Author Topic: Deadly Transits  (Read 5391 times)

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

Re: Deadly Transits
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2022, 09:28:46 PM »
Re: "I note, OD'd, that you just did another one of your analysis, using Solar Return, for your father getting a gal pregnant, and fleeing the scene.  (Did you ever meet your half sibling?)"

What happened was, my two Sisters got very much into genealogy and talked Dad into submitting a DNA sample to see if there were any matches in the database.  Low and behold, there was one from Tony Warick in Texas.  My Dad had already known that he had gotten a girl pregnant, but he took off out of there and never looked back.  I suddenly got an email that we have a Brother that we've never met, from my Sister, Jamie.  I looked at the picture and it looked so much like my Dad that I didn't even need to see any results or other documentation.  He had always wondered who his Father was (that abandoned him) and had of course submitted his DNA to see if there were any matches.  So, at 50 years old, I got a "new" Brother. 

I haven't met him in person, though we've talked and are friends on Facebook.  (Tony has Neptune conjunct Sun, which is the perfect symbolization for not knowing truly who one's Dad is as well as having to form some idealized image of "Fathering," due to the real circumstance not being available.)   ie. he was meant to have this no-Father fathering experience

In my Solar Return (to Moon position) for finding out I have an older Brother, the Node is angular at the Dsc, and the Sun is angular at the IC.  Partile is Uranus (unexpected/exciting) square Mercury (brother/news)! and Mars conjunct Jupiter on the 3rd cusp/powerpoint. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 09:35:10 PM by ODdOnLifeItself »
http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2022, 08:11:44 AM »
Hi OD'd

You said, "Tony has Neptune conjunct Sun, which is the perfect symbolization for not knowing truly who one's Dad is...."

My Mom's first husband left her when she was pregnant with me, and after making some investigations, before the influx o the internet, I figured out that my Mom apparently got pregnant from an affair, and that is why her husband went on his own liaisons, which led to the divorce, and my Mom marrying my step Dad, who adopted my brother and I.  I had thought that my Mom's first husband was my father, but since he never bothered about my brother or I, there was no more information about him.  He was dead, at a fairly early age when I was looking for him. 

I mention this as I have Neptune conjunct the Sun, and really, I still don't know who my "real" father was, aka, my biological father.  I never did the DNA match, although I did an ancestry program.  Perhaps if I get out of this extremely dangerous time I will try that. 

Still waiting for "something to work with."  Things look pretty grim right now, and although I have been in some very similar circumstances, the US continues to deteriorate, and to become more dangerous in general.  Based on what I am seeing, things could get pretty volatile after this next midterm election.  Hopefully my son and I will be in a a safer place when that happens, but there may not be many safe havens left.  We will see.

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
Hi PDW

You said, "I guess you’ve already reviewed your life during the T Pluto-Mercury conjunction time period (1983) for any connections to the current T Pluto-Mercury square."

That was a period of great stress in many ways, and a time when I should have chucked that religious group.  Not as stressful as my current trial, as Pluto was sextile my Mars-Ascendant at the same time.  I have often looked back on that time with great regret that I "submitted" to the phony leadership of that religious group, who were being quite abusive at the time. 

Getting back to the last time Transiting Saturn hit my North Lunar Node, it first did it in late May of 1992.  That was the beginning of my re-evaluating what I was involved in, and it culminated when Saturn transited that same position in late January and early February of 1993.  This time around, Saturn is going to station within 9 minutes of my North Lunar Node on October 23, 2022. 

There is an interesting mix of transits on my chart, and with Saturn, I have somewhat of a contradiction.  Saturn will be trining itself and my Natal Sun on my chart when it stations, within less than a degree, but at the same time will be squaring my Natal Jupiter.  The trine from Saturn to my Natal Sun-Saturn denotes a time when things tend to run smoothly and the square from Saturn to Jupiter denotes a tendency for things to blow up, in a manner of speaking.  It seems like, based on the last time Saturn was in this position, that the conjunction of Saturn to my North Lunar Node was the "tie breaker," making it a more favorable time.  However, that time was cut short by Uranus and Neptune both transiting late Capricorn, which had a brutal effect on me, and wiped out any semblance I had of a career. 

My son notes that we could enter the good effects of the transits after we are dead.  That is, before those beneficial transits kick in, what we are going through now may kill us.  I am determined to survive, as is he, but the tidal wave is the tidal wave. I hope I make it to early October to see if James is correct about better times coming.  I have rarely felt so much in the hands of the fates as I do now, and I prefer to be steering the ship. 

I appreciate all the input and theories.  This is what advances astrology.  I wish I could be putting up my birth data and having astrologers figure out how I got so prosperous these past several years, but alas, instead I am analyzing what's causing me to come to the brink of destruction.  In any event, thanks again for your insights.

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 05:27:18 AM »
Hi Robynne

You said, in regards to my progressed ascendant:

"Yours has now progressed to Pisces 29 30, it's as if it is asking you to summarise the lesson and let go of what you no longer need to carry. As if it is a full circle.

Definitely don't think this means a physical death, because this happened to me in my mid forties.  :) "

I don't use progressions myself, but I will always take a look at different types of astrology.  Thanks for that input, and I will keep it in mind. 

I also wanted to say that I sense real kindness when I read your messages here.  And as kindness is one of my favorite human virtues, and wanted to thank you for that as well.

Back to "war of the planets" on my chart.  Hopefully this will have a good ending.

Ken

Offline Robynne

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »
I also wanted to say that I sense real kindness when I read your messages here.  And as kindness is one of my favorite human virtues, and wanted to thank you for that as well.

Thanks for that Ken. Although I do joke around a bit, I am usually sincere. You made me think though, I was brought up in an environment where caring about your world and the people around you was a core value, not in a religious sense, just in a 'being a decent person' way.

I've also been in the position of just hanging in by a thread a number of times, and been helped by the souls in this forum, so when I see that in action it's really quite moving.

Okay, will leave it at that before I need to break into a Michael Jackson song like.. 'Free the world, make it a better place, for you and for me, and the entire human race....  ;)
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2022, 10:17:37 AM »
Hi Robynne

I am curious if when you were "hanging by a thread," if you, or any of the other astrologers you are acquainted with saw when you would get to a better place?   For me, this is one of the real tests of predictive astrology, that is, predicting the good times and the bad times.  It is just as important to know the timing of the good times and to know how long you have to take advantage of them, as it is to know how long you have to endure the bad times. 

Now that I include Chrion in my analysis, I have more perspective.  I went through this position of Chiron before, but that was prior to Chiron being discovered.  Still, I remember the trial I went through back then, although there were good transits that offset it.  I had a peculiar health problem, which I had to figure out myself.  The doctors I saw didn't have a clue, and it turned out that I have a bad reaction to anything with a lot of sugar, sucrose, in it.  This had caused me health problems for my entire life as I was raised on eating sweets constantly.  I was sick all the time, and when I quit consuming sugary products, I didn't get sick for a year.  This time around, it seems that the Chiron transit caused extreme instability, related to having basic financial stability, and, along with Transiting Pluto, has put me in some very real danger. 

I suppose I am part of my own experiment, as I try to predict when I will get a pivotal break.  I've gotten them before, and have rarely needed a pivotal break as much as I need one now.  Based on what I can see on my chart, with the transits, I am hopeful of a pivotal break fairly soon.  The trick is to survive until "the rain comes."  (Maybe I could get on a bus with some of those migrants going to Martha's Vineyard.)

So, Robynne, was there a clear astrological factor that indicated when you escaped from "hanging by a thread?"  And did you see it before or after the fact?  I would appreciate your insights. 

Ken

Offline Robynne

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2022, 12:24:29 PM »
Hello Ken,

It's interesting that you were previously discussing Neptune cj Sun, because my own process involved tr Neptune sweeping over the Sun, Chiron, Moon, Jupiter stellium in Pisces which spans from 5 - 20 degrees. For me it was just a blurry process of hanging in there from day to day. Meditation helped me greatly in reducing anxiety.

The factor that changed my circumstances was a relocation when Neptune was at 15 Pisces just past conjunction with Moon at 13. The relocation was to move back closer to where I grew up to be able to spend time with my dad after he had a fall and brain injury.

So the relocation would be the definitive moment. I do have a chart for that time, but need to remember how to upload charts, now that the old method doesn't work.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
Hi All

There has been a lot of input on this topic, and as it involves my present situation, which is rather horrific, I appreciate all who have commented. 

What I have gotten so far is that, according OD'd, my situation may be difficult, but not terminal.   "Based on the angular factors here, the Solar Return looks extremely positive...", is what he started off with, and that was encouraging.  I am wondering about the timeline of these positive indications. 

James Williams stated, "A more favorable period begins early October to early January!"  And so, I am determined to survive until early October, which right now, seems an eternity away.  I am having some rather nightmarish days, and as it is with the human experience, those days seem to go by very slowly. 

Halina made the interesting comments, "Currently you are in a MARS/Jupiter period until October 10, 2022, then a North Node period
takes over until Oct 10, 2025,   Node is in your 2nd House, aim for what your Node is telling you,
i.e. forget about the past,(Mars r4), and start earning your way back.   Node is trine your Sun-Saturn.
in the 9th, higher education,   Let's get practical,   Your Node is in Aquarius...for honor & prestige                                     
use your talents, to start serving mankind and you'll forget about the struggle with your own needs."

So, once again, I am supposing that early October will bring change, specifically starting at my birthday.  And I do have some talents, for sure, not to boast.  My speaking talent is what I wasted in that religion I found myself in.  I look forward to living a bit longer and using my speaking, writing, and communication talents, as Halina said, "to serve mankind."  Also for my own satisfaction. 

Robynne reminded me that Neptune can be beneficent, although I have found the squares and oppositions of transiting Neptune to be quite overwhelming.  She also related her knowledge of the progressed ascendant, which I found interesting. 

PDW did some interesting analysis with the upcoming transits and brought some insight into the Mars in Gemini transit, "-Mars in Gemini is transiting your 6th House, maybe reflecting more interest, motivation, and activity related to work, health, and self-improvement. And this emphasis may extend into next year, with Mars turning retrograde on October 30, at 25 Gemini, and transiting your 6th House until March 2023. It will trine your natal Sun-Saturn conjunction on September 23 (direct), December 4 (retrograde), and February 24 (direct) – positive times?" 

I hope so.  I like that upcoming trine of Mars to my Sun-Saturn as it coincides with Saturn trining the same point from the other side in Aquarius. 

I really appreciated the orb consideration with PDW and OD'd's comments.  I will be watching my own chart with interest in regards to orbs of transiting planets.

So far it seems that there is a change coming at the beginning of October which should significantly modify my present circumstances.  What I am looking for is a pivotal break to "get me out of this," and I am trying to predict it as precisely as I can.  Back in the 70s, when I was reading charts professionally, I had a client call me and tell me that her boyfriend had broken up with her, and she wanted to know when, and if, he would call her.  I gave a date, approximately two weeks later, and a time, and I was right within a two hour window.  She made no attempt to contact him, and he called her out of the blue.  I am trying to get my skill level back up again, and obviously I am motivated by the situation that I find myself in.  However, as I noted at the beginning of this topic, I am aware that sometimes it is hard to be the subject of your own reading.  I appreciate all who have given me a positive outlook on making it through this time.  As I am able, I will let you know how it goes.  And....if anyone has more to say about when they think things will significantly change for me, feel free to do so. 

Thanks again for all who have contributed to this topic.
Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »
Hi Robynne

Sounds like a fascinating chart you have with that stellium in Pisces.  Would you mind putting up your birth info? 

Neptune is one of the objects in my stellium in Libra, and at my Midheaven.  Obviously, I have an intense Neptune influence. 

Ken

Offline Robynne

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2022, 01:07:05 PM »
Of course Ken.

Robynne Southee

25th of February 1963
4:17 am
Auckland, New Zealand.

Ascendant; Aquarius 13" 27'

:)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 01:09:04 PM by Robynne »

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2022, 09:48:33 AM »
Thanks, Robynne.  Gives me something to look at in terms of the trial you had, and which you successfully came through. 

One of the questions that comes up with all this transit astrology is how much foreknowledge helps?  What can be prevented in terms of the effects of difficult transits?  For me, one of the advantages of knowing the transits is knowing that they will not last forever.  That's a two sided coin.  In terms of a bad set of transits, you can see when they will end, and try to survive until they pass.  In terms of a favorable set of transits, you know you only have a limited time to take advantage of them.  What catches a lot of people off guard is when the "good times" come to an end.  There is the extreme case of someone who wins a large amount of money in a lottery and then they are broke five years later.  Many times I have looked back, with regret, that I didn't take full advantage of a good time, as indicated by the transits of that time. 

As far as going through some tough transits, studying the transits helps me to see the nature of what is going on, and the best way to handle them.  Astrology always gives me the perspective I need to keep on keeping on.  It seems to me, however, a bad time is going to be a bad time.  You can't beat the planets, but you can gain insight and wisdom as you live out "the Karmic Wheel." 

I will say that I am ready for some good fortune.  It is always fascinating to be in a time of both good and bad fortune.  Sometimes a stroke of good fortune will overshadow the negative stuff that is going on.  That is what I am hoping for in the near future. 

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2022, 11:25:31 AM »
Hi Robynne

You said, "The factor that changed my circumstances was a relocation when Neptune was at 15 Pisces just past conjunction with Moon at 13. The relocation was to move back closer to where I grew up to be able to spend time with my dad after he had a fall and brain injury."

I note that when Neptune moved to 15 degrees Pisces that it trined your Natal Neptune at 15 degrees Scorpio.  Since this is a favorable aspect to your Natal Moon, it seemed to bring a release for you. 

As I have mentioned, as Saturn retrogrades back to trine my Natal Sun-Saturn, within a degree of Natal Saturn, and conjunct the North Lunar Node, I am hoping for some kind of break to "get me out of this."  Even though Saturn is also squaring my Natal Jupiter, which would tend to be a challenging transit, based on the last time Saturn was where it is now, I think it will be more positive than negative. 

The trick, as I keep saying, is to navigate the situation that I am currently in successfully and to survive.  I have been in this kind of situation before, but the danger level this time is much higher. 

So far, based on what Halina and James Williams stated, early October bodes change to a better time.  I am hoping for something sooner, but that would be the natural tendency when you are in a stressful situation.

Are you still in New Zealand, Robynne?  I hear that's quite a nice place.   

Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2022, 11:57:04 AM »
Hi OD'd

I am still pondering your use of Solar Returns to the Lunar position and Lunar Returns to the Solar position.  You have one these charts starting on September 26 for me.  Since I am not entirely familiar with this technique, I wondered about how exactly it is done, but that can wait.  The Moon returned to its own position on my chart today, September 19, but I understand that you are combining charts.  Since you have one starting on September 26, 2022, I am curious if you see anything that would indicate a major change in my situation.  If I get back to a better place, then I shall look into this technique a bit more to see what I make of it. 

I also am curious if you are using Chiron?  The Chiron station on the square to my Natal Moon coincided with my latest disaster.  The timing was phenomenal with that tight aspect on a station. 

If you have a bit of time, I would be curious as to what you see with this upcoming chart. 

Ken

Offline Robynne

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2022, 07:55:17 PM »
Ken,

One of the questions that comes up with all this transit astrology is how much foreknowledge helps?  What can be prevented in terms of the effects of difficult transits?  For me, one of the advantages of knowing the transits is knowing that they will not last forever.

Sometimes, foreknowledge helps to remind us that difficult times will eventually pass, true. When you feel like you are in crisis, in my belief the only job is to keep hanging in there.

Early astrology days, I was taught that where there is extreme tension to look for the relieving aspect, usually in a trine or sextile, as they soften the tension. Especially true when there are t-squares in operation, as they really get worked over by transit.

So current Saturn cj North Node and trine your Libran stellium starting with the Sun, is one of those. You also have a nice trine between Moon cj Uranus in Cancer and Venus in Scorpio in the 11th (friends in the forum?).  :)

Yes, NZ is still a beautiful place to live. We currently have a housing crisis, and cost of living is an issue too, but still, you don't have to travel far to see miles of beautiful scenery or be in the great outdoors. My move was to a coastal area, I feel like I'm not really home unless I'm living by the beach, it suits me well.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 08:02:54 PM by Robynne »

Offline ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2022, 09:37:04 PM »
It's literally the Return of the Sun to the natal Moon and the Return of the Moon to the natal Sun. 

That's it.  [to calculate the Returns, I just choose Returns, then Solar or Lunar, and then input the ecliptic longitude of the Moon (for the Solar) or of the Sun (for the Lunar), then choose from the list of dates the closest to the period I am studying, or if looking for a whole year, looking for standouts as to when the promises of the Solar Return might be actualized]

However, I have studied hundreds of these charts in the last months and results are astounding.  The angularity is very often so tight that it looks like the event was merely waiting for this "time on the clock (the alignment of the chart) to form."

Re: Chiron

On again, off again, like with Eris and Sedna...sometimes yes, oftentimes, no.    Eris was a surprise finding... it squares my Sun tightly (0° 14' orb) and explains a few things about me, that I didn't pick up from other chart factors.  Eris relates to "strife or discord," but it relates more to going against authority or entrenched power, but also (as related by Eshelman) being comfortable "navigating chaos" or "leaving chaos in one's wake."  I feel it's a strength in astrological analysis, since often there is such a jumble of factors that have to be somehow organized and synthesized into a whole.  Sedna squares my Moon even more tightly (0° 8' orb)...

At any rate... sometimes I use them, but they're not fixed in my approach.  For Sedna, we're still learning the fine-points...

http://www.james-alexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain