Author Topic: Today was the worst day of my life.  (Read 9878 times)

Offline waterbird

Re: Today was the worst day of my life.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »
purple,

If you go to the Menu then select Analytical Techniques, you will find Alice McDermott's Essay there dated April 30, 2009.

Alice is extremely well informed on The Vertex - hopefully you will find her essay helpful.You can download it if you wish.

water bird

Offline saturn

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 09:42:14 PM »
Dear Purple,

I'm sorry for your bad news. But yours is simply another example of the traditional astrology we are taught simply does not work consistently with respect to "predictions". The rules that have been passed down do not work except sporadically and they cannot be trusted. I have seen this over and over when trying to understand things in my own life. Because traditional astrology doesn't know the half of it regarding "predictive" astrology, I came up with a saying that helps me after I have tried to fit the pieces together and they just don't fit. It is, "God can screw you just as easily under good aspects as He can reward you under bad aspects". And vice-versa.

I believe what astrologers do not understand is that transits add energy. But it is not true that a trine always supplies good energy nor does a square always provide negative energy. It is energy, pure and simple. This provided energy then must go through some sort of "circuit" in order to "flow" and thus become active. No circuit, then no flow, and then nothing happens. This is why when you are under a bad Saturn transit, which can last weeks or months, that not every day is bad. Not every day does the Saturn energy get triggered in a negative way. I believe the answer to the whole problem of transits and "predictive" astrology involves the Sun and Mercury (the energy and the "switch" that closes the circuit), along with various planets in close aspect in the proper signs (triplicities and quadruplicities) along with the North Node and the South Node (but the Nodes do not operate at the same time - one or the other is and must be in the circuit, and depending on which one it is will the event be positive (North Node) or negative (South Node)). There is a lot to understand and I can't help you much more than what I have expressed because I am still trying to chase it all down myself. It is no small job, as you must know.

Offline saturn

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »
This is my chart. I am really discouraged after all of this and I am questioning how valid astrology really is.

Astrology is valid, but predictive astrology as commonly taught is full of so many holes it's worse than Swiss cheese. Here is what I think is going on for you right now. I think the South Node (SN) is messing you up. Why? Because transiting (t.) Uranus in Pisces is square your natal (n.) Neptune and n. SN in Sagittarius. T. Jupiter is pulled in because he is in the same sign as t. Uranus and he is also square your n. SN. Because your n. Uranus is also in Sagittarius, he is being pulled in for the ride (planets in the same sign operate together when that sign is activated), as is t. Mars also in Sagittarius (t. Mars thus afflicts n. Uranus because it is a negative energy chain that has formed). It is t. Mercury within 3-degree to n. SN (and t. Jupiter) that is closing the switch, thus completing the circuit. T. Mercury is getting his "extra" energy for the circuit because your n. Mercury and n. Sun are within 3-degrees of each other (the sign would not matter because we are talking about energy, not the flow of energy). Be aware that a t. planet can pass whatever energy he gets from the circuit to his n. counterpart - and vice-versa. This is what I believe is the basis of how transits really work.

Note, too, that t. Pluto and t. SN are opposite within 3-degrees of each other. I suspect that n. SN as part of the first circuit mentioned passes along energy to t. SN, which opposes t. Pluto and afflicts n. Mars (part of this negative energy chain), thus making things worse. Note that the t. Sun supplies extra energy to t. Saturn (with 3-degrees) and that t. Saturn, n. Pluto, and n. Saturn are all in Libra, which is part of the same cardinal cross the afflicting planets, t. Pluto and t. SN, are in. So they join in, too (t. SN to t. Pluto to n. Pluto to n. Saturn and t. Saturn - n. Pluto and n. Saturn are now negative because the t. SN is passing its negativity to t. Pluto which feeds it to n. Pluto and away you go).

Well, perhaps this gives you some insight into why you don't just have good planets seemingly in operation on this bad day.

Offline jon layton

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 05:00:39 AM »
Purple,

Your life is changing!I don't think it's a question of how valid astrology is. How valid is your life, what do you want? I cry too(and have on this forum) but you have to recognize you are going through changes and opportunity is knocking at your door to help you get what you want!

The Solar Arc Jupiter stuff, and transiting Jupiter on the Descendant all that means is you are going to have plenty of opportunities for people/teachers to come into your life and expand(Jupiter) your horizons and change(Uranus) your life!

Your life is changing it doesn't matter if you know it or not(you might want to pay attention though)!

Cheers Purple!

Jon