Author Topic: The Grand Entrance of Pluto into Capricorn  (Read 13653 times)

Offline Ken Haining

Re: The Grand Entrance of Pluto into Capricorn
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »
Hi VenusLady

Pluto just entered Capricorn, as you know, and my Sun is in the 18th degree of Libra, at 17 degrees 20 minutes Libra.  It is tightly conjunct my Natal Saturn, also in the 18h degree of Libra, at 17 degrees 53 minutes Libra.  Pluto will not come within orb of squaring that conjunction for a while.  I went through having Uranus and Neptune square that area of my chart at the same time about 14 years ago.  My Midheaven is 22 degrees 38 minutes Libra, and my Natal Neptune is 21 degrees 18 minutes Libra, and my Natal Mercury is 28 degrees 41 minutes Libra.  (In case you are curious, and don't want to imagine this in your head, my birth info is 10/10/52, 12:02 PM, Far Rockaway, Queens, New York) 

When Uranus and Neptune passed through mid to late Capricorn, my Universe was totally rearranged.  I came into disagreement with the religious group I had been involved with for nearly 20 years, and eventually separated from them.  Long story, but it was the most amazing whirlpool of events, and changes, that I could have imagined. 

So, now Pluto, in a few years, will square all those planets in Libra and my Midheaven.  Note that when something squares my Sun-Saturn conjunction in Libra from Capricorn, it also opposes my Moon-Uranus conjunction in Cancer.  Should be intense when Pluto gets there, and a couple of years before it comes into tight orb I will be pondering it.

The transit of Pluto to my Mars-Ascendant conjunction was quite a trial.  Keeping in mind that Neptune was squaring my Natal ruler, Jupiter in Taurus, at the same time.  My Mars-Ascendant conjunction has a tight sextile from Mercury in the 10th house, and so my mind was very stimulated during this time.  A lot of the stimulation was in the subject of astrology.  However, there were many personal problems and unexpected set backs.  However, in the end, it seems to have come out for the better in the long run.  At times it seemed like I was being microwaved, but at the same time I felt mentally inspired.  I relate the material set backs to the square from transiting Neptune in Aquarius to Natal Jupiter in Taurus.  Favorable aspects from transiting Uranus and Jupiter have given me some relief.  Just before Pluto left Sagittarius, I had an event that would seem bad, but I think in the long run will work out favorably.  It started on the 23rd of October, about 3 PM Mountain Time, and ended on October 27th at 1 PM.

As soon as Pluto left Sagittarius I felt a lot of pressure leave me.  I know some people might think that it was because I was expecting that, but really, I wasn't.  Let's just say that a prevailing nervous tension has left. 

Anyway, VenusLady, I hope that answers your questions. 

Ken

Offline VenusLady

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:26 AM »
Ken,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that 17-19 Cardinal degree is a doozie esp. when transits line up to create a T-square - definitely major times in your life - but with a Sun-Sat conj, you could use a little lightening up and not take things so seriously ;-)  What I'm really saying is... astrology is a great tool as it gives us a heads up on the upcoming doozie transits and allows us to be aware of what might come... BUT... this is where I have a strong belief that depending on how strongly you believe in astrology, you can actually create unnecessary drama in your life and possibly make things worse for yourself. If you strongly believe that a particular transit will be hard, challenging or a killer (such as T. Pluto when it gets to 17-18 CAP) you may inadvertently create a worse scenario for yourself because of your expectations! Never underestimate the power of your beliefs and thoughts that repeat in your head!

The challenge is to be aware without expectations... let life surprise you. It might be something good! Squares are very energetic, so action takes place. It could be a number of things... I cannot tell you how many times I've had classic transits to either planets or midpoints that were a dead giveaway pointing to certain kinds of events (relationship, career, health, etc..) and the eventual outcome was completely different than what I expected!!! It almost made me lose faith in astrology. Astrology does work... things DO happen when transits kick in, but to think that we can predict WHAT will happen?! Well that's where the Universe is having the last laugh! ;-) 

So... I'm just saying don't psych yourself out. Expect the BEST outcome... and prepare to be surprised.

Last year, I had SA Ven=Sun/Moon, Prog Ven=Sun/Ven (T. Uranus trining that Prog. Venus exactly) and T. Pluto trining my ASC among other things. I even had a Solar eclipse fall right on that Sun/Moon! I fully expected that some kind of relationship would come sailing into my life. Well, I did meet someone but all that ever developed was a platonic friendship which is fine as this person turned out to not be right for me anyway. The biggest changes and issues in my life this past year were career-related and health-related. Go figure. You could argue that Venus rules my 10th but Venus is STILL the planet of love no matter how you look at it. And Sun/Ven (which could mean popularity) to ME always means LOVE. If this friendship was the Universe's idea of LOVE, then the joke was on me! I also had T. Sat station on my Ven/Mar midpoint and squaring my Moon before going direct. I fully expected to feel depressed and almost worried that something might happen to my mother. Instead? I got new clients and well-paying jobs during that short period! Not what I expected.

So I'm just saying.. keep yourself open. You just never know.

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
Hi VenusLady.

Actually, I have underestimated transits in the past, thinking, "Oh, I can handle that."  Also, that Pluto transit, where it squares my Sun-Saturn-Neptune-Midheaven-Mercury in Libra, while opposing my Moon-Uranus in Cancer, is quite a ways off, and not concerning me right now.  Probably the next challenging transit will be Uranus square my Mars-Ascendant. 

I suppose the transits that I have underestimated the most are Neptune transits, with a square or opposition.  I had some real trials with those.  I am looking forward to Neptune trining my Natal Mercury, and sextiling my Natal Mars-Ascendant, as it leaves the square to my Natal Jupiter, and opposition to my Natal Pluto.   

Ah, us Librans.  Always looking for the perfect relationship with the opposite sex.  And while we may appreciate those "Platonic" relationships, we do really want the whole package.  ;D

Have a great day, VenusLady
Ken

Offline VenusLady

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »
Probably the next challenging transit will be Uranus square my Mars-Ascendant.

When Uranus squared my ASC, I moved away from my parents' home for the first time and into the dorms at University. That year, I also fell in love for the first time. (Ura rules my 7th and in all fairness, Pluto was also squ my 5th house ruler and Nep was squ my natal Ven and hovering over my Sun/Moon).

When Uranus squared my Mars, I ended a long-standing relationship and I also moved across the country later that year (Mars rules my 9th and co-rules my 4th house).  

I am looking forward to Neptune trining my Natal Mercury, and sextiling my Natal Mars-Ascendant,
That hasn't happened to me yet.. the trine to Merc - but when Nep trined my Sun, the spiritual side of me blossomed. It's as if a whole new world was revealed to me. Like putting on a pair of magic glasses and seeing the world in a whole different way. It wasn't rose-colored glasses either. It's just that I gradually came to understand the underlying spiritual principles that connect all of humanity. I also became increasingly "psychic". I suspect that since Merc rules one's thoughts and communication, you will probably have some telepathic experiences, learn how to channel maybe, or somehow become more in tune with the "unseen" forces of nature. Your dreams may become more vivid or prophetic (mine did) and so on.. It's kind of exciting actually! :)

Ah, us Librans.  Always looking for the perfect relationship with the opposite sex.  And while we may appreciate those "Platonic" relationships, we do really want the whole package.  ;D
  Yeeeeep.... LOL!

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »
Hi VenusLady.

Well, thanks for that freed back.  Interesting stuff.  Pluto is now transiting my first house, and so I am expecting a lot of "new starts," with old things being torn down, and new things replacing them. 

And it will be nice when Neptune moves on to be in a position where it is not squaring or opposing anything on my Natal chart.  Still have a while to go with Neptune opposite Natal Pluto.

Thanks again for your response.
Ken

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »
Hi all.

Any thoughts on the first conjunction of tranisting Sun to transiting Pluto after Pluto's decisive entrance into Capricorn?  For me, it is the beginning of Pluto transiting the 1st house.  Kind of a trigger experience.  I anticipate Mars also going into Capricorn and conjuncting transiting Pluto on December 28th.  For people with sensitive points on their charts relating to these transits I would expect some significant effects. 

Any thoughts on the effects on the president elect with Venus at 1 degree 47 minutes Cancer?

Ken

MelissaK

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 05:23:07 AM »
Yahoo news has an article slamming the banks that have recieved Billions.  They don't know, or won't tell, where the money went.  What could stink more?

I just impulsively enrolled in a signing class.  I've gradually become very hard of hearing, and it's only getting worse.  I've never seriously considered learning signing.  My Gemini ascendant is affected here.

Pluto in my eighth house make me wonder who is going to die.  Wierd, uncomfortable thought, hey?

I hesitate to consider our President-Elect.  Seems losing his grandmother just before the election would have waited until now.

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »
Hi Melissa.

Sorry about your hearing.  Medical researchers are making tremendous strides in that area of the medical field.  It is getting to the point where technology may allow you to hear without your ears.  Hopefully they will develop something that will completely compensate for your condition.  It is a the Age of Aquarius, after all.

I was curious about the Sun coming conjunct transiting Pluto, as it did, and the effects on people whose charts have that as a sensitive point.  Robert Hand noted in his book, Planets in Transit, which he wrote back in 1976, that the slow moving planets, which are transiting a major point on a Natal chart, are activated in their effects by usually the Sun or Mars.  He said that occasionally Mercury would also act as a trigger, and I personally think that Venus has a triggering effect also, but it is more subtle.  The Sun came to conjunct transiting Pluto early this morning, Mountain Time, and it is still within a one degree orb.  Mars will conjunct transiting Pluto around noon on December 28, a second trigger less than a week later.  So I am keeping an eye on it and curious about the effects on people whose charts have the first couple of degrees of Capricorn as a significant point on their Natal chart.  I am naturally watching the President Elect.

I used to do sign language a long time ago.  Like any language, you forget it if you don't use it.  I used it with severely mentally retarded clients, or mentally handicapped, if you prefer, so that they would have as many different kinds of communication stimuli as possible.  You never know what might work better for one or the other of them.

Thanks for your response.
Ken

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »
Hello Ken and all:

I finally had time to read all of these posts.  This post about Pluto's grand entrance has been read quite a lot.  I was very much in appreciation of Colleen's brave journey in life.  I was also a little surprised that there were not more responses to Ken's Dec 21 question about the Sun's first conjunction with Pluto at the winter's solstice.  I myself participated in a 2 and 1/2 hour group mediation on that day.  It was not intended to be so long, but we all were getting into it, and it was at someone's lovely home in the woods with nothing to hear except the wood crackling in the woodstove and an occasional jaybird outside...maybe someone's stomach rumble.

Also surprising to me, is that no one has mentioned the galactic center alignment.  Back when Pluto was at 27 Sagittarius there were mentions now and then regarding it, but without much as to what that might mean to anyone.  Somewhere in this world there are some people who are very much concentrated on this cosmic event.  The galactic center is of such enormous proportions that 27 Sagittarius perhaps might cover one edge of it.  According to the Mayans, on Dec 21, 2012, the winter (summer down under) solstice Sun will be aligned significantly enough with the center of our galaxy that the Mayans have said that "time will end".  The last time there was such an occurance was about 13,000 yrs ago, one half of one astrological great year ago, when the Sun's summer (winter under) solstice was aligned with the galactic center.  According to scientists, that was an ice age.  I think it is significant that Pluto is transiting to that winter solstice point just four years prior to the Mayan date, sort of setting us up in preparation.  Let those who have ears hear.

If anyone would like to explore this further, there are many books on the subject.  One such researcher is Adrian Gilbert, who is actually a friend of Noel's.  That is no secret, because if you go to Adrian's website there is a link to Noel's site, and when I joined the forum there, Adrian welcomed me and lauded his praises on Noel whom he said was a good friend.

Wishing y'all a late winter solstice turning point.  Now the days get longer again (in our Northern hemisphere of course).  I ate so much over Christmas that my internal temperature was raised and I can turn the heater down in my house.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »
Hi Barbara.

You said:

"The last time there was such an occurance was about 13,000 yrs ago, one half of one astrological great year ago, when the Sun's summer (winter under) solstice was aligned with the galactic center.  According to scientists, that was an ice age."

Interesting, considering the climate has been going wacko for the last few years.  One thing that science has established is that the climate on planet Earth tends to greatly vary over the ages.  Another Ice Age?

Well, Mars, another trigger planet, is going to conjunct transiting Pluto tomorrow.  I would suppose those who have a significant point on their Natal charts of 1 or 2 degrees Capricorn will be feeling the effects, including our President Elect.  Loss of power for 11 hours on his vacation.  What a strange event.

Thanks for that interesting post, Barbara
Ken

MelissaK

On Global Warming
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2008, 06:41:01 AM »
I wonder if our president elect has begun saying, "Oh, Lord!  I'm president!", from saying, "Oh, Lord!!  I'm Pesident!!!"  I feel sorry for the man.  I hope he's able to be open to suggestions from his Grandmother's ghost spirit.

Winter Solstice, 2012?

I saw a late night science special on TV several years ago, that they did not repeat.  It was about the Earth's temperature, and how scientists have been searching for physical records of it's changes, records of the ice ages..

They first drilled little cores into the hearts of our oldest trees, 3,000+ years, and studied the rings.   Then they had Gubbmint help with a ship called the Glomar Challenger that was actually built at huge expense to lift a Soviet submarine that'd sunk in deep Pacific waters.  Once that was done, the scientists were able to get deep cores of sediment to study.  These cores went back to the beginning of the oceans.  Sad that this ship isn't still out there doing science.

That lead to more questions, so they then managed to drill cores to the land under the Anarctic ice, to a place that'd never had snow, but to where the very first snow on Earth began accumulating. (I don't have a timeline for this)

What they found was that the Earth's temperature has bounced.  When the Earth was first formed, it was very hot, moulten.  Then cooling, gasses acumulated, and the atmosphere formed and settled into weather.  There was enough rain to create the oceans.  Hum, lotta rain, that.

So the line on the chart goes down, the Earth kept cooling, until one winter, there was the very first snow at the South Pole.  This cannot be studied at the North Pole, because the North Pole has no landmass, it's a great ice sheet floating over water.

Then the heat slowly began accumulating, and the line on the chart climbed slowly over hundreds, thousands of years.  Until it hit a certain heat, then it dropped into another ice age.

What they further found, once they had enough information, was that the 'bounces' in the heat chart, were getting shorter, just like if you toss a rubber ball onto a hard surface, it'll bounce less and less until it stays still.  Earth is gradually losing it's formation heat from billions of years ago.

What the Earth is now experiencing is a much much much steeper bounce going up than any before.  Just like a curve on a stockmarket chart, the numbers are jagged, but with a steady overall direction, wierdly steep now, and nearly as high as the max of the last bounce.

The bad news is that once this rising temperature average hits a tipping point, a point of no return, it doesn't gradually cool.  It drops very sharply.  Perhaps this alignment in 2012 will create some sort of doorway to the massive black hole that is the center of our galaxy, recently found, that will drain a lot of heat, energy?  A guess on my part.  We have other celestial bodies sheilding us except during this very short time spell, the one break in the Milky Way.

If their calculations are correct, the next ice age will happen in a time span of five years.  From an Earth warm and fairly comfortably predictable, to a wildly cold place with totally different weather.  Human's complicated social structure, mostly our food production, won't possibly adapt.  How much of what you eat is produced within 100 miles of where you live?

Five years. 

So... do we have four years left now to build a place to live that'll sustain us through the  coming insanity, IF this opening and Mayan end of time is the beginning of the drop.  The scientist did not make any prediction about when the five year drop will begin.  But they did say we're very close.

Like I said, this science program was shown one time only, and beginning at eleven at night, competing with some very popular late night programs.  Other science specials are aired many times, so you can catch one showing.  But not this one.

Sigh.  Sorry to get off astrology so far.

Melissa, scared again.

MelissaK

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 06:43:15 AM »
Maybe this new Pluto is why I, and four people I know, were burglerized in the last few days.  ugh.

Offline Ken Haining

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 09:04:17 AM »
Hi Melissa

The problem we humans have is that we think things will continue to be the same.  Astrology reminds us that this is never the case.  A few powerful transits on our Natal charts show that things can really change a lot, and very quickly. 

You are right to point to the food supply as critical in relationship to climate change.  Global warming has actually resulted in longer growing seasons in a lot of the world.  A sudden shift to a colder climate could be quite disastrous.  The increase in technology, as we have entered the Age of Aquarius, is an amazing factor, and food production has been increased through agricultural technological improvements.  However, we cannot ignore the bottom line elements such as the climate.  Some people are under the delusion that technology can solve any problem we have.  However, a serious food shortage can become so critical so fast that there would not be enough time to avoid disaster.

Hopefully things will go better than the worst case scenario with all this climate stuff.  We will have to wait and see.  Pluto in Capricorn may be a time of awakening people to the need to take care of the bottom line structures of human civilization. 

Ken

Offline adol33

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2017, 06:03:06 AM »
Just looking at some of the old posts from back in 2008/2009. What struck me was the number of views of any item, usually at least 2000 to 6000. This particular entry had 13000 views.

As you know, Saturn will be entering Capricorn at the end of 2017. It will also be beyond the 5 degree supporting sextile to Uranus, which historically buoys up the markets. I overlooked this with my last possible stock market crash date. This is the real one coming. Of course, Capricorn related areas such as the property market and pension funds will probably have problems.

That is, if the world doesn't end in 4 days time, according to some numerologists. Wish I could offer them $10,000 now, will pay them in a week, and they give me $1000 in a week if they're wrong... bet there would not be any takers. Like Stephen Hawking said about fatalists, they still keep their eyes open when they cross a busy road.

Offline adol33

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »
Sorry, just realized that that didn't make sense, but you get the drift. Give them $10,000 today to have fun with for 3 days, they give you back $11,000 in a week if they're wrong. Not one would take you up.