Author Topic: The New Essays are Up!!!! July 31, 2010  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
The New Essays are Up!!!! July 31, 2010
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:54:11 AM »
The new Essays are Up!!!

Analytical Techniques:

The Technique of the first Impression
--The one YOU make!

Counseling Insights:

Take a Seat; Let’s talk!

Notebook:

Advanced Notes: MHEP
--Refining Symbolisms!

Enjoy!

--And see the vast Archive of learning following each essay!

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline pdw

Re: The New Essays are Up!!!! July 31, 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:47:49 AM »
Good Morning, Noel -

Traveling and July flies filled the void for one essay reader last month; glad to see it was just a Denkpause here, though. 

A first impression, if I may:

The Technique of the first Impression - This one made me think of reviewing - tweaking - the role our 7th House plays (how we naturally react to others) in the first impression we make.  Coincidentally, in the last year or so I have become very aware of how I (need to) respond to people.  I have a tenanted and Moon-connected 7th House and have always known this area was emphasized for me, but I never realized before just how automatic my response is - whether I feel like it or not.     

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:24:15 AM »
  What a good thought (revived from long ago, from Horary practice ...  which proves relevancy I think).

I think your observation bears much discussion, and I hope people will respond to it.  Very interesting indeed; e.g. multiple planetary references to the 7th, which shows?  etc.

Thank you.

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Lura

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:57:21 AM »
pdw,

I hope you don't mind a little 'bearing' here...

Check out Pierre Curie's chart, his Moon in 7th ruling 5th...you have always been a first responder in my book...and a very special 'creative mid-wife' was it?  always, with helpful, great terms applied with tender sympathies.

Curie's understanding of incredible women, I think is reflected deeply with his Moon 7th, and in what he carefully wrote about our species.  He saw how Marie's pride and timidity protected her.  How rare.  He understood exquistely the UNEQUAL nature to the sexes..."Thus, when we, driven by some mystic love, wish to enter upon some anti-natural path, when we give all our thoughts to some work which estranges us from the humanity nearest us, we have to struggle against women."  [Marie Curie, A Biography, Eve Curie, p. 120]

Their first meeting was instant sympathy.  Gravity and careless Grace.  An attraction of double curiosity.  When I think of 'piezoelectricity' I smile.  My wedding day, is supposedly, "Pi Approximation Day." ??

Victor Hugo:  "To stun with clatter a mind that wishes to think."

You have the knack of a woman with great clarity, to speak the anti-thought that is necesssary for reality, pdw.  You have always shown that to me.  Pierre called his way, "following her thoughts."  With Heart.  "He felt himself drawn toward Marie by an impulse of love and at the same time by the highest necessity." [Eve, p. 134]

pdw, I guess this post could apply to the thread on more of my thoughts to your reply, of a Peregrine Moon.  As I'm sure, Noel will move if he deems necessary.

Thank you for who you are!*

Offline pdw

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »
Chers Lura, vos paroles ici sont veritablement un cadeau special.  Beaucoup apprecie, un ami. 

And thanks for the tip on the Curies.  What a remarkable couple they were.  Seemingly, a perfect match for her extraordinary Uranus (at DSC) = Sun/Moon.

Offline pdw

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
Take a Seat; Let’s talk! - Noel, I thought of Mutable signs, Pisces cluelessness, and transiting Neptune in particular with this essay.  It seems the indecisive inevitably strikes us all at some point (double-bodied or not), so thanks for sharing this handy role playing tip.       

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:37 AM »
Dear Noel:

Thank you for the essays once again.  I have been looking forward to another set.  They always find the sticking place.

I was intrigued that you did not once use the word chef, opting for the word cook.  That sticks too, in a very good way.  I was visiting in a hospital yesterday and went to the cafeteria.  A big pot of thickened chicken soup bore a sign reading "the healing food".  6th house makes sense.  Food is so emotional.

My first impression of the doctor I met yesterday was instantaneous.  He should get some goofy glasses and wear an orange tie or something. I'm sure he is aware of how dry his approach is.  I bet he doesn't cook, but his 6th house is probably active.

Much gratitude for your words.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
Noel,
Thank you for the new essays - as usual they are positively brilliant!

I LOVE the vocational material in the notebook section. So much great information!

Thank you for your commitment to education.

Kathy

Kathy Rose Astrology
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Hiroki Niizato

• Holistic Astrologer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 03:06:39 AM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you for this month's essays - just finished enjoying them.

I found the "first impression" to be helpful in objectifying my image as a practicing astrologer. 

The technique outlined in "Take a seat - let's talk" is very important - I'll remember it to help clients struggling with indecision.  Actually I was able to readily apply it to my own situation and felt therapeutic relief!

Lastly I really appreciated receiving additional insights about the MHEP.  Makes sense!

Compliments & warm regards from Japan......
Hiroki Niizato