Author Topic: Book: The New A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator  (Read 7161 times)

Offline Halina

Book: The New A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:46 AM »
    The revised book above has totally omitted the section on "Sports Forecasting".  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:27:53 AM by Halina »

Offline DaveR

• New Insight Astrology
Re: Book: A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 08:29:51 AM »
Halina, which edition contains the sports forecasting information?

Offline Halina

Re: Book: A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
Hi Dave, I don't know which edition has the sports forecasting as I don't have the book.  Hopefully someone with the edition will respond.  I ordered the latest edition for around $30, only to find there is absolutely nothing in it about sports forecasting.
The Revised & Expanded Edition has absolutely NOTHING re sports forecasting.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:17:35 AM by Halina »

Offline Halina

The OLD A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
Hi Dave  You want the Hardcover edition which has 813 pages.  You dont want the 1981 edition which only has 592 pages.  This is when they started leaving things out like the Sports Prediction section.  The 1968 edition is OK, it has 813 pages, also the 1978 edition still has 813 pages.  You don't want the NEW A to Z which was printed in mid 70's to 2000 and is missing 300 pages.  And of course the NEW EXPANDED edition has no sports prediction in it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:23:15 PM by Halina »

Offline DaveR

• New Insight Astrology
Re: Book: The New A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:58:45 AM »
Wow.. Thank you you Halina.  I will check it out.  The sports astrology is interesting with so many opportunities to test.

rj_smith

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
   The revised book above has totally omitted the section on "Sports Forecasting".  

Dear Forum:

I happen to own the 1978 edition of A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator. It was given to me as a surprise present on my 19th birthday by my Sun in Taurus father.  The hardcover version contains a white cover with blue diamonds and letters, very distinctly made. It came with Mr. George's detailed list of sports horary rules on predicting sports events, as explained earlier... Llewellyn also used two sample event charts to explain these rules. One was a Rose Bowl football game, the other was a horse-racing match (the Preakness, or Kentucky Derby, as I recall).

I am not sure whether this section was part of the original manuscript of Jan, 1928, or written later.  You literally need a scorecard to keep up with all of the changes made to this book...

I am very concerned that Llewellyn George's 'cutting edge' section on the rules of sports astrology got deleted from the current A to Z edition.

It was a stupid move, in my view, and a grave insult to both the original author (Llewellyn George, apparently, a very avid sports fan who practiced astrology all of his life in America, but was born in Wales) and also, to hundreds of sports astrologers around the world !

I wonder what Llewellyn George, himself, would have thought of this shameful editing and would he have approved of it, were he still alive today (he died in the 1950's). From what little I knew of Mr. George, he probably would have been very pissed off about this latest editing...

You know, I am currently writing a book on horary astrology and take note, when this thing gets finally published, no publisher will be able to f*ck with my original manuscript.  Even after death, I will make sure that my daughter and lawyer enforces the contract with the publisher, so that they DON'T do a 'Llewellyn George' on ME, too ! LOL

If anything else, they should have left this section, alone, for its historical value. But maybe the current editor (Stephenie Clement ?) doesn't 'like' sports or she doesn't quite understand horary astrology... There are many well-educated astrologers from academia... who are quite learned, but they dislike sports and also, horary astrology, as well ?  I won't mention names, but they know who they are !

Frankly, I have yet to see ANY astrology text that deals with the subject of sports astrology rules, as well as Llewellyn George's work, first published in 1928.  He basically invented these rules. Until someone can show me otherwise, George is the 'pioneer' of this technique (sports astrology).

But then, I have only been a student of astrology for 36 years...Maybe someone else can tell us who else wrote a book on the rules of sports astrology, prior to 1928. I have read the books of both Lilly and Bonanno and there is nothing mentioning sports at all...

R.J. Smith
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:03:12 PM by R.J. Smith »

Offline Halina

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:01 AM »
Hi R.J., I agree with you whole heartedly re the omission of George Llewellyns great works.  Nice comment.  I believe Lilly has a section on how to judge a contest or war....just a minute while I zip into my astrology library....yes, here it is...page 641 of Lilly's Christian Astrology, Book Three, where Lilly describes...."whether the native shall overcome or be overcome by his adversaries"... not exactlly sports astrology but I use these rules for contests between 2 opponents,
     Yes, when you write your book, please include a chapter on your good ideas re judging a winner of a sports contest.
By the way, I investigated the contest between Ottawa at Toronto Leafs, last nite.  Drew up 2 charts, one for 7pm, game start.  Put this on a 90degree dial for midpoints and used Munkaseys strongest midpoint.  For 7pm, Toronto had Sun, ruler 1st=Jupiter/Pluto...creative power and Venus, ruler 10th=Saturn/Pluto..hard struggles for success.
On the other hand, Ottawa had Saturn, ruler 7th=Sun/Jupiter...Lack of success.  Leafs led 2-1 after one period.
    Next I drew up a second chart, for 8:48 when the  Hour ruler would change,  this chart had Gemini at the MC, so this means twins, a tie, same score.  Yep, Ottawa tied the game 2-2.  Looking at strongest midpoints on the 90degree dial for this time, Leafs had Mercury, r1 & 10=Sun/Uranus...mobility...Leafs outshot Ottawa 40-20 due to their faster speed.  However, the strength of this midpoint ranked 30th on Munkasey scale.  On the other hand, Ottawa at 8:48 time, had the midpoint Jupiter, Ruler 7th & 4th= Mars/Asc...Harmonious team work and Jupiter, r7 & 10th=Mars/Node...Successful team work.  This midpoint ranked 13th on Munkasey strength list.  Ottawa won the game 3-2.   So this is yet another method for determining a winner when other methods don't reveal much.   Adios, amigo!

Offline Halina

Lilly on Sports, Battles, War & Other Contests
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
    In his books, 1 & 2, Lilly has excellent horary methods for judging a winner.  Here are the pages you can look up if you have the book:
Page 366 to 370; Planet strengths page373; Summary pg 375; pgs 399 to 400, see chart A11; pgs 401 to 403 see chart A12.

rj_smith

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
Hi R.J., I agree with you whole heartedly re the omission of George Llewellyns great works.  Nice comment.  I believe Lilly has a section on how to judge a contest or war....just a minute while I zip into my astrology library....yes, here it is...page 641 of Lilly's Christian Astrology, Book Three, where Lilly describes...."whether the native shall overcome or be overcome by his adversaries"... not exactlly sports astrology but I use these rules for contests between 2 opponents,
     Yes, when you write your book, please include a chapter on your good ideas re judging a winner of a sports contest.
By the way, I investigated the contest between Ottawa at Toronto Leafs, last nite.  Drew up 2 charts, one for 7pm, game start.  Put this on a 90degree dial for midpoints and used Munkaseys strongest midpoint.  For 7pm, Toronto had Sun, ruler 1st=Jupiter/Pluto...creative power and Venus, ruler 10th=Saturn/Pluto..hard struggles for success.
On the other hand, Ottawa had Saturn, ruler 7th=Sun/Jupiter...Lack of success.  Leafs led 2-1 after one period.
    Next I drew up a second chart, for 8:48 when the  Hour ruler would change,  this chart had Gemini at the MC, so this means twins, a tie, same score.  Yep, Ottawa tied the game 2-2.  Looking at strongest midpoints on the 90degree dial for this time, Leafs had Mercury, r1 & 10=Sun/Uranus...mobility...Leafs outshot Ottawa 40-20 due to their faster speed.  However, the strength of this midpoint ranked 30th on Munkasey scale.  On the other hand, Ottawa at 8:48 time, had the midpoint Jupiter, Ruler 7th & 4th= Mars/Asc...Harmonious team work and Jupiter, r7 & 10th=Mars/Node...Successful team work.  This midpoint ranked 13th on Munkasey strength list.  Ottawa won the game 3-2.   So this is yet another method for determining a winner when other methods don't reveal much.   Adios, amigo!

Thanks, kindly, for that information, Halina, on predicting the outcome of wars by Lily...

Unfortunately, there IS a significant difference between interpreting a war event chart and a sporting contest event chart...The main difference is that most wars have no rules, while games or sports always have rules... The goal of the war is, simply, to kill people, while the main goal of a sporting event is to exalt human safety and to win the match... Human safety, therefore, must come before winning ! The other key difference is that a GAME has periods of rest or intermissions for the players and coaches.

A war is a 24/7 event...and therefore, you, the participant, sleep or rest, usually outdoors, at your own peril... Nobody really knows when the war will end and often, wars do not end as nicely or cleanly as everyone expected...either... Conversely, once the sports horary match is over, everybody can safely go home to their families...and sleep soundly, in their own beds...including the media...

When the war is finally over, you may not have a bed to sleep in, or radio/tv station to broadcast from !

Therefore, in 1928, Llewellyn George was the first known astrologer to carefully reason that sporting events needed a very distinct set of rules and interpretations, seperate from wars and other man-made confrontations that were monitored primarily by mainstream astrologers who weren't that interested in sports...

The primary rule of horary astrology, he reasoned, still applied to sports astrology... The querent still needed to have or establish a 'personal stake' in the question asked about...in this case, in the game or contest...directly...This personal stake, according to George, even superceded the querent's monetary stake in the game !

How do you establish a personal stake... If you are a player or coach, that is easy...your job is on the line.. If you are a fan, you only have an emotional stake, but still a personal stake..You may also have a financial stake, if you wagered a bet on the game, but George reasons that betting on a sports event, alone, does not establish a stake in the game...

When I made a fuss about a personal stake during last year's Stanley Cup final between Vancouver and Boston, nobody on this board could understand (including you ?) why I had said that ? But this rule was clearly hammered home by Mr. George, who wrote: (on page 738)

(quote) " Unless a personal stake is involved, it would be rather unreasonable to expect the horoscope of an individual's passing curiosity to reflect the fortunes of two teams or opponents, as well as their emotional impact on two vast throngs of fans.

A horary figure, if valid, must be based on the significant moment of a crisis in experience. " (end of quote)

Llewellyn George's chapter or section on picking horary sports winners was NOT superficial; it was 25 pages in length (pages 733 to 758, 1977 edition) and it was profoundly written... THE ground breaking work in sports astrology, as far as I am aware...

Another fascinating aspect about Llewellyn's chapter on sports is his usage of ALL the planets, even the trans-Saturnian planets (Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) in the sports horary chart...

No one had ever done that before, except another horary great, the late Barbara Watters !

Maybe, just maybe,...Ms. Watters got her idea of using the outer planets in the horary chart from Llewellyn George ? ! LOL

Why not ? Both Omarr and Frawley 'copied' from Llewellyn, why not the Libra gal !  Oh, you mean Goca, too !? LOL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This was clearly cutting edge astrology... and way ahead of its' time ! (Pluto, in fact, was discovered only a few years before the first publication of A to Z).

best regards,

R.J. Smith

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:54:27 PM by R.J. Smith »

Offline DaveR

• New Insight Astrology
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »
R.J.,

"The primary rule of horary astrology, he reasoned, still applied to sports astrology... The querent still needed to have or establish a 'personal stake' in the question asked about...in this case, in the game or contest...directly...This personal stake, according to George, even superceded the querent's monetary stake in the game !"

I find this whole concept of "personal stake" very interesting.  Perhaps it deserves a new thread as it is a little off tangent. 

I would like to know your thoughts about non-horary astrology.

What could be more personal than the individual to himself?  What I am asking is, how do you see the difference between the different types of astrology regarding "personal stake"?

Offline DaveR

• New Insight Astrology
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
Halina, R.J.

Thanks again for the tip on which edition to purchase.  I just received a 1973 version of the text in the mail today and it does include the "contest analysis" section of the book. 

This book was originally $12.00 in 1973 and I got it delivered to my home in 4 days for a grand total of $13.48... a great value!  There were other versions of the book listed for $50 so shop around.

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
FYI - I just ordered a "used" copy (4th edition) 1974 from Amazon ..... and there are plenty others available.

Thanks for mentioning the edition and year!

Kathy
Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

rj_smith

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
R.J.,

"The primary rule of horary astrology, he reasoned, still applied to sports astrology... The querent still needed to have or establish a 'personal stake' in the question asked about...in this case, in the game or contest...directly...This personal stake, according to George, even superceded the querent's monetary stake in the game !"

I find this whole concept of "personal stake" very interesting.  Perhaps it deserves a new thread as it is a little off tangent.  

I would like to know your thoughts about non-horary astrology.

What could be more personal than the individual to himself?  What I am asking is, how do you see the difference between the different types of astrology regarding "personal stake"?

Hello Dave R:

Thank you for your response...

Actually, this concept of a 'personal stake' has been taught to me by several horary experts that I have been exposed to ?

One is the late Barbara Watters, who mentions this concept in her book, Horary Astrology and the Judgement of Events. (an excellent book to get, by the way, along with Llewellyn George's books).

The other is Diana Stone, a Vancouver, Washington based woman who is considered by many as the world's greatest living proponant of Horary astrology.

I once attended a day long workshop on Horary astrology taught by Diana...Not recently, either, but many Moons ago...

Diana is still a very good looking woman with the 'full package,' as they say...brains and beauty... LOL I still communicate with Diane once in a while... She has the classic astrologer's midpoint signature...Sun/Moon = Uranus

Diana says the personal stake issue is VERY important, because, as Llewellyn George says in his book, many people come to horary astrology with a false agenda...In fact, George says in his book that, as a rule, only two out of 10 horary charts are actually valid..since many people, well, tend to be either dishonest or are dellusional !  

As far as I see it, human nature, apparently, has not changed much since the 1920's....Many people still come to horary astrology, simply to test the astrologer, or in many cases, they already know the answer to their question, but they need to hire an astrologer to confirm the inevitable...

Let's face it, people are NOT stupid ! They have a pretty good intuitive idea of what is going to happen to them...

As George mentions, the BEST horary case is when a person is experiencing a personal crisis...the threat of seperation or marriage failure, a young child being kidnapped against their will, serious trouble with the law, as in going to jail for the rest of your life, financial wipeout to the point of losing your car, your home, or your personal possessions...Essentially, the bailiff coming to the door to change the locks...

In THOSE situations, horary astrology works SPLENDIDLY. In other situations, horary astrology works on a need to know, case by case, basis...

In sports astrology, it attracts curiosity seekers and johnny come latelies... I've seen this happen for over 30 years !

When the Vancouver Canucks were playing in the Stanley Cup finals, last year, I saw people on the street in my community... wearing Vancouver Canuck jerseys at work and in public. They had probably never seen a hockey game in their lives, but they were merely caught up in the media frenzy of British Columbia's most famous hockey team...

These are the same type of people who will ask whether the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup, this year...It's none of their business, so unless they have a personal stake, buzz off !

To answer your question, isn't being a 'breathing individual' enough to create a personal stake? No.

In my book about horary astrology, I am writing about the 'mental intent' of the querent being critical to the performance of the horary chart...  I call it mens rea, Llewellyn George calls it personal intent, but its the same issue.

Mens rea is a latin word, meaning 'mental intent.'

In order to make a horary chart, valid, there has to be BOTH mens rea and actus rea.

Mens rea means you have the proper mind set to visit a professional astrologer...

Actus rea means that you have the actual PHYSICAL means to pull off the dirty deed...In other words, if you are asking when will you find yourself a new job, but you are crippled from the waist down due to an accident and cannot tie your own shoes, forget about employment, you NEED immediate assistance from the government, your family, or whatever financial source(s) are available in your community.

I routinely get horary questions (all the time) from women who ask me, when will they find their 'soulmate'... but then they reveal they are horribly out of shape, eat foods high in saturated fat and sugar, smoke cigarettes, weigh 200 pounds or more and in some cases, have serious mental health issues.... YET they expect their soulmate to arrive, PRONTO ?

I feel very badly for such women, SINCE...the horary chart is doomed...even though they could be very capable wives or girlfriends for many available men...

Similarly, I have met exceptionally pretty women in my community with hourglass figures... but who have NEVER been to acting school or have read a script on their lives, but they want to be STARS in Hollywood or on local television...

Their chances of finding REAL movie or TV work, outside of being an extra or very minor roles, is slim to none...

For example, having large breasts is actually a detriment for a female looking for television work.  In television, all female hosting roles tend to have the typical model, tall, slim, flat-chested look...  The Pamela Anderson, Lindsay Lohan 'big-boobed' look... simply doesn't work anymore !

Therefore, the Horary chart is also DOOMED for those women, too ! In horary astrology, we have duty to remind people of these limitations...or else, they may blame an adverse answer on astrology ? Educating clients about personal expectations is also a very essential skill in horary work.

That said, we horary astrologers are also human beings, so if you need to talk to someone, we are still available to help you... As Mr. George says, horary astrologers must be experts in natal astrology, as well as horary, as the two disciplines are interrelated...

Finally, I just want to say that Horary astrology, even sports astrology, is not always your 'right' ?  In other words, in some cases, the universe is very honest with you and says that an answer is not available at this time, or it cannot provide you with an answer...and you, the querent, NEED to ACCEPT THAT !

best regards,

R.J. Smith

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:45:48 PM by R.J. Smith »

rj_smith

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
FYI - I just ordered a "used" copy (4th edition) 1974 from Amazon ..... and there are plenty others available.

Thanks for mentioning the edition and year!

Kathy

I predict that you, Dave and Halina will find this book to be a GREAT investment, as it is chocked full of interesting studies and findings from Llewellyn George, to my surprise, a very scientific and scholarly astrologer...

If you ask me, it is one of the best astrology books of all time...

R.J.

Offline DaveR

• New Insight Astrology
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
R.J.

Thanks for the detailed response.... certainly plenty to ponder there.