boot - Americans speak very slowly and clearly by comparison!

I had forgotten how much I love America!  All the people we met with over the 3 week stay were helpful, kind and so polite.

Thank you - and to those whom I met please do keep in touch.
Amanda
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:59:47 PM by URANIMO »