Author Topic: Transits That Hit A YOD Point  (Read 344 times)

Offline Ken Haining

Transits That Hit A YOD Point
« on: November 26, 2022, 09:33:23 AM »
Hi All

As I am still battling with my current circumstances, I am wondering about the upcoming station that Transiting Neptune will make on a YOD point on my Natal Chart.  My birth info is October 10, 1952, 12:02 PM Far Rockaway, Queens, New York. 

Alice Portman, aka, Alice McDermott, wrote this about transits to a YOD point on the Natal Chart:

"Transits, progressions and directions that make a YOD pattern either with the natal chart or the progressed chart herald a powerful time in the life.

If just ordinary quincunx transits can indicate big changes in the life, imagine what transits making up a YOD in the natal chart can do!  It can greatly intensify the power of the transit and place considerable emphasis on the planet at the point of the YOD and the house and sign in which it resides.  It suggests major changes or considerable adjustment in matters connected to that planet, its house and sign through the people or circumstances described by the transiting planet(s).

This transit can be read as a midpoint transit, so it is handy to have a good midpoint interpretation book on hand – a couple of classics are Rules for Planetary Pictures’ by Witte-Lefeldt and  Ebertin’s ‘ Combination of Stellar Influences’;  These should give some idea of what to expect.

If you have a natal YOD,  transits, progressions or directions that activate this configuration will indicate important times in the life.  If the YOD involves outer planets, then when that outer planet activates either of the other legs of the YOD  by transit you are likely to have some powerful experiences that can make core changes to your nature and your approach to life."

https://aliceportman.com/yods-and-quincunx/

Obviously, this is a once in a lifetime transit, as it is Transiting Neptune, whose cycle through the 12 signs takes 165 years.  Neptune will station on a very tight YOD point that involves my Midheaven sextiling Pluto, along with Natal Neptune conjunct the Midheaven and sextile Natal Pluto.  While the sextile between Natal Neptune and Natal Pluto is a generational aspect, the sextile between the Midheaven and Pluto has more personal connotations, and they are almost exactly sextile, with my Midheaven being 22 degrees 42 minutes Libra, and my Natal Pluto at 22 degrees 47 minutes Leo.  On December 4, 2022, Neptune will station at 22 degrees 39 minutes Pisces. 

Based on what Alice wrote about this, "Transits, progressions and directions that make a YOD pattern either with the natal chart or the progressed chart herald a powerful time in the life,"  I would expect a significant effect to take place with this Neptune transit, and the fact that it is stationing on such a tight point makes me think it could be profound.  As December 4th is rapidly approaching, I am contemplating what effect I would expect.  With my current circumstances being so difficult, I am, as you might expect, hoping for a dramatic change for the better. 

So, I was wondering if any of the astrologers who read and write here have observed these transits to a YOD point?  The transiting planet forms an inconjunct, or quincunx, to two planets or points that sextile each other. 

Once again, quoting Alice,

"A YOD is made up of two planets in sextile (60°) aspect and a third planet in a quincunx (150°) aspect to both of them.  Ideally the third planet should be making up a close to exact midpoint structure with the other two.  The outside orb for a YOD is 2 degrees, unless it makes up a midpoint structure, in which case it can stretch to 2 degrees 30 minutes.

There are all kinds of mystical interpretations for a YOD as it is also called “The Finger of God”, but from my perspective it is an entirely practical aspect pattern requiring commonsense and flexibility in the areas activated by the planets involved.  If outer planets are involved in a YOD, then the person tends to have very powerful and often stressful experiences that change their perspective and outlook on life.  These experiences develop an awareness and insight that can give considerable wisdom."

I have to say that I am hoping for a release from stress, as I think I have had enough.  However, I am looking for real analysis.

As I have access to astrology programs, I am going to be looking at this myself, of course.  But as I have said before, it is always beneficial to get outside opinions on your own chart. 

Any YOD fans out there? 

Thanks in advance to those who respond.
Ken

Offline pdw

Re: Transits That Hit A YOD Point
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »
Hello Ken, so hard to gauge transiting Neptune in advance…a time for hope, faith, and dreams fulfilled or disappointment, loss, sadness?

I’m hoping that your Pluto-MC sextile is a source of support and endurance for whatever quincunx change/adjustment/uncertainty transiting Neptune may surface.

You’ve mentioned the importance of Chiron before and I see that your natal 1st House Chiron is at the midpoint of this T Neptune-MC quincunx. I wonder how-if it may be a factor in this yod scenario, especially when activated (with the conjunctions from T Mercury-Venus-Sun in December, for example).

Glad you checked in.

Offline amymaddalozzo

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 10:07:33 AM »
My late husband had a yod.  He was born February 13, 1944 at 10:54 edt.   He had a yod with Saturn close to
3rd house cusp  in Gemini, aspecting Venus in Capricorn in 10th house and Jupiter in Leo in 5th house
His sister died late in February 1993
When Neptune and Uranus in Capricorn were forming 150 degree aspects to
His Saturn in Gemini,   Amy

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 11:30:11 AM »
Hi pdw

Whenever a planet transits late Aquarius, it trines my Neptune-Midheaven conjunction, but opposes my Pluto.  Saturn is set to do this soon, and my trial began right when Saturn was at 22 degrees Aquarius as it was retrograding back to hit my Lunar North Node at 18 degrees Aquarius.  I did get a bit of a break, which temporarily greatly helped me, when Saturn hit the North Node, but that break is over, and I am back in the deadly storm.  Generally, the trine to the Midheaven from Aquarius overrides the opposition to Pluto, and I am hoping as Saturn passes through late Aquarius again that it will give me a "break."  When Saturn moves to very late Aquarius it trines my Mercury and sextiles my Mars-Ascendant.  So, as Saturn is coming trine my MC, I will have this stationing of Neptune on that YOD point, and then Saturn moving to that very favorable position in very late Aquarius, just before it goes into Pisces.  As you say, with Neptune you just have to wait to see what the God of the Sea gives you.  Could be treasure, could be coral reefs. 

Thanks for pointing out that Chiron is at the midpoint of this YOD point transit of Neptune.  Food for thought.  Chiron is what is traditionally called an Unaspected Planet on my chart, which means it has none of the main Ptolemaic aspects.  Noel Tyl called them Peregrine Planets, but some astrologers noted that they don't like that term for the Unaspected Planets.  In any event, I don't think Noel used Chiron, and so I don't think he ever addressed what having an unaspected Chiron would indicate on a chart.  He said that Peregrine Planets run off with the rest of the chart, or take complete precedence at certain times.  I am still looking at this idea with different charts, and wonder about Chiron "taking over" my own chart at times.  Major transits to my Chiron position have been quite intense.

With a major player, as Neptune is, stationing on such as exact YOD point, I am thinking that the effect will be fairly profound.  I am hoping, of course, for something really, really good.  We will see. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

Ken