Author Topic: Transits to the Draconic Chart  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
Transits to the Draconic Chart
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:37:52 AM »
Dear Forum,

Some of you may recall my post on the old Tyl Forum (around Nov 5th) about Pres. Elect Obama’s transits to his draconic chart reflecting his win. (-posted again below at the bottom in case you missed it).

Lately I have been anxiously awaiting the final hit of two transits, tr. Pluto opposed Mars, and tr. Neptune conjunct Mercury. Both were due to arrive partile just one day apart --- Dec. 12th and Dec 11th (respectively).  Natal Mars rules my 12th house and coupled with Pluto, I’ve been super cautious about avoiding possible accidents, getting injured, etc.

I was actually hoping yesterday morning (Dec 15th) that I might already be in the clear. Transiting Mars (as a trigger) was not making any significant transits to my natal horoscope in December. Unfortunately, I didn’t take the time to consider transits to my draconic chart! Had I done so, I would have seen transiting Mars smack-dab conjunct my draconic Ascendant (at 21 Sagittarius, exact Dec. 16th!!!…and with tr. Saturn square my draconic Ascendant, Dec. 26th)!

Yesterday while walking with my dog (large), another dog came out of nowhere and spooked my dog so badly that she slammed her entire body into my left knee. I knew as soon as it happened that I was in for a serious injury. After about one hour, it was impossible to put any weight on my leg. I’m still unsure of the exact injury (possibly a pulled or torn ligament) but needless to say, I’m on crutches and praying it isn’t too serious.

What I learned from this experience is to watch transits to the draconic chart. They just might be more important than we think!

Lauren Delsack

Initial post on old Tyl Forum:

President Elect Obama’s Draconic Chart

Dear Forum,

Quite a few astrologers have asked me about the significance of transits to the draconic chart. I’ve looked at this for my own horoscope and those of family members for major life events and had come to the conclusion that it didn’t seem to be consistent throughout one’s life (i.e. with every major life event).

However, I must say that the transits to Obama’s draconic chart (calculated from the natal; the birth data: August 4, 1961 at 7:24 PM in Honolulu, HI) for this great moment in history are quite astounding:

Tr. Pluto opposed the Draconic Midheaven (3/08, rx 4, 12/08, rx 8, 10/09)
Tr. Saturn conjunct the Draconic Ascendant (first hit: Nov. 18, 2008)
Tr. Uranus opposed Draconic Ascendant (last hit: January 25, 2009)

(Draconic Ascendant 20 Virgo 09; Draconic Midheaven 01 Cancer 00)

The transit activity in Obama’s birth chart does not seem to reflect what I would have expected in becoming the first African American President of the United States.

Maybe we should keep our eye out for major transits to the draconic chart! If anyone has an example to share of a major life event where the draconic chart activity seems to reflect the event more so than the natal, please share it here!

Offline Bryan

Re: Transits to the Draconic Chart
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »
Hi Lauren,

A few years ago I asked Basil Fearrington if transits to the Draconic positions were valid and he said yes although he had not tested them extensively. Since that time, I've used them and noticed how often there is a transit to a Draconic planet or angle when a "fated" event seems to happen. Or it may not be so much a fated event but the event is often intense and life impacting. Some pretty life impacting things have happened to me when a planet transited my Draconic Ascendant. This year(right now it is within one degree) transiting Pluto is quincunx my Draconic Ascendant and I've lost 7 lbs without even dieting. The Draconic Ascendant is a strong point in the chart, among other Draconic positions.

Bryan

Offline Lauren Delsack

• www.laurendelsack.com
    • Lauren Delsack
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:21:09 AM »
Hi Bryan,

Thank you for adding on your corroboration for transits to the draconic chart. I believe you are correct in that they can seem to have a 'fated' feel to them. It's interesting how they can also work with transits to the natal horoscope as a 'trigger' such in the case of my accident with tr. Mars to the draconic Ascendant.

Definately a lot more research to be done in this area which I find quite fascinating!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Lauren Delsack 

Offline Purple

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »
I had the same injury but only when T. Saturn was on my ascendant last year when I decided to play soccer and last ten minutes I twisted my knee and tore some main ligament but I believed I was going to be okay and its been 7 months and though back then I was worried my knee would never bend properly again some how it all went back to normal and its like it never even happened now. Thank god  :)

I decided to look at my draconic chart to see if there was anything when I had a car accident in 2004 and when I played soccer that day or even when my ex boyfriend had a grinder cut his face at work and I couldn't find anything. I have looked at my draconic chart and transits even over the years I have met soul mates and nothing seems to correlate with those times.

My draconic ascendant is at Cancer 1.40

Transit Pluto was conjunct the DC but I doubt that calls for an injury and it sure didn't bring a partnership or anything significant to a current one.

So the question is I'm wondering is which chart is significant in terms of predicting accidents?

There are so many charts to take into consideration and I always thought that Draconic may have been something more for soul mates or soul purposes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:57:29 PM by Purple »