Author Topic: Neptune Eye Flutter and Saturn Ring Finger  (Read 12387 times)

Offline James Williams

Neptune Eye Flutter and Saturn Ring Finger
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:55:03 AM »
Here's another interesting article by Noel on these 2 observations...

http://www.noeltyl.com/notebook/990715.html

Helpful Observations

Glimpses into Analysis

The "Neptune eye-flutter": when a person flutters the eyelids rapidly (for sometimes 3" seconds!), with the eyes just about closed, note that it occurs when a statement of opinion is called for, when the first person singular is used. This suggests a tenacious, pervasive Neptune function in the horoscope.

A man has Neptune conjunct Venus-retrograde in the 8th House, Venus ruling the mind-set 3rd: "Please let me share with you that I notice you flutter your eyelids like this ยท every time you state an opinion. Yes, really. I'll call your attention to it a few times, if I may. But what do you think of when you do this?" --You are looking for a sub-text, a second agenda, perhaps a process of censorship for defense.

Just think what other people -employers, personnel managers, loan officers, etc.- think when this man does this. The flutter manifests easily as preoccupation, not speaking directly, censorship. What is the filter protecting? How can this be adjusted to take advantage of the strengths of the horoscope, to communicate them directly?

"The Saturn Ring finger": When someone wears a ring on the Saturn ring finger (the third finger of either hand)on one hand or the other or BOTH, and the ring is not just a cosmetic accent, occasionally worn, etc., a statement is being made that focuses on the condition of Saturn in the birth chart. The "planets are within", and here, through the ring, is a tip off that the Saturn principle in the horoscope must be heard.

Idealism is suggested by the conjunction of Sun, Mercury, and/or Venus, often augmented by relationships as well with Jupiter and/or Neptune, and Neptune oriental (rising last before the Sun does). Idealism must be discussed in the horoscope analysis because of its use as a defense mechanism. Significator dynamics focus the anchor of idealism among the Houses. [Further study: Tyl, Synthesis & Counseling in Astrology, pages 105-112]
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

Re: Neptune Eye Flutter and Saturn Ring Finger
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:42:09 PM »
And here's a link to a previous thread on the Neptune Eye Flutter...I just love Groucho Marx in this clip... ;D

http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=4431.0
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Stacy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:13 PM »
Thank you for reposting the Neptune/eye-flutter essay; I had forgotten about the Saturn ring finger. Glad for the refresher post.

I have that classic idealistic configuration, with Sun cj Venus cj Jupiter cj Mercury - though in square to Neptune in H. 12. That square works strongly by projection as well; I tend to attract con men/women types, the mentally ill, as well as creative people. Fortunately, I have enough Earth in my chart to provide realism, practicality and structure.

Stacy

"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
Saturn ring finger .... Tee hee.  What rules cussing?

The manager of an office where I used to work was a Pisces and she did the eye flutter thing.  She also walked like a prancing horse and helped the partners abscond with huge bonuses when the practice went belly up.

Offline DGordon

• Cosmic Cardinal Cross Astrologer
    • Xstarian Center for Astrology
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »
Paul Ryan has Neptune conjunct Ascendant.
I will pay close attention to see if he has eye flutter.

,Daniel
Consciousness between the brows. Breathe oh-ee-ah.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
I cracked myself up today when trying to avoid someone I didn't want to speak to that was approaching me. In the parking lot, using my walker, I was stuck, so I quickly pulled out my cell phone and pretended to take an urgent call that could not be interrupted. I lost count of how many times my eyes fluttered as I was trying to gesture to the person I was going to be on the phone for awhile!   My body language was so obvious, but I had avoided him since moving here and wasn't going to be trapped into a conversation I didn't want, especially now.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline waterbird

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
Stacy.

I have an acquaintance who does 'the eye flutter thing' at times. I've often felt she may be 'fabricating' a tale or explanation att so maybe  I could be right about this?

water bird

Offline Robynne

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update this thread a wee bit, as it provoked quite a lot of thought a few years back.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/eye-twitching/basics/causes/sym-20050838

What I have noticed, since I started being more aware of this is that people who are timid can flutter their eyes quite a bit when speaking or asserting themselves. It seems that it is more of a nervous response, like stuttering. Also have to add that I have noticed it a lot with people with severe autism or mental disabilities or disorders, so it can definitely be neurological or possibly a sign of seizure activity.

Five to six years ago when having had quite an extreme Multiple Sclerosis attack, one of the ongoing symptoms was that my eye would twitch furiously, like a spasm or seizure and the next symptom to follow was severe double vision, and then often a tunnel like blackness, wavy lines and then very zig zaggy sharp fluorescent colours along with a sea sickness type nausea. I now understand its named Optic Neuritis, but didn't know that at the time. It can still happen when I am tired, but am more aware of how to manage that now, and stop it in its tracks.

So thinking here, that peoples eyes could flutter because they are being evasive, but its also possible that there is an underlying neurological response as the cause. So in that case, it could be quite a useful tool, if understood, to encourage the person to get help or to get checked out by their doctor or neurologist in some cases, if it seems extreme.

ps; With a 10th house Neptune ruling my Sun and Moon, and aspecting most of my planets, am fairly sure that makes me fairly strongly Neptunian.  ;)

Thanks.

Robynne

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:42:02 PM by Robynne »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:48:01 AM »
Thanks Robynne...

The whole Neptunian Eye thing escapes me...  ;)

But you know? Its a real thing... good advice.

Sometimes the symbol is the thing symbolized.

Tim
HVA

Offline Stacy

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 06:38:35 AM »
Thanks Robynne...

The whole Neptunian Eye thing escapes me...  ;)

Tim
HVA

That surprises me, Tim. As a Pisces, you "should" resonate to this concept, but your direct, no-nonsense Aries Moon might be baffled by the concept. IMO.

Stacy