Noel Tyl
October 01, 2014, 05:19:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Noel Tyl Forums. You'll notice many nice features in this new forum. Enjoy!

Tyl forums are a part of the main Noel Tyl.com site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Oscars  (Read 1730 times)
Elisabeth Grace

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »

Thanks so much for starting this thread -- fascinating! 

I had been thinking about the Moon in Taurus on the night of the Oscars -- and the need for things to be kept "as they are". I expected a celebration of what was known, trusted and traditional:

-- Host Billy Crystal doing what he's always done
-- Meryl Streep for Best Actress (and "helped" by Sun-Uranus at the AP)
-- Writer/Director Alexander Payne picking up another Oscar for screenwriting (been there, done that) but not directing
-- Woody Allen winning again
-- "The Artist" as an expression of the way Hollywood is/was supposed to be...I was sure it would win Best Picture...

Not much really rocking the boat...

EG

Dean Bensics

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »

Hello Forum.

I'm resurrecting this thread to bring to your attention the Neptune in Pisces themes that the movies are currently engaging with.

See article below.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tearjerkers-to-hit-cinemas-this-fall-1408637194?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_lifestyle

Regards,

Dean Bensics
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:52:28 PM by Dean Bensics » Logged
Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »

…lest we forget how to cry over death.  Much fantasy in tv shows at present, and in novels too.  

A good tear jerker also inspires, like when Ender cares so much about a giant ant egg, because, well, ants have feelings too.  

To make us cry, there has to be more life than death, more Sun and Uranus than Moon and Neptune, right?…because we cry for the hero, not the victim.

Barbara Ybarra

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: