Author Topic: Answering Stacy's Question about Embedding Graphics  (Read 4046 times)

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Answering Stacy's Question about Embedding Graphics
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »
Hello Stacy,

Thank you for the nice comments.

To embed the graphic, just click on the Insert Image icon...

...this PRESUPPOSES that you have the image stored somewhere that has a URL... (ie. space on a personal website, or one of the file or photo storage services on the web.)  It works as long as a URL will get you there...

When you click on the button, the software inserts two Img tags.  Between them, type the web address of the image.  If you attach the file, it seems it is on Noel's server...if you embed it, it pulls it from YOURs.  BUT, there is one important advantage.  If you embed the graphic, then changing the file on your server, AUTOMATICALLY changes the image in your post!  (Earlier, I somehow got the wrong path chart in Janus...it happens...but, all I did was regenerate the correct path and then drag and drop it in my FTP software (free, Filezilla), which immediately updates the file on the server and the graphic is fixed in the message.   ie. anytime the message is accessed, all will see the new image)

Have fun!

OD'd 
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Stacy

Re: Answering Stacy's Question about Embedding Graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:57:43 PM »
Thank you ODd -  my Aquarius/Uranus influence delights in these types of discoveries, too :).

And, a heartfelt thank you for the offline assistance with some of the other issues.

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Re: Answering Stacy's Question about Embedding Graphics
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »
Hello Stacy,

It seemed really cool to me.

Adding charts or graphics or otherwise making the Forum experience more personal is easier with the embedded graphics.

Re: Offline Assistance

You are very welcome!  Glad to be of help.

;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:39:51 PM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain