Author Topic: Padre Pio  (Read 3287 times)

Offline James Williams

Padre Pio
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
Padre Pio, AKA Francesco Forgione, (see Astrodatabank website for birth details) was an Italian healer, a Capuchin monk and stigmatic. He was a special, unique case as he was the first priest "marked by God" in two thousand years. Nuns, monks and even lay persons have experienced the stigmata but never a consecrated priest. His phenomena was witnessed and reported by tens of thousands of people.

Francesco Forgione was the eighth child in a poor family. He followed his vocation at 16 by joining the Capuchins, the most austere order of Franciscans, and he studied with them for eight years before being ordained in 1910.

His stigmata first appeared 9/20/1918 when one of the brothers found him with his hands bleeding copiously. He was taken immediately to his cell. When the doctor arrived, he insisted that photographs be taken. There was no reason for the wounds and the blood did not coagulate, but left a pleasant odor. These stigmata remained visible for his lifetime.

In the summer of 1903, when he was 16, transiting Neptune (5) was conjunct natal Moon (9) in the 8th, and transiting North Node was conjunct natal Uranus (4) in the 11th.  SA Chiron = Uranus.

In the summer of 1910, transiting Neptune was conjunct natal Saturn (3) in the 9th, transiting Pluto (1) was conjunct natal Chiron in the 8th, transiting Jupiter (2) was conjunct natal Uranus in the 11th, and transiting North Node was conjunct natal Mars-Neptune-Mercury-Pluto-Sun in the 7th.  SA Mercury = Chiron, SA Ascendant = Mercury.

On 9/20/1918, transiting Pluto was exactly conjunct natal Moon, transiting Jupiter was conjunct natal Venus (7,12) in the 9th, transiting Saturn was conjunct natal North Node in the 10th, and transiting Uranus was conjunct natal South Node in the 4th.  SA Jupiter = Neptune, SA Uranus = Ascendant.
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
Re: Padre Pio
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
Padre Pio was born on the 25th May 1887, 4.10 pm, Pietrelcina, Italy latitude 41N12 longitude 14E51. 

The problem is that Astrodatabank gives his birth time in GMT and there was no GMT then, so I don't know whether they adjusted the time to GMT or were just careless.

The time variant makes a huge difference in his chart so I have not worked on it very much.  It changes the Ascendant from 29Libra42 true local time to 9 Scorpio 27 GMT time.

Alice McDermott

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
If you would like me to do so, I can check with some of the Old Guard from ADB that keep an eye on things.  I am not particularly satisfied with ADB as it stands now, but I know some people who will listen.

Are you sure about the lack of GMT at that time?  I do know what there were some old-time astrologers, who had to convert all times to GMT for the sake of standardization.  The best thing to do with Padre Pio is to check all times against certain events.  His stigmata don't interest me as much as his ability to bi-locate does!

Don B.
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
In his BC the time was recorded as 5.00 pm. Up to 1 Nov 1893 they used Rome time (i.e. LMT for Rome) in all the places near Rome including his birth place Pietrelcina. I assume that because of a technical reason Astrotadabank gave the GMT time 16.10 and not the recorded birth time.
GMT was adopted in England in 1847 but in Italy only in 1893.
Judging from his pictures I have no doubt that he is Scorpio rising.  Using 7 events my rectification is 16.53 Local time (=16.03 UT) Asc 8Sco07'.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 09:42:29 AM »
Thanks, Isaac.  History and plausibility are the best cornerstones for analyzing charts that are out of the mainstream, such as Padre Pio's.

DB
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:23:31 AM by Don Borkowski »
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 04:07:30 PM »
Thank you Isaac

Padre Pio's paranormal gifts included the stigmata, prophecy, reading of souls, manifesting miraculous cures; bilocation;

At age 15, he took the Habit of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin on January 22, 1903.

A year later, on January 22, 1904, Fra Pio knelt before the altar and made his First Profession of the Evangelical Counsels of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience. Then, he traveled to the seventeenth-century friary of St. Francis of Assisi and began six years of study for the priesthood and continued his development in community life toward the profession of his solemn vows.

After three years of temporary profession, Padre Pio took his final vows in 1907.

n August 10, 1910, the twenty-three year old Fra Pio was ordained a priest by Archbishop Paolo Schinosi at the Cathedral of Benevento. Four days later, he celebrated his first Mass at the parish church of Our Lady of the Angels.

Within a month of his ordination, (September 7, 1910), as Padre Pio was praying in the Piana Romana, Jesus and Mary appeared to him and gave him the wounds of Christ, the Stigmata.

On November 28, 1911, Padre Agostino, who was a contemporary, friend, and confidant, was advised that Padre Pio was ill. He rushed into Padre Pio’s room to care for him. Padre Agostino observed what he thought was a dying man and rushed to the chapel to pray. When he finished praying, he returned to Padre Pio’s room and found his friend alert and full of joy.

This was the beginning of Padre Pio’s documented ecstasies – all of which were "edifying, theologically correct and expressed a deep love for God. "

In July 1918, Pope Benedict XV urged all Christians to pray for an end to the World War. On July 27, Padre Pio offered himself as a victim for the end of the war. Days later between August 5 -7, Padre Pio had a vision in which Christ appeared and pierced his side. As a result of this experience, Padre Pio had a physical wound in his side. The experience has been identified as a "transverberation" or piercing of the heart indicating the union of love with God.

A few weeks later, on September 20, 1918, Padre Pio was praying in the choir loft in the Church of Our Lady of Grace, when the same Being who appeared to him on August 5, appeared again. It was the wounded Christ. When the ecstasy ended, Padre Pio had received the Visible Stigmata, the five wounds of Christ, which would stay with him for his remaining 50 years.   Apparently they gave off a beautiful perfume.

In the mid-1960s, Padre Pio’s health began to deteriorate, but he continued to say Daily Mass and hear fifty confessions a day. By July of 1968, he was almost bedridden. On the fiftieth anniversary of the stigmata (September 20,1968), Padre Pio celebrated Mass, attended the public recitation of the Rosary and Benediction. On the next day, he was too tired to say Mass or hear confessions. On September 22, he managed to say Mass and the attendees had to struggle to hear him. Just after midnight, in the early morning hours of September 23, Padre Pio called his superior and asked to make his confession. He then renewed his vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. At 2:30am, Padre Pio died in his cell. As he foretold, Padre Pio lived sick but died healthy, with the stigmata healed.

On September 26, 1968, over a hundred thousand people gathered at San Giovanni Rotondo to pay their respects to this holy man. He was buried in the crypt prepared for him in the Church of Our Lady of Grace.

Beatification:  Given in Rome, on December 18th, 1997

28 February 2002. The Decree of Canonization was promulgated.

16 June 2002. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina is solemnly canonized by Pope John Paul II

http://www.ewtn.com/padrepio/man/biography.htm

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Pio,_Padre

In his early days he had a terrible temper.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:22:28 PM by Alice McDermott »