Author Topic: Modern Wars & Jupiter in Taurus  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Sammy

Modern Wars & Jupiter in Taurus
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
     It seems like Jupiter was in Taurus when we had World War I, World War II(not necessarily after we entered those two), Korean War, and Vietnam.   

We are presently involved on three fronts.  Do you all think that we get out of two and give more emphasis to the third one?

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Modern Wars & Jupiter in Taurus
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Hi Sammy:

I waited to post this because my comment will not have much support behind it, but I wrote an article awhile back on the discovery of the caves at Lascaux in France in 1940 which coincided with Hitler's army overrunning that country.  I haven't printed it anywhere because it lacked some direction, but it spooked me out while I wrote it, because the cave's main feature is a beautiful bull which many archeoastronomers agree represents the constellation Taurus, with Aldeberan clearly marked at its eye.  Hitler's "afflicted" planets were Venus and Mars in Taurus.

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to revisit those things. I started working on Hitler's chart, particularly the measurements during the time he held his niece captive and, I believe, murdered her.  Maybe I have some karmic connections to all that….but in general, war makes me sick, so I'd rather not go there too often.

I think you might have more thoughts on this than you are sharing here.  This forum has been a little quiet lately, but if you proffer some more substance on the topic, you will probably get some responses from people.  I'm interested.

My question would be…what is it about Taurus that could be associated with war?  Is it the need to acquire wealth, the need to establish land acquisition (then why not Cancer?); as in Hitler's regime it was the need to purify the human race ( all the way to Scorpio on the devil's tail).  Taurus seems innocent enough until you realize Scorpio is involved, its lowest being the snake.  The snake has always been associated with evil, but also with transformation and power.  You can't have power without battling the evil forces for it (because they notice it and become jealous), or you can join them and become evil yourself…which is what Hitler did. 

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Barbara Ybarra

Offline Patti

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
I am interested, too -- please continue to post on this topic.  I always wondered about the "karmic" dimension of this, "unearthing" past disputes. 

--Patti

Offline Lopaka

• Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 04:41:36 AM »
Sammy,

Please expand on this  theme. Barbara suggests that you have something else in mind, I suspect she's right.

A quick scan through  history shows that the Jupiter-Taurus connection is lacking for the Civil War, the War of 1812, the Mexican American War, and Gulf-One, but that may not mean much. The last three were all quick "in-and-out" efforts, unlike your examples. It may be that Jupiter, the planet of expansiveness, presents itself in longer term conflicts. With this in mind, I also point out that the Civil War was an internal struggle, also unlike your examples.

Taurus, governed by Venus, doesn't seem too war like, does it? But mythologically Venus married Hephaestus, who forged Achilles' Shield, and she had an affair with Mars. The Zulu and Cartheginian battle tactics each used a "bull" theme by name and deployment, with the horns spreading out to enfold the flanks of the opposing armies and ultimately taking them from the rear. It worked well, with a notable exception at Roarke's Drift in the Natal. Bull fights were national sports in the Spanish and Portugese territories,  Crete had its own form, and Bull baiting was quite popular in the Britain and elsewhere in Eurpoe.

Interesting...
The law, in its infinite wisdom, forbids the rich as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
                    -Anatole France

Offline Sammy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:29:02 AM »
Barbara,

They say that Jupiter usually prefers to move quickly following its impulses and doesn't really enjoy meeting obstacles.  In the sign of Taurus it is usually forced to slow the pace leading to disappointments

So it seems that those that had thoughts about it speculate that there must be more to what was said.   None of us can connect the sign of Taurus with war however we would like to connect the dots.

Most of us Americans only pay attention to geocentric astrology
and maybe a little bit of heliocentric but almost none of us look into the sidereal ephemeris.  As far as Jupiter is concerned in sidereal, it always runs a year behind so while we are looking at Jupiter in Taurus for these wars, sidereal still has Jupiter in Aries(ruled by Mars planet of war).

Jupiter in Taurus started June 4, 2011 & runs to June 11, 2012.  Sidereal Jupiter in ARIES started May 11, 2011 and runs to May 20, 2012.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:37:54 AM »
Sammy:

Interesting point;  I'm glad you posted that.

I sometimes have consultations with people who have had vedic readings which are sidereal.  Then they ask me why the differences.  Those with different geocentric Moon signs usually relate more to the geocentric nature.  But I don't tell them that the sidereal is incorrect, only a different system.  I know there are Western siderealists as well.

Aries is warlike, as is Mars, but then, the early Americans and other indigenous peoples believed that Venus was the predictor of war.  Venus had two natures, the rising and the setting, the east and the west, the agreeable and the disagreeable.  Venus lived in a triad with the Sun and the Moon, as was just as powerful.  In a geocentric position, if Jupiter is disposited by Venus, perhaps we should see what Venus is doing.

Barbara Ybarra

james m

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
here is a different take just for fun...

jupiter is a fire planet... when it gets put in an earth sign it doesn't operate as well.. one possible result is their is less optimism and positiveness which can lead to ''war'', as opposed to not - a depression if you will which according to some means the need for war.. on the other hand it would support a more cautious approach too, which i don't think war is.. on the other hand jupiter in a fire sign has all the strengths associated with jupiter operating more spontaneously which would include the uplifting and positive traits of jupiter..

in a diurnal chart the general thinking is jupiter above the horizon line works better then one below..  jupiter is considered a duirnal planet along with the sun and saturn.. astrologers have ignored this approach to getting at a better understanding of the planets, but i am tossing it out for consideration..

barbara thanks for articulating some of the astro on venus and war which is also another aspect to astrology long forgotten.. when venus is rising ahead of the sun it is considered more warlike, but when setting after the sun it is the opposite... planets rising ahead or behind the sun operate differently... most astrologers today are more preoccupied with what sign or house a planet is in, then with it's relationship to the sun, as a rising or setting planet...  for more info on this a google search will probably help.. venus as morning star, verses venus as evening star.....

i don't believe one planet can define mans inclination to war, but i suppose it is fun to try to find a signature that shows up regularly... the fact is mankind is plagued with war on such a regular basis one has to look for something other then 1 planet in 1 sign to describe it.. i think this approach of finding a magic bullet to explain war is silly astrology..   going on to use it to help decide which zodiac to use is a continuation of that as i see it...