Noel Tyl
November 25, 2014, 12:22:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Noel Tyl Forums. You'll notice many nice features in this new forum. Enjoy!

Tyl forums are a part of the main Noel Tyl.com site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Astrology of Acidification  (Read 18805 times)
Mellinda Poor

« on: March 02, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »

The headline of an article my husband was reading this morning caught my attention. "Ocean acidification worst in 300 million years, study finds," it read. My mind immediately started forming tangential connections. It dawned on me that the greatest threat to the health of the Earth is also currently the greatest threat to human health.

Over-acidification of the body can result in allergies, acne, arthritis, heart attack, and cancer. If you think about your body (or the ocean) as a petri dish it is easy to understand how altering the PH level results in favorable conditions for certain types of invasive growths, while killing off other biological elements.

You can read about the connection between Over-acidification and cancer here: http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/pH_Cancer_Alkaline.html

The following information has been pulled directly from the article:

Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg discovered that cancer cells only thrive in a low-oxygen state.  When your body cells and tissue are ACIDIC (below pH of 6.5 - 7.0), they lose their ability to exchange oxygen, and cancer cells are able to thrive.

Nearly all those with cancer have high acidity.  There are two main reasons for a high acidic body environment. 

The first and most significant is prolonged stress.  This causes a depletion of adrenaline in the body’s cells.  It is the job of adrenaline to remove / utilize glucose (sugar) from the body’s cells for energy for the body.  Depleted adrenaline results in a build up of glucose (sugar) in the body’s cells, and restricts oxygen to cells, causing a break in the krebs cycle of the cell and cell mutation.  Pathogenic (harmful) microbes (virus, bacteria, fungus) inhabit cancer cells and feed on this glucose causing fermentation.  The body becomes acidic (low pH) due to the waste by-products of these pathogenic microbes fermentating glucose in cancer cells and also fermentation of stress hormones.

The second is poor nutrition / diet.  Every food has a pH value from very acidic to very alkaline.  Raw fruits and vegetables are very alkaline, while poor foods, beer, soda, coffee, etc are very acidic.  This is why those who eat certain types of foods are more or less at risk of certain types of cancers. 

The high levels of acid in the oceans have been found to be a result of carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere, and threaten to release tons of methane gas trapped beneath the ocean's floor. If this were to happen it might create conditions on Earth which would result in mass extinction.

As a student of Astrology, my mind can't help but wonder how this global acidification is represented astrologically.

I have read that PH level is ruled by Venus and the sign of Libra. Any ideas what astrological indicators might reveal the Earth's PH balance at any given time in history?
pdw

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 04:39:36 AM »

This is an unusual and complex topic, Mellinda...fit for Neptune entering Pisces, I think, and Astrology brains more knowledgeable than mine.   Smiley 

I googled combinations of Astrology-Acidity-Medical Astrology and got some hits, including this site where Mars and Fire signs are associated with acidity -  http://www.astroheal.com/astroheal_system.html

Best with your studies. 
Mellinda Poor

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »

pdw,

Thank you for your response. I agree that this is an unusual and complex topic for the forum.
As usual, when I have a stimulating thought I just have to get it out there! I am the type of person who just needs to talk about things the moment they occur to me.
Thank you for the link. I am attempting to find out more about this topic, and will report back when I have more information which might lead to a better conversation here on the forum.

Mellinda
rj_smith
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »

Mellinda, thanks for opening this topic...

Question: How come that cancer is mostly a North American concern...

How is it that in Asian countries, like Japan, the mortality rates within the population, for cancer victims,  is much lower compared with the North American statistics...

How does that factor into the equation... ?

regards,

R.J.
rj_smith
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:57:44 PM »

I have read that PH level is ruled by Venus and the sign of Libra. Any ideas what astrological indicators might reveal the Earth's PH balance at any given time in history?

I don't fully understand why Venus is assigned to PH level. It makes no sense to me. Venus symbolizes beauty, not measurements... Bodily wise, it rules the kidneys, the lower back, and endocrine glands...  A PH 'level' is simply a measurement of acidity or alkalinity, is it not ?  In my view, that would come more under the Moon and Neptune's influence, as would all bodily fluids..  If the body has poisonous fluid levels, then Neptune would deal with issues of  toxicidity, would it not ?

R.J.

Mellinda Poor

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

R.J.,

Here is a link to an Astrology health topic that sites Venus/Libra as the rulers of body PH: http://www.santabanta.com/astro.asp?type1=4&sign=libra

I would imagine that Neptune and the Moon would also be factors. Not entirely sure what to look at, that is why I raised the question. What planets and signs do the rest of you think would play a role in this?

There are many factors associated with the differences in cancer rates around the globe. I recently watched a documentary called Forks Over Knives that was very informative and relates cancer rates primarily to diet; namely animal product consumption. Eating meat acidifies the body. In the documentary they discuss a massive research study that was conducted in China which resulted in a map of cancer rates in the country. They found 'hot spots' for high rates of different types of cancer in areas around the country. The main difference found was that in areas where the people consumed more animal products more people died from cancer.

Another major factor in body acidification is stress, so quality of life factors in significantly.

I have been trying to do some more research about this topic. I have found that the acid level of the oceans has been purported to have begun rising around the year 1750, which coincides with the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. It is hard to determine what the science is behind these dates that I have found, and I need to research further to know whether the link between the two is actually as powerful as it seems, or is an association that I am being led to draw. It does occur to me though that the Industrial Revolution is defined by 'a time of growth'. We mortals have been obsessed with this idea of constant growth, but it is starting to become clear that never-ending growth can get out of hand and become a cancer.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:52:32 PM by Mellinda Poor » Logged
ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

Hello RJ

Re: "A PH 'level' is simply a measurement of acidity or alkalinity, is it not ?"

PH level is the balance between alkalinity and acidity.  As soon as we introduce the idea of balance (ie. two competing states arriving at an equilibrium), I can see the Libra (hence, Venus) connection.

You might see it differently.  ie. your mileage my vary   Wink

Peace

James

http://www.jamesalexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain
pdw

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:21 AM »

Hi Mellinda and All, I've been thinking on this topic and remembering my own serious interest in nutrition around a Saturn Return.  A focus more moderate than passionate, it did create a change away from the mainstream: I decided to favor low salt-sugar-fat and no candy-soda and still eat that way today.  Although I like vegetables and am not a voracious meateater, I must not have any Vegan in me since giving up meat has never interested me.

One thing's for sure - with all the information and studies available today, the modern consumer often is confronted with differing opinions and conclusions related to individual choices.  For instance, in case anyone is interested, here's a long and technical critique of the conclusions presented in Forks Over Knives -

http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/       

rj_smith
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:18 AM »

Hello RJ

Re: "A PH 'level' is simply a measurement of acidity or alkalinity, is it not ?"

PH level is the balance between alkalinity and acidity.  As soon as we introduce the idea of balance (ie. two competing states arriving at an equilibrium), I can see the Libra (hence, Venus) connection.

You might see it differently.  ie. your mileage my vary   Wink

Peace

James

Good point, James ! I see the (LIbra) connection now...

thanks,

R.J.
Mellinda Poor

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »

pdw,

With my 6th house Saturn in Scorpio I have been doing a lot of research into health matters as of late. I have actually been reading about food matters quite extensively for the past 4 years or so.
Thank you for the link to the critique of Forks Over Knives. I have begun to read it, but it is indeed a long critique! I found the film interesting and informative, but I am always a skeptic and I am not a vegan. In fact, I prepared a couple of steaks that I purchased from the Farmers' Market the day after watching the documentary. I don't believe that all meat and animal product consumption is bad for us, but as with anything, the keys are quality and moderation. I do believe that meat consumption is a factor in the current trend of acidosis among the American population, along with other factors, such as reliance on coffee to compensate for low energy levels due to poor diet, and of course stress.

I have been of the opinion for quite some time now that the modern lifestyle is not necessarily filled with more stressors, but that it is harder for people to balance out their stress levels due to the type of work and activities that we are commonly engaged in nowadays. It was during the time that I was working on organic farms that I came to believe this. Farm work is meditative. Sewing, mending, and knitting are meditative tasks. Meditative work used to be a necessity, now it is an elective for the majority of us.

So, again, we might be dealing with Venus/Libra energies here.

What could be going on astrologically? A planetary shift? It is a bit baffling to me, as I have never delved into this type of historical astrology before.
Antonio

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

"Ocean acidification worst in 300 million years, study finds," it read. My mind immediately started forming tangential connections. It dawned on me that the greatest threat to the health of the Earth is also currently the greatest threat to human health."

"Nobel Prize winner Dr. Otto Warburg discovered that cancer cells only thrive in a low-oxygen state.  When your body cells and tissue are ACIDIC (below pH of 6.5 - 7.0), they lose their ability to exchange oxygen, and cancer cells are able to thrive. Nearly all those with cancer have high acidity.  There are two main reasons for a high acidic body environment."  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Melinda and Forum,

Planets have essential dignity. They are not influenced by lobbyists, quackery, conspiracy theories or the FDA! Any attempt to corrupt them will result in our own detriment.   Smiley

Ocean Acidification and Corals
“The ocean currently has a pH of 8.1, which is alkaline not acid.  In order to become acid, it would have to drop below 7.0.  According to Wikipedia “Between 1751 and 1994 surface ocean pH is estimated to have decreased from approximately 8.179 to 8.104.”  At that rate, it will take another 3,500 years for the ocean to become even slightly acid.  One also has to wonder how they measured the pH of the ocean to 4 decimal places in 1751, since the idea of pH wasn’t introduced until 1909.”

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/01/31/ocean-acidification-and-corals/

“Warburg was given the Nobel Prize for discovering fermentation in cancer cells.  Not for claiming an association between acids and cancer, which does not exist. This is another myth about cancer.  Many sites falsely claim that acids cause or promote cancer.  None of this is true.  Cancer can form just as easily in an alkaline environment as it can in an acidic environment since pH plays no role in cancer formation. Although acid is formed during the fermentation process by cancer cells, which is where the acid causes/promotes cancer myth stems from.”

http://tinyurl.com/87ugq56
http://tinyurl.com/84l2tke

Kind regards,
Antonio
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:27:38 PM by Antonio » Logged

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” Heraclitus
Mellinda Poor

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »

Antonio,

Thank you for the links. They will help me further my education on this topic, of which I make no claims of intellectual authority. I am not a scientist.

Planets have essential dignity. They are not influenced by lobbyists, quackery, conspiracy theories or the FDA! Any attempt to corrupt them will result in our own detriment

I must say that I find this comment odd and off-putting. I don't believe that having a natural curiosity about a subject and seeking to find out more about it suggests, in any way, that I am attempting to corrupt the planets. Strange.

Antonio

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »

Hi Melinda,

I don’t think the Planets can be corrupted! As Heraclitus says “the Sun will not overstep his bounds; if he does, the Erinnyes, allies of justice, will find him out.”

He also says: “let's not make random guesses about the greatest matters.”

Health can be a deadly serious matter if we’re going to trust all the hype and misinformation that comes from all sorts of sources (even the least suspicious ones). No one owns the truth...

As so, it is our responsability to do all the home work. Along with curiosity, perseverance and awareness, we also need a strong stomach. We're going to find a lot of dirt and ugliness as we dig deeper for some pure gold.

I wish you the best on your journey and please take my remark with a grain of wit. 

Kind regards,   
Antonio

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” Heraclitus
James Williams

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »

Edgar Cayce had much to say about the alkaline-acid composition in his readings which is definitely worth checking out... Smiley

"The message blazoned across the heavens at the moment of birth is not meant to emphasize fate, but to arouse man's will to escape from his universal thralldom. What he has done he can undo. None other than himself was the instigator of the causes of whatever effects are now prevalent in his life."
Antonio

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 09:04:01 AM »

Edgar Cayce had much to say about the alkaline-acid composition in his readings which is definitely worth checking out... Smiley

Perhaps more akin to today’s living:

“The Healing Code: 6 Minutes to Heal the Source of Your Health, Success, or Relationship Issue”, Alexander Loyd, PhD, ND

Not kidding..  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:50:25 AM by Antonio » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: