Author Topic: Vocational Help...  (Read 447 times)

Offline James Williams

Re: Vocational Help...
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 01:09:15 AM »
Thank you Robynne...yes, he is close to his father...

Alright all, time and destiny will tell...as it does with all of us...

Thank you all again...

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
..she's uncertain as to what his career path

MC ruler Pluto.Jupiter11-12.Moon9,7
Pluto-SaturnAsc-Mercury5,6,8
UranusAsc-Mars3
Venus!9 Sun!7

The vocational routing is decidedly vague and I love the reference to uncertainty. In her paper On-the-Job Search and Optimal Schooling under Uncertainty and Irreversibility, Anna Zaharieva describes how she’s modeled certain variables that help explain the decision to go to work over going to school. In economic expansions, for example, students are more apt to drop out of school and forego the pain of delaying income (productivity): in other words their “reservation productivity” is low and “optimum schooling” is not highly valued. Currently, YouTube and social media sensations like Gary Vaynerchuk (net worth estimated at $10M) actually reinforce this model, and perhaps even exploit what is a normal trend to their own ends (Trump has done something similar on the topic of education), with highly charged opinions against going into debt for a diploma that has less value than advertised (“worthless”).

Research backs up Noel’s assertion that education matters, BUT the naysayers make a point. Higher education isn’t for everyone and certainly not for people without aptitude or readiness. In these cases I think it is in fact wrong to position college as the end all solution to a student’s dreams. I see in this example a very important topic as it relates to vocational profiling and its limits.

In the case of U.C. P. (the young man with an Uncertain Career Path) I have a very hard time “landing” anywhere BUT do finally see the Moon as significant in the 9th house ruling the 7th house cusp. Venus ruling the 9th house is peregrine and so too is the Sun peregrine, ruling the 7th and angular with Venus.

This is public projection of opinion of a deeply elevated nature most likely through technology and video (Mars exactly sextile Uranus, Neptune square Moon). But this only describes U.C.P.’s potential for fulfillment. And I would suggest strongly that this would be an appropriate outlet. Unfortunately, many people fail to gain traction and I have observed that when the routing is vague in the horoscope that the person often exhibits vagaries within their career development. Neptune square Moon would have to be cultivated into a positive of creativity and vision over addiction and substance abuse for example. And the Mars-Pluto opposed Saturn positions reek of explosive self-inflicted seething and opinion, echoed in the mother’s lament about the boy’s anger.

Jordan Peterson discusses assertiveness in the male archetype as being the driver of ambition and accomplishment, and agreeableness as the personality trait found in people who are compassionate and polite. People who are more agreeable get paid less for the same job studies show. What U.C.P. does would be interesting to learn because of that peregrine Venus and the leaning of the hemisphere orientation to the West. Does he sabotage himself and not pursue a higher degree? Is he angry at his mother for good reason? Can he channel that rage productively and advance in the world of social media to make his way around the world as a media magician? (Mars=Neptune/Moon)

I was really drawn to this case because I think it is so representative of so many kids nearing graduation in a transforming world. Boys in particular are under performing and under achieving academically and so part of me wonders if the blow back on the value of education doesn't also have sexist bias. For sure the old tools and tricks of the trade may not work moving forward where a liberal arts degree use to be able to buy an interview at a Fortune 500 company and you could learn on the job. More and more the market is demanding some sort of focus or concentration. The exception is on the job training in what we consider to be trade jobs. And this could be the ticket for U.C.P., where he learns the auto mechanic trade and travels. Or perhaps he become an airline mechanic instead so that the entire “channel” opens to him from the 3rd house on through to the 9th house. Honestly, more than a nurse it seems to me that the technology comes through... although maybe as a MRI tech, or back to the level of the trades as a mechanic and service tech or even a plumber or some such thing. I think the channel is 3rd-9th and so the possibilities within the range of those houses seem to suggest travel, communication, publishing, etc. I think he'll have much to say about all this and will need a platform to say it. The compassionate and sensitive potential, giving himself away in acquiescence to his mother's projection could undo him. 

Whatever path he chooses for the future ahead I hope it is promising for him as SA Jupiter=Venus and Asc=Neptune. He may find acceptance for a particular gift he has and may discover a way to share it all with the world. Hopefully, it pisses off his mother. I think that would be sure sign he's found himself  ;)

All the best,

HVA
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:47:20 AM by Hudson Valley Astrologer »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 01:43:57 AM »
Thank you Tim...again!  :)

Will add just a couple of things from a Jyotisha perspective...

In January of 2020, transiting Saturn enters Capricorn in the sidereal zodiac, and thus it will then be in the 4th House from his natal Moon.  This is known as Shani (Saturn) Dhaiya (2 1/2 year period), which is also referred to as Small Panoti (small troubles).

This young man will graduate from high school in May of 2020, so we can anticipate some educational and career confusion and difficulties for his first 2 1/2 years following graduation.

As he will not be college bound, he will likely have to settle for some minimum wage job until he decides what it is he wants to do.

From age 25 to age 44, he will be in his Saturn Maha Dasha, thus, Saturn's placement and significations will be key for him during this time.

This will likely involve the significations of his 9th, 7th, and 12th Houses...perhaps a business of some kind which involves travel and caregiving...or tech/trade work...

Thank you all again for your input here...

:)
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 03:46:55 AM »
That's interesting James...

Pluto was conjunct the Ascendant in the middle of December 2017. Whatever the issue was, perhaps some life altering shift that affected his relationship with his father (and hence his anger toward his mother) or father figure, and those embers will be hot for a long while. I know my life was turned inside out when Pluto came for a visit on my "front step." And as so maybe the BIG TROUBLES are behind him and as you mentioned "the little troubles" are like after shocks. Saturn came to visit this degree just last month around the 6th of March. These transit are tough medicine and perhaps not really conducive transits for college prep.

Thanks for the "Shani" "Dhaiya" and "Small Panoti" markers... I wouldn't be exposed to this stuff if it weren't for you... although I do appreciate your "Western Chops" even more...

In January 2020 Neptune is quindecile the Sun, opposed Mercury and square Saturn... whatever brief hiatus or "vacation" that awesome arc Jupiter=Venus suggests may go by fleetingly, unmanifest perhaps by his troubles BIG and small.

All the best,

Tim

Offline James Williams

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 06:22:29 AM »
Thanks Tim, but I'm just merely passing on what I've learned from others...

Speaking of which, thanks for mentioning plumber in your previous post, as that brought to mind that the mother knows a plumber here in town who might be open to having her son "shadow" him on the job for a period of time...so I'll present that suggestion to the mother...we'll see if his Scorpio Moon resonates with that opportunity...

;D