Author Topic: Fired!  (Read 12622 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Re: Fired!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2018, 06:42:05 AM »
the 8th House here is key...actually, she has already begun to utilize it since Ketu rules films, and the 8th House signifies editing, so with the ruler of the 10th (Moon) in the 8th--and tightly conjunct Ketu--we can easily see that strong emotional connection to film editing.

Thanks, James.  I didn't know that Ketu rules films, or that the 8th house signifies editing; this is very helpful.

Yes, in my notes I see that someone on the Saptarishis Astrology website equated Ketu with films, and made the comment that it is very similar to Neptune in that regard.  And I believe Noel defined the 8th House as reorganizing, rearranging, improving things, etc.  This would nicely parallel one of the 8th House significations in one's Jyotisha charts as well...

Thanks for the additional info, James; appreciate it.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »
Hi Pamela. I'm sorry to hear about what your niece went through.

If you look at her challenging Mars-Saturn-Pluto T-square with Mars (in 10) ruling the 6th of work and colleagues this may be a clue as to what happened here.

Hopefully, your niece has a friend there from whom she can get the scoop. If the job gets filled by someone else you'll know immediately it wasn't a "budget cut" but rather that office politics was at play. Careers in the arts are so difficult to come by that maybe someone in authority orchestrated the firing to bring a "favorite" on board. That would be very slimy but not beyond Saturn-Pluto to pull off.

Employees who do great work and have to be let go for budgetary reasons are usually told so. Something smells fishy here.

Mars-Saturn-Pluto is very cut-throat and Machiavellian and the connections with job and career are interesting!

Her chart suggests that this may be a theme that she runs into again in future.

As a young person she might become very frightened of the workplace and distrusting of her place in it. With maturity, at the Saturn return, that can be overcome and opportunities for great success can be achieved.

Regards,
Dean B.

Well, Dean, looks like you were right, unfortunately for my niece.  As I said in a previous post, it turns out that my niece had felt from the beginning that her immediate superior didn't like her, and relations with her were uncomfortable from the beginning - until just a few days before my niece was let go, at which point relations with her superior suddenly greatly improved, such that my niece was feeling great about everything.  Then, 'out of the clear blue sky,' BOOM. 

As I said in my other post, I'll bet the reason her superior's attitude towards her suddenly changed for the better was because she knew that my niece was going to be let go, and I'll bet she had had a major hand in arranging it.  Her immediate superior was not all that much older than my niece, and I'll bet she felt threatened by her.  What do you want to bet?!  Anyway, such is life.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2018, 08:45:34 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me during my midlife crisis, but better things were soon on the way.  Hopefully for your niece as well...

One other thing I'll briefly mention...transiting Saturn was in the 8th from her natal Moon in her Jyotisha birth chart, while in my situation transiting Saturn was very closely conjunct natal Moon.  The Unknown Astrologer recently spoke about this to Sunil of Saptarishis Astrology...

For those who are interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR5UAJx4J84

"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:50 AM »
...and thanks to Dean here for providing a very strong clue...if Dur Yoga exists (see above), as well as the ruler of the 6th being under natal developmental tension in their Western chart, then any further corroboration or confluence could very well produce a similar type situation...
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me during my midlife crisis, but better things were soon on the way.  Hopefully for your niece as well...

One other thing I'll briefly mention...transiting Saturn was in the 8th from her natal Moon in her Jyotisha birth chart, while in my situation transiting Saturn was very closely conjunct natal Moon.  The Unknown Astrologer recently spoke about this to Sunil of Saptarishis Astrology...

For those who are interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR5UAJx4J84

Thanks, James.  From your mouth to God's ear, as they say ...

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
Hi Pamela...thanks for sharing this and I'm glad I could help.

It's very tough, I know; for I, too, have a T-square involving Saturn and Pluto...nasty and brutal.

Regards,
Dean B.

You can say that again, Dean; very sorry that you have to deal with it.

Best regards,
Pam

Offline Antonio

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2018, 12:53:48 AM »
It's very tough, I know; for I, too, have a T-square involving Saturn and Pluto...nasty and brutal.

Indeed!!! Also born with a challenging Mars-Saturn-Pluto fixed T-square, he was nasty & brutal, has edited many cool moves and killed all the competition!  ;D

He has studied dramatic arts, philosophy, psychology, and various other subjects at the Univ. of Washington. He was introduced to the film industry at a very young age (and appeared in several films as a child) by his father, who was one of the leading Cantonese opera and film actors at the time. Because of his mother's superstitious nature, she had originally named him Sai-fon, which is a feminine name meaning "small phoenix".  Actor, film director, martial artist, philosopher, we all know him by his other name: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lee,_Bruce

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »
Thanks, Antonio.  It’s good to know that that configuration (Mars, Saturn and Pluto) can work out well. 

I happened to see a documentary on Bruce Lee just a couple of weeks ago; what an amazing person he was.  Such a loss.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2018, 07:53:21 AM »
Interesting article on the impact of the current transit of Pluto; certainly applies to my niece, with her Neptune and Uranus positions.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_cnapluto_e.htm