Author Topic: Syria/ Bashar al-Assad  (Read 38291 times)

Offline Isaac Starkman

Syria/ Bashar al-Assad
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
Protests erupt throughout Syria despite concessions offered by Assad in an attempt to placate a month long wave of unrest challenging his 11 year rule.
Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, was born in Damascus on 11 September 1965, birth tine unknown. Using 15 events I rectified his chart to 16.43.24 EEDT Asc 7Aqu22'.
In his current solar return, Saturn exactly on MC but the next solar return is more ominous: Pluto on MC squaring rising Uranus.
Syria's independence is set for 16 September 1941. According to Campion the proclamation took place during the day. My rectification is 10.24.28 EET Asc 26 Scorpio, though I can't be sure at the moment for this time.
In the current lunar return Saturn rising, Pluto on IC, Mars & Uranus setting.
In the converse lunar return, Uranus on MC, Neptune setting.

james m

Re: Syria/ Bashar al-Assad
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
the chart i have for syria is based in damascus -sept 16 1941 and a 12pm time in the absence of anything more specific..  this chart is cited in campions book of world horoscopes.. campion goes on to say " the final evacuation of british and french troops from syria on 17 april 1946 has been reported in reference works as the date marking final de facto independence, but contemporary reports made no such connection"... if 12pm sept 16/41- then early cardinal 1 degree libra on the midheaven which puts t uranus in the 4th indicating the great tension and instability the people feel at this time.. this is amplified with solar arc mars at 2 cancer squaring onto the same midheaven and t uranus... further to this saturn transit getting ready to move forward over natal mercury at 14 libra is right where solar arc pluto is at the moment - 14 libra.... an increasingly difficult situation is unfolding in syria that will become that much more apparent when saturn reaches 14 libra, regardless of my using a 12 pm time for the inception of syria.. this confluence - saturn t at 14, conjunct natal mercury and the solar arc pluto is set for late august this year...

maz - i don't use ingress charts... do you have a way of progressing the chart to get the pluto exact conj the ascendant? if so, when does this timing happen?  using the baath party chart you offer, i see t saturn is also close to going over the descendant at 13 libra 39.. this is close to the 14 libra focal point i mention in my notes above... the pluto station in mid sept hits on the rising moon in the baath party as well...  thanks for the data and comments...

isaac - thanks for your comments on the syrian chart here...

james m

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:07:49 PM »
max, thanks for these additional comments...

if you get a chance, pick up a book called 'mundane astrology' by michael baigent, nicholas campion and charles harvey... in this book they go into great detail on the use of different types of techniques for predicting world events and they also give a very good background on the use of these same techniques historically...

on page 242 a mini chapter titled "the case against ingresses, lunations and eclipses" articulates some of my own thoughts on ingress charts.. further on at page 244 a mini chapter titled "the case for ingresses, lunations and eclipses" covers some really interesting work and research that has been done with the use of these types of charts.... all in all, it is a great book worth studying if you are into this sort of stuff - the study of nations thru the use of astrology..

with regard to the aries ingress chart set for damascus - march 21 2011, 1:20:43 am with 7 cap rising 27 which is the degree and minutes that i get - pluto is 3 minutes out of being exact conj the ascendant which clearly puts pluto in focus for this chart and suggests the desire on the part of the gov't to maintain it's grip on power at any cost... at the same time we see saturn at 14 libra 57 - the same spot i was highlighting in my earlier post...

the mundane astrology book discusses the work of a person e.h. troinski a berlin astrologer in very glowing terms with regard to his research on ingress, lunations and ecliipse charts..  the book shares some general observations that troinski makes with regard to these charts.. here is an example "saturn or uranus in the 10th or 4th with the sun in one of the four angular houses signifies fall or overthrow of the governments, revolutions; changes of government;beginnings of new historical periods; death of leaders..."  the only way this present aries ingress chart would apply is if one used an equal or whole house system...otherwise this wouldn't apply... i have no idea what house system trionski used...  

a heavy focus on the 8th house with planets within it is an indication of war, most particularly if sun, mars, and jupiter are all in the 8th....

troinski has 12 different groupings and offers a good overview on how to read an ingress, eclipse or lunation chart for a country... i am not sure how much research has been done off his work and when this book was written troinski's work hadn't been translated out of german..

the partial solar eclipse chart set for damascus is july 1 2011, 10:53:54am has 29 virgo 01 rising degree.. this puts the grand cross on close to the angles in the cardinal houses... i suppose we can only watch and wonder how the unraveling of syria develops as things move forward... it certainly doesn't look promising for syria at this point and some sort of civil war is a distinct possibility...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:09:23 PM by james m »

james m

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
hi maz,
i have been meaning to comment but haven't until now - just wasn't sure where to start.. i shy away from ingress charts, but i will take a look at the aries 2012 that you are curious about.. the data for this chart is 715am march 20 2012 damascus.. it could be argued that the first, 12th and 6th are dominant houses here.. jupiter/venus rising in taurus suggests a possible positive change in the environment for the nation given this 1st house set up.. however the sun in the 12th with saturn in the 6th would seem to be suggestive of difficultly reflecting the leader of the nation - sun - stuck in the 12th and opposed by sign with saturn in the 6th...

i am still curious on the dynamic off the sept 16th 1941 chart and the area of time around aug 25th where t saturn -square mars hits onto natal mercury in this national chart.. 14 libra and change is where solar arc pluto sits at present as well.. solar arc saturn in this chart is almost exact 45 to the natal sun which is also suggestive of a possible end to assads ruler-ship... one can dream! lets see where things are the end of august and consider some of these other charts in an ongoing way as we are doing.. i am not sure what has to happen for the leadership in syria to be replaced... same deal libya, and some of these other arab spring countries that are all seeking an end to the dictatorship and ruthless rule... the same goes for the folks in palestine too, but for that it is even more opaque...

james m

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
it is interesting how just yesterday obama and other european leaders came out demanding assad step down...
see nyt and "U.S. and Allies Say Syria Leader Must Step Down"

i was looking at aug 25th area for something to come out... assad's birthdate is sept 11th 65.. those nasty planets in virgo/pisces that run across his chart will be activated with the passage of sun into virgo as well...

james m

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
hi maz,
thanks for your comments here.. the present situation in syria is untenable.. assad's leadership also seems very untenable..

while i admire isaac starkman's work towards finding a birth time for assad, i think the 4:43:24 pm has to remain very tentative. i would not base a prediction off this chart. i do agree assad is in self denial. it is foolish for him to think he can continue at this point but on he seems to go.. i recall mubarak saying and doing something similar until all of a sudden he 'let go'.. perhaps it will be more difficult for a virgo then a taurus, but i doubt it.. maybe he isn't under the same type pressure as mubarak, but it seems he is..

as for the relationships between syria and iran and etc. etc., i suppose the same could be said for other countries working very hard to destabilize syria, as opposed to wanting to help syria.. it took a while for some in the international community to finally come out and say something.. i always find that revealing..

james m

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »
the syrian situation is building and showing no signs of it ending.. at least this is my impression.. it is rather interesting how much is centered around the city of hama until one reads up on the history and notes the massacre of feb 2-28 1982 in this city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hama_massacre

as a consequence of this and a desire to understand astrologically where this is headed i did a 12 pm - noon start date for the feb 2 1982 massacre and looked for connections to the 2 charts i have for syria - sept 16 1941 and april 17 1946... both charts are set for noon at the location of damascus..

i am drawn to the position of saturn in the massacre chart for a few reasons.. saturn in close contact to pluto does suggest a tough dynamic.. with saturn at the mars/pluto midpoint the idea of horrific aggression of this kind does seem to be centered on this trio of planets in libra from 17 - to 27 degree approx with saturn at 22 libra..  i was curious to look at bashar assad's fathers chart which happens to be oct 6 1930.. i have no specific data for him either so have drawn up a noon chart for Qardaha.. this is a village in northwestern Syria, in the mountains overlooking the coastal town of Latakia..

indeed bashars father  - hafaz al assad has a close mars/pluto/jupiter conj  in cancer from 18-23 degrees specifically which is being activated by this same saturn at 22 in the massacre chart..

when one looks at the 2 charts above for syria one immediately sees connections to 22 libra.. these are - the mars at 23 aries in the 1941 chart and the jupiter at 21 aries in the 1946 chart.. jupiter is in opposition to sun in the 1946 chart which to my thinking can come out in very over the top type actions on the part of the person or country represented by such an opposition. jupiter oppositions overdue things.. it is jupiter in hard aspect essentially.. this jupiter-sun opp in the 46 chart squares onto mars/saturn conj in cancer which happens to be right where hafaz al assads close mars/pluto/jupiter conjunction is located..

the one other outstanding feature of the 1941 chart is the close square of mars at 23 aries to moon at 22 cancer..

thus i see the likelihood for saturn transit to 22 libra as being another turning point in syrian dynamics given how the massacre of 1982 happened with saturn at 22 libra and how this degree of 22 cardinal hits both charts that i have for syria..

how does this particular degree of 22 libra tie in to bashar al-assads chart becomes another question.. bashars pluto/midheaven midpoint is at 20 libra and might indicate a desire on his part to put some definitive stamp of control and power onto what has happened this past 1/2 year or more.. 22 libra is exactly 22.30 degrees away from his natal mars at 14 scorpio 22 which for anyone interested in 16th harmonic aspect series would suggest a hardening of his attitude towards those seeking change in some aggressive military type action.. at least that is one possible expression of a saturn transit to mars in scorpio.. bashars mars is almost exactly 135 jupiter natally.. transiting saturn bearing down on  bashars mars/jupiter connection will be similar to what his father's transits were for the timing of the hama massacre of feb 1982, if one can appreciate 16th harmonic aspects..or, here is another way - mars/jupiter midpoint is 6 virgo 41.. saturn at 22 libra is essentially 45 degrees from this midpoint which to a cosmobiologist is an  indirect hit or a hit off the 8th harmonic series aspects..

also, bashars sun/midheaven midpoint is 21 libra 44 which is even closer and one where a persons authority and position is highlighted...

as you can see, i am just writing as i go thru these astro observations trying to make light of the light at the end of the tunnel for where it would seem syria is clearly headed.. the fact syria is the only country of all the arab countries to commit such a horrific act such as this massacre from 1982 doesn't especially bode well for how things are going to end for the syrians, or for bashar al-assad for that matter...

what his father was able to do back in the early 80's he will be hard pressed to try to do and get away with in 2011..

i wish every success to the syrian people and think late oct 31st area of this year is another turning point in the syrian peoples move towards greater freedom and autonomy..

james m

Re: Syria/ Bashar al-Assad - 16th harmonic data
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »
i would just like to add that in reflecting on my post from yesterday the father and son's mars are tied together via a 16th harmonic aspect - 22.30 series... this is - bashers mars at 14 scorpio 22 and fathers mars at 22 cancer 47 approx( day chart used)... distance from one to the other is 111 degrees 35 minutes........... 90 degree + 22.30 = 112.30...

on these same lines it got me to thinking of the saturn at 22 libra 14 in the hama massacre event chart for feb 2 1982 noon chart.. if as it often thought the aries point is a sort of world ascendant axis or something to that effect then a 16th harmonic off the aries point would bring us to 22 libra 30 and suggest a tie in to the world ascendant and a direct saturn transit to this point... fodder for those interested in these types of ideas...........

Offline Jamie Partridge

• Darkstar Astrology
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 03:23:30 AM »
Hi strangers, I just posted about Syria and linked to this thread in the comments, specifically Isaac's rectification for Bashar al-Assad. One of our readers is an Arabic astrologer who is going to ask around his contacts to see if there is any idea about his birth time. Another chart which is in Campion's book is for the Assad regime which is really interesting because it has Regulus on the MC, which will be transited by Mars in a couple of weeks, with Neptune Chiron transiting the IC. Adding this chart and a link to my post.  http://darkstarastrology.com/syria-horoscope-revolution-2011/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:26:48 AM by Jamie Partridge »

james m

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
hi jamie, Where is the astrology?  --Policy over many years to keep the peace here: no essays about politics, religion, or sexual fantasy can be presented.
the astrology is in the date of oct 31st at the bottom of this post which is what i was giving as a prediction in my previous post here on syria.. as it turns out the date was a turning point in syrian dynamics that i mentioned in my previous post of early sept... for the astrology behind this, see my previous post... thanks..

thanks for stopping by and chiming in..
i made this comment in my post on sept 2nd  "i wish every success to the syrian people and think late oct 31st area of this year is another turning point in the syrian peoples move towards greater freedom and autonomy.."

looks like things have ratcheted up in syria the past little while coinciding with the end of oct.. lets see what the fallout is into november...

"Assad held an inconclusive meeting on Wednesday with Arab ministers seeking to end the violence by mediating a dialogue between him and his opponents and pushing for political reforms.

The Arab League had urged both sides to agree to a dialogue within two weeks - a deadline that looms on Monday(oct 31st)" ...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:51:02 PM by james m »

Offline Jamie Partridge

• Darkstar Astrology
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
Good prediction James. It was the news reports last night about tanks and jets being used on civilians which made me want to research the charts and post. Sounds similar to what got things rolling in Libya.

Where is the astrology?  --Policy over many years to keep the peace here: no essays about politics, religion, or sexual fantasy can be presented.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:15:18 PM by Noel Tyl »

james m

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 05:37:37 PM »
thanks jamie,    Where is the astrology?  --Policy over many years to keep the peace here: no essays about politics, religion, or sexual fantasy can be presented.
this was a response to jamies post and i am asking jamie for his astro insights at the bottom... if you find something offensive in what i have said here, i would be curious for you to point it out.. my comments stem from my earlier comments on the charts for syria that i am taking into consideration when i say all this... thanks!

i think the situation in syria is very different then libya for a number of reasons politically.. the situation the citizens of both countries, are or were in is very similar though... one big difference is libya has a lot of oil, unlike syria.. perhaps i sound cynical but the idea of bringing democracy to places where dictatorships have had long standing approval from these same world powers in general must raise the question why is it possible to go into libya, but not syria.. for that i think one needs to understand the relationships in the mid east a bit better..

i doubt syria is going to have no fly zones imposed from a un mandate in the next little while..  unfortunately, i think the syrian people are going to be on their own in some respects for a longer extent in this time frame.. i am not sure where the turning point is, but it is coming.. something else might set this off and while it is fun to read the western media portray certain players in this neck of the woods as the bad guys and others as the good guys, i don't this really gets at the more complicated dynamic that syria is in, which libya was not in the same way..

let us know what you think is going to happen in the short/long term using whatever charts or tools at your disposal.. i am going to comment after this bump up in interest in a few weeks time perhaps..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:54:38 PM by james m »

james m

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
dear maz,

here's what i see using the baath party chart for feb 23 1966 8am damascus..

using this chart, the angles of midheaven 8 cap 15 and ascendant 13 aries 39 come under intense pressure over the next few years as this is where the uranus/pluto square transits to very shortly...
i think the first critical spot is dec 22nd area... this has t mars exactly opp natal saturn, while t pluto is almost exact 45 natal neptune, and t neptune is exact 45 natal ascendant... perhaps UN sanctions are implied seeing as the 8th house neptune is involved...

the next spot of concern to me would be the new moon jan 23rd area when pluto finally hits the midheaven exact, while saturn makes an exact conjunction to natal venus.. fwiw, natal venus in this chart is not retrograde as you had mentioned in the post that is no longer here on the board...

my earlier projections for the end of october were based off some historical observations to a couple of charts that seemed to suggest  22 libra area is a critical spot for a saturn transit..

james m

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
another date to consider is july 29 2011, the date that is said to initiate 'the free syria army' via a video... more info can get gotten via wikipedia and in the absence of a start time i have used noon..

james m

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »
 i have 3 or 4 charts for syria.. marjorie orr has had some success in the past with the chart for 1944.. the one i have for 1944 is jan 1 0:00am 13 libra 19 ascendant. a quick look at the transits to this chart highlight the mercury retro we are presently experiencing which went retro at about 20 sag back on nov 24th.. this is a 3rd house transit opposite natal saturn at 22 gemini... on nov 27th - yesterday - the arab league imposed sanctions on syria which is a first and suggests the friendship that assad and syria have had with the arab league is coming to an end or being challenged... this appears to be a reversal of fortunes for assad which implies increased pressure on him as well. the nov 27th data coincides with transiting sun opp the mars/uranus conjunction in the jan 1 1944 chart also indicating a surprise reversal of sorts and connected directly to the 3rd/9th axis as well which would signify this organization and the friendship it tries to continue to have with assad..

at this time minor progression data to the jan 1 1944 0:00am chart we see a new moon opposite natal pluto at this time.. solar arc data highlight asc at 22 sag 05, opp natal saturn, while sa midheaven is at 23 virgo 16 - just past 45 to natal pluto at 8 leo 11.. all in all these are important directions which continue to suggest major change and a time of  real hardship for syria more generally.. the key transit as i see it to the chart is the transit of approaching pluto to sun at 9 capricorn 21.. t neptune 135s ascendant to this 1944 chart exactly at present as well..

syria might witness even greater upheaval close to the new moon jan 23/2012.. this new moon includes an important station of mars at 23 virgo - square 1944 chart natal saturn and exact 45 natal pluto which will also be highlighted in this new moon chart via opposition.. at the same time the solar arc angles will be highlighted already as mentioned in addition to this station of mars..this time frame suggests a major turnover of some sort.. and of course the t pluto is very close to natal sun - exact in march, while the mars turns direct in april 14th, a day after the first quarter that sees a waxing opp between sun/saturn as well.  the mars station sits uncomfortably in assads chart given the virgo/pisces opposition which highlights his chart..
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:55:41 AM by james m »