Author Topic: Peter Falk  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Peter Falk
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
Hello:

I know James K Williams has a post on Peter Falk for Alzheimer's in the medical astrology area, but I wanted to honor Mr. Falk by posting his name here since he has now passed on.

I like a 1:20 am-ish birth time for Peter (Sept 16, 1927 in New York City) because it places Pluto about 3 degrees from his ASC and the Jupiter-Uranus-Mercury-Mars set at his MC-IC at Aries Point, with the MC about 3 degrees from the Mercury-Mars.  Peter lost his eye to surgery when he was about 3 years of age, and it affected his life in many ways…ultimately to serve him in his roles as an actor.  It seems like a good chart all around for him.  A Moon in Taurus exactly squared by Neptune better explains his need to draw and paint.  His  artwork of women is beautifully visceral.  The Moon-Neptune also fits his Columbo character very well, which he himself described once as a person who looked like " a drowning victim".

There are other reasons to support the birth time I chose, but I won't go into them all.

Peter's onset of Alzheimer's apparantly began in 2007 but it was in 2009 that it was made public.  Pluto at that time was square to his natal Mercury-Mars, and it had already squared the opposing Uranus in the set.  I have a notion that the Alzheimer and dementia category is fairly large, just like the autism-spectrum disorder is large.  It includes all the more specific types of mental-chemical disorders.  With these configurations it has its own profile.

The Mercury-Mars-Uranus-Jupiter at AP is particularly pointy, or prickly, if I may say so.  The thinking would be very sure of itself, quite opinionated.  The character Columbo, which made Peter Falk truly famous, was built on Columbo's ability to ferret out the truth by following the path of least resistance, with little zaps of lightning.  He played that part to a tee.
That configuration might also be a person's downfall if there is no allowance for variation in one's course of thinking.  Persistent knocking will get an answer, but unlike a televison script, it may not always be the right one, and then the frustration sets in.  The question arises "how could I be wrong?"   And then in old age it goes something like "I'm not wrong, the world is wrong".  And then nothing makes sense anymore.

If it is a Neptune-Mercury story, then it is a different scenario.

But this post is about Peter Falk.  He was an amazing person in many ways, an athlete, an adventurer, a comic, an artist, an actor.  His horoscope is certainly worth studying.

If anyone has ideas or knowledge of his birth time, please post.

Barbara Ybarra

Offline Halina

Re: Peter Falk
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Hi Barb, Interesting study.  For his 1st marriage event shown below, natal inside, then Solar Arcs, then transits for April 17, 1960, I am not getting any
notable hits using your rectified chart.
     For his 2nd marriage, in the triwheel, I'm  getting Solar Arc Moon conj natal Ascendant.
     For his death, in a triwheel, nothing to the angles, but Trans Saturn is conj Solar Arc Pluto at 10Libra30.  Possibly, we could change the IC degree to 10Li30 and retest the marriage events.
     However, using your chart, the Lunar Returns for the 3 events look very good.  For 1st Marriage, LR Uranus conjunct 7th.
For the 2nd marriage, LR Neptune, ruler of 7th, 4 degrees from IC.    For the Death event, LR Neptune, ruler 8th of Death conjunct Descendant.
     Maybe Isaac could verify your chart.  If these triwheels are too big, change the zoom level to 75% instead of 100%.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:00:41 PM by Halina »

Offline Halina

Using Name In Rectification
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
     The name PETER can be divided thus;  P  ete  R, where P vibrates to Libra and R vibrates to Aries.  Thus his IC/MH is Libra/Aries.
e vibrates to Mercury, so look for Mercury angular which it is in this chart.  R vibrates to Mars so look for it angular.  Yes Merc-Mars are both angular at the IC, which is why his Mom named him Peter, due to the vibrations the child was giving her.  This ideas come from DELL MaGAZINES SECTION ON PEOPLES NAMES.  T vibrates to Pisces, whose ancient ruler is Jupiter, seen at the MC in his chart.
     Each letter of the alphabet has a corresponding astrological sign and a corresponding planet.  So whenever you are starting a rectification, look at the person's first name or nickname, determine whether most of the letters are mutable or cardinal or fixed.  If mutable, then either axis 1-7 will be mutable or axis 10-4 will be mutable.  Once you have determined one of 2 possible angular axis, then you can get the 2nd axis easily.   Check  your Asc and MC with events, Lunar Returns, facial features, body build etc.  This is the easiest way to rectify a chart instead of buying expensive computer rectification programs.
     Next time you go to the corner store, leaf through Dell Horoscope and see if they still do NAMES.  This way you will have the sign and planet belonging to each of the 26 letters of the alphabet.
     In the name Peter above we can also divide it thusly  P ee T R.  Why the double e?  e corresponds to Mercury.  The second e corresponds to Uranus
which is the higher octave of Mercury.   And where do we find Uranus in this chart?  Angular conjunct the MH!!!!!!
Some planets have a higher octave.  They are Merc/Uranus, Venus/Neptune, Mars/Pluto, Even Pluto, Mars high octave is on an angle.
After many years of research I have found that a person's first name usually vibrated to the MH/IC axis.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:57:19 AM by Halina »

Offline Isaac Starkman

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »
Barbara: I absolutely agree with you that he has Cancer rising. Using 15 events I rectified it to 0.24.16 EDT Asc7Can15'.
His epoch chart is casting for 19 Dec 1926 20.32.04 EST Asc 18Leo10' Moon 7Can13'.
In his radix, Venus exactly 180 MC, heliocentric Venus in 10th conjunct Jupiter (both geo and helio) sextile Moon- immense popularity. Vertex 180 Moon. Neptune, ruler of MC in Leo.
Mercury conjunct Mars in opposition to Uranus squaring Asc- seems to fit more to losing his eye.
In his epoch, Neptune rising in Leo. Venus, ruler of MC in 5th  trine MC conjunct Vertex. Moon and Node sextile MC. Mercury conjunct Saturn in opposition to helio Mars- lost eye.

In his last solar return Neptune on MC, SN conjunct radical Asc.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:49:10 PM by Isaac Starkman »

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:18:19 AM »
Thank you both for posting.  Halina, I didn't test the chart I drew, except generally, but I see what you mean.  Thank you, Isaac, for your work! I will draw the 7Cancer rising and check it out.   

Halina, that's very interesting about names.  I've never done that.  Hebrew letters are connected to the tarot through the Qabalah and the tree of life, and thus to the astrological representations of forces. 

Barbara Ybarra