Author Topic: VocExs --March 11-12, 2009  (Read 25461 times)

Offline Plamen Penev

Re: VocExs --March 11-12, 2009
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »
  Great examples, Noel. Thank you, again!

Second case was very interesting. I've noticed how in many cases my interpretations are somehow affected by my perception and personal experiences. For example, if the focus is on 2-8 axis the first picture that comes to my mind is finance, because I am involved in this field on a daily basis. I guess that works with the rest of the interpretation - if the astrologer's childhood had lack of support, then he or she would be looking for similar patterns in every horoscope?

Regards,
Plamen Penev

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »

That certainly plays a role, Plaven.

But this lady's horoscope was educative, mentor bound , the academic, the administrative, etc. And, of course, as your experience grows with the Process so will circumspection!

You are doing very very well!!!!!!

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline dixieturner

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »
Wow Noel!
How incredibly interesting and instructive! Thank You so much! The female vocation reminds me of my sister and how she missed out because of not receiving the education she wished she had.
Dixie

Offline Reina Hanson

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 11:58:22 AM »
Dear Noel:

I was unable to participate in the exercises today, but I have studied them carefully and have learned a lot.

You might be interested in knowing that Roy Gillett and I share the same birthday (I was born about 13 hours later) and all our planets are in the same signs.  The major differences between our charts are in house positions and house rulerships.

He has an aptitude for technology (I am assuming this is shown in Mars' rulership of the 5th holding Urans).  I have nothing in my chart that indicates a proclivity in that direction (technology gives me a headache).  We both have diverse interests and have immersed ourselves in esoteric studies, Buddhism and mysticism. 

Last year, you profiled Richard Idemon's chart, born 2 days before me and Roy Gillett, although he did not get the technology gene either.  Again, the house placements and rulerships are different in each case, but the over-all needs of the 3 charts and their appications are the same.  I can only conclude that if I had had support, I, too, might today be thought of as a gifted (and prosperous) astrologer!

Again, many thanks for your time, patience and willngness to share your insights.  I don't know why others  don't participate in these exercises.

Regards ................. Reina 

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »

Dear Reina:

How very interesting that Idemon and Gillett are "bookends" for your talent! ;)

You have what it takes, and it's always a plesure to see your work presented with such poise and consistent growth !

--I too wonder why more astrologers do not get into the arena here and learn by doing!  Specifically with Vocational profiling, there is no greater service astrology can provide.  --And look how well you and others have learned it!

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline Lynne W

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you for the wrap-up. 

I enjoyed the way you took us through the lady's horoscope - very informative.

Lynne :)

Offline Monica Mandar

• Monica Mandar Astrology
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 01:08:49 PM »
Dear Noel,

Thanks very much for such interesting examples and most amazing wrap-ups.

The second exercise is really complicated. There are so many options for this woman, but the most interesting part of the wrap-up for me was being led to the "law world".

It is such a pleasure to learn here. I hope more astrologers will jump in to learn and share their knowledge with us.

Warm Regards,

Monica Mandar

Offline Michael Symms

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you, as always.  I love the added dimension of situational awareness and adjustment!

Sincerely,

Michael

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
Noel

There is so much here... not sure where to begin to say thank you... so for anyone still in this room let me share something... This is from Malcolm Gladwell's book Outliers the story of success. Page 40

http://www.artsjournal.com/artfulmanager/main/wanna-get-to-carnegie-hall-got.php

I was going to type it all in but uncovered this blog that already did the typing. The 10,000 hour rule suggests that mastery is more about persistence and regularity than any other innate talent. Astrology especially reveals to the practitioner the benefits of 'preparation.' This is the kernel of truth the lies hidden beneath the Tyl signature and success. Organization! Strategy! Practice! And the Presentation! All done with an elegance and poise of the Maestro...

So for those of us lacking the critical astrologer's degree we still grow in our competence as astrologers by picking up on the other critical degree required; LOVE. The LOVE of the art... with each successive post and essay this dimension comes through ever more clearly in Noel's writing...

Though my contributions are intermittent I'm still here. Thanks for the opportunity to share and grow.

With much appreciation,

Tim

Eddie

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 06:19:15 AM »
Mars' rulership of the 5th holding Uranus

I don't see this as the technology gene.  I have an affinity for technology, and always have, and I don't have this configuration.  I checked through other charts of people I know have incredible affinities to using computer technology, and they don't have it.

Where did you get this?  It is in Noel Tyl's writings?

Eddie

Offline Chinatsu Hirokawa

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 06:33:21 AM »
Dear Noel,

Thank you so much.
I am looking forward to seeing your Voc Exs next week.

sincerely,
Chinatsu

Offline Reina Hanson

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
Eddie:

Uranus in contact with Mars or Mercury or significant Aquarius (and check Midpoints as well) often suggests the use of technology within the career.  It may not be the focus of the career, but does suggest that technology may be a strong component of communication needs.

In Roy Gillett's chart, note that Uranus, ruler of the communications 3rd is in the creative 5th ruled by Mars.  And he also has a 4-planet Aquarius cluster.  In his case, he surely needs some kind of avant garde communication outlet.

All of this is found in Noel's Vocations book, where he fully explains the MEP process and lays out the major vocational channels with chart analysis.  This book is an invaluable asset to any astrologer's library. Also, reading Noel's comments to each individual submission every week and his wrap-up, will reveal a wealth of free information.  But studying the Vocations book is much faster and more illuminating.

I am so glad you are here, Eddie and asking good questions.    I hope this has helped and perhaps we will see a submission from you soon!

Regards ............... Reina

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »
Thank you Noel  :)

I wonder with Gemini ruling the 2nd and holding Uranus if that would be an indication of 'spottiness' in career ... lots of diversification and the need to chop and change within the flow of raising a family.

Warmly
Cathy

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »

....Perhaps 'multiple (varied) sources of income.'

Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline ryu

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Dear Mr. Tyl,

Thank you very much for the edit and wrap-up.  I think I could get a vague overall image, but missed important nuances with both cases.  I have to split the process into two and first getting the basic backbone(anchor?) confidently and then searching and adding important characteristics.

Sincerely,

ryu