Author Topic: Signs for Epilepsy in a chart  (Read 25194 times)

Offline sunflower

Signs for Epilepsy in a chart
« on: January 23, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »
Hi All,

Currently I have a worry about a younger family member who has been diagnosed with mild Epilepsy. The subject is 15 years old and has had just one short seizure of 20 seconds. There is no family history that we know of.

sunflower  :)
sunflower

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Signs for Epilepsy in a chart
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
I have seen epilepsy shown in horoscopes by a prominent Uranian influence.  Either Uranus is prominent by tenancy or by dispositorship.  I relate Uranus to many kinds of seizures, but as epilepsy is an imbalance in the body's electricity, and as electricity is ruled by Uranus, I don't think it's much of a stretch to associate epilepsy with Uranus. 

Rex Bills, in "The Rulership Book" gives primary rulership to both Aries and the Moon and secondary rulership to Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and Scorpio.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline sunflower

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »
Hi Don,

Thanks for the reponse. Uranus could suggest Epilspey I can understand.

sunflower
sunflower

Robynne

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 01:10:56 AM »
Hi Sunflower

I have an interest in how epilepsy shows in a chart as well. I have two charts I know fairly well in mind, my husbands and a close friends son. My husband has a strong Uranian influence with his Ascendant in Aquarius and a stellium in Aquarius spanning the 12th to 1st house. The other chart shows an Aquarian Sun in the 8th also with an Aquarian stellium as well. It ties in with Don’s suggestion of the Uranian factor. I am surprised though that your family member has been diagnosed with epilepsy (even though mild) with just one seizure lasting 20 seconds, as sometimes these are just one off events with no further attacks.  Hopefully it is an isolated event, but also with the previous 2 charts mentioned, their first seizure was at age 15 also.

Best wishes

Offline sunflower

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
Robynne,

We are hopeful this seizure was a 'one of ' as you suggest. This was relayed to the parents. The subject was taken to hospital asap and when his Mother arrived he did not recognise her and was confused. This is 'normal 'after a seizure she was advised. He recovered during the afternoon and has not displayed any further symtoms.

sunflower   :)

sunflower

Robynne

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
Hi Sunflower

Thanks for clarifying that. Yes, it is very normal for a period of disorientation after the actual seizure, you can think that someone is 'back' or seems conscious again, but they are still very confused and disoriented. Must have been very distressing for his mother though.

Well wishes

Offline sunflower

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:30:11 AM »
Robynne,

It was suggested to me that sugar levels should be looked at in regard to Epilepsy.

sunflower    :)
sunflower

Robynne

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
Hi Sunflower

Yes, low blood sugar levels and low blood pressure do seem to be strong factors in lowering the seizure threshold and increasing the chance of seizures. Also stress and lack of sleep or erratic sleep patterns can be triggers as well.
My husbands been on a steady and healthy diet, having regular meals for the last 7 months (due to other factors) and has only had a couple of seizures in that time period, which is a very good rate for him. I also remember the epilepsy nurse visiting at home and asking if she could have a cracker with cheese, as having seizures herself, she recognises that sinking fading feeling as a trigger.
I don’t knowthat low blood sugar/pressure causes epilepsy though, but can increase the risk of seizure in someone who already has the condition.

Not a medical opinion, just some observations I've made over time, but hope this helps.

Offline sunflower

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
Robynne

Thank you for your post and info. The friend who suggested sugar levels should be looked at re Epilepsy has two doctors in her immediate family so I do take her suggestions seriously. My sugar levels can be depleted easy especially during stressful times and situations. Thanks, I'm grateful for any info. on epilepsy.

sunflower   :)
sunflower

Offline denverboz

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
OK here goes. My birth data is 6/1/1953  10:34PM EDT  Buffalo, NY

I now live in Denver,CO and have for the past 6 years.

This past Tuesday (5/5/2009) around noon while at work I had a seizure(s).  Its all pretty vague and blurry, one second I'm working on sanding some deck stairs, next thing I'm waking up in the hospital strapped down to a gurney. They did a brain scan and said they didn't see any tumors or anything like that, so that's good news, though they still don't actually know why I had one.  I used to have them when I was very young around 4-5yo than after I had my tonsils out they stopped.  I also had a grand mal seizure when I was around 23, that was from a combination of alcohol and codeine.  Hadn't had any until this past tuesday.
fwiw I am alcohol and drug free.

So after I saw this thread here, I thought I'd put this information on here and see if anyone has any insights to offer. When I was back on the deck a couple days after the seizure I saw a couple bees, and I started thinking I had been stung by a bee on that day, though I haven't seen any physical signs of that on me, and I'm not sure its not just wishful thinking to explain the seizure in my own mind.  Still I did have quite a reaction to seeing those bees which is what got me thinking that way. Like I say its all pretty blurry and vague. I believe they had me on a valium-dilantin drip in the hospital.

Anyhow, any insights would be appreciated and thanks in advance.   peace........

Offline dixieturner

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 11:08:43 PM »
Denver Boz,
After looking at your horoscope I am wondering if you tend to overdo/overwork. With Mercury conj Mars QD Ascendant and Sun conjunct Jupiter, I wonder if perhaps you have a stressed nervous system from trying to take on too much. Chemical stressors could also affect your nervous system, allergies, heat, dehydration, low blood sugar from not eating on time, etc. Transit Saturn has been in developmental tension with your Gemini planets, the ruler of your Ascendant, occupational stress? You said you were sanding, was this omiting toxins/dust into the air that you were breathing in? Just some ideas I had.
Best Wishes, Dixie

Offline denverboz

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
Denver Boz,
After looking at your horoscope I am wondering if you tend to overdo/overwork. With Mercury conj Mars QD Ascendant and Sun conjunct Jupiter, I wonder if perhaps you have a stressed nervous system from trying to take on too much. Chemical stressors could also affect your nervous system, allergies, heat, dehydration, low blood sugar from not eating on time, etc. Transit Saturn has been in developmental tension with your Gemini planets, the ruler of your Ascendant, occupational stress? You said you were sanding, was this omiting toxins/dust into the air that you were breathing in? Just some ideas I had.
Best Wishes, Dixie

Thanks for your time  Dixie.  A couple responses, first off I don't tend to overdo or overwork. I may however have a stressed nervous system, as I do tend to over think, as attested to by the seven planets in air. I've heard about the low blood sugar stuff, and its something I'm going to be tested for as there is a family history along those lines.  And yeah the sanding was of probable toxins, old stain, and there was some vomiting at the hospital , so, though I doubt it was the cause ,I don't totally rule that out.

Anyhow, thanks again for your time.

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »
Hello DenverBoz, 

There sure are a lot of indicators in your chart that have to do with the rulerships that Don listed above.  I don't have much experience with health astrology but have noticed a lot going on in your chart and hope that others on this forum who are knowledgeable will take a look.  It's very interesting.

You have some significant indicators, first of all, that could be hitting your health right now through transits and Solar Arcs. The Uranus/Aquarius influence is very strong as you have Moon conjunct NN in Aquarius in your first house of Physical Body and Vitality. The only thing Moon and Uranus have in common is that they like to be erratic, so that could show a tendency towards epilepsy and anything else that comes and goes without warning.  Uranus in your chart is a singleton in Water.  That shows an electrical situation.  On May 5, if I've read it correctly, Uranus was also a singleton in Water.

Transiting Pluto is approaching your Ascendant which could affect your physical body.  On May 5 it was especially stressed as a t-square to an opposition of Moon in Libra to a conjunction of Venus-Mars in Aries.  Mars and Aries are going to affect anything having to do with brain function and inflammation.  Natally, your Mars is strongly linked with Mercury, the other planet besides Uranus that rules nerves.  Mars is conjunct Mercury in Gemini, its natural sign and the conjunction is in your 6th House of daily health practices. Mercury rules that house as well.

Don listed Saturn and Neptune as part rulers of Epilepsy.  You have them in another tight conjunction (to the degree in Libra).  Right now they are conjunct your 12th House cusp by Solar Arc within a degree.  Noel says that 12th House rules Health, Chronic health issues so that looks huge.

What's interesting to me is connected with what Dixie said about the Sun-Jupiter conjunction because Jupiter rules your 12th House which rules chronic health problems.  Interesting first of all to notice that your previous brain overloads have been close to times when there is a significant time in your Jupiter Return cycle.  Age 3 is roughly the first Jupiter square that a child goes through and Age 4 is very roughly the first Jupiter trine a child goes through.  There are tons of cycles at that age.  Between 4 and 5 a very significant one is the first Nodal Square.  That pulls in an influence that affects your first house NN-Moon in Aquarius.  These two different elements are linked in your chart by a trine so they automatically share transits and progressions.  Jupiter also disposits to the Moon because it's in Cancer.

You didn't say anything happened during your 1st Jupiter Return but Age 23 is near the 2d Jupiter Return. Like Dixie said, Jupiter is related to overdoing and it sounds like you were having too much fun at that point. Since you didn't mention it I assume your first Jupiter Return was uneventful, Around Age 11? or 12?

Right now Jupiter is in that conjunction with Chiron and Neptune in the sign of Aquarius.  I don't know if that's affecting anything significant but there's nothing related to Jupiter cycles really.  What would be significant, though, is that Solar Sun is a couple of degrees away from your South node and is opposing NN-Moon in Aquarius (H1).

Have you ever consulted with a chiropractor?  With Saturn and Neptune on your 12th House you probably have to be extra careful with chemicals and poisons as you could be more sensitive.  Maybe Mercury-mars conjunctions have to be more careful with Bee Stings and anything small that bites.

Anyway, I got carried away here.

Offline stargazer

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
All,

Further to my post which began this thread, my grandson had an 'incident' yesterday morning at home. He was taken by ambulance to hospital where he was observed and returned home later in the day.This may be a third incident within 12 months.

He has been under stress - exam time at school - which was similar in circumstance to his last incident late January 2009. He is a candidate for medication now and his activities have to be monitored now. He had not been eating well - lowered blood sugar and was dehydrated He had not been eating breakfast....not good for this condition.

The chart data:  December 21, 1993 @ 6.56 pm AEDT -11.00 hrs, Gosford, Australia co-ords: 33S26   151E21  Asc 15/36 Gemini. Current location is Tokyo, Japan but I've worked with the essence of his Natal chart.

You will note the Aries point here with the planetary transits in Aquarius relating to Natal 26 degrees planets with prominent Uranus on  his M/H! Also fleeting Mercurial Moon in Gemini 12th along with Mercury.

I offer this as it may be of help to others looking into factors that produce this distressing ailment.

sunflower

Lura

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
Stargazer,

How concerning, and I hope some control and calm will follow.  My husband is a double Gemini, and by coincidence, we were out of town, eating for breakfast at a cafe, and he had this "just not right" look, along with "numbness in driving foot" later...needless to say, I strongly suggested we find the nearest hospital.  They say Pisces are the most difficult to diagnose?  not so sure.  many questions remain.

I'm beginning to wonder about Thyroid?  and the sudden nature of these occurrences, is that Geminian too, in nature?

I appreciate your sharing your grandson's chart.