Author Topic: A Psychotherapist's Way with Astrology  (Read 7399 times)

Offline James Williams

A Psychotherapist's Way with Astrology
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:37:11 AM »
In rereading this February 28, 2007, Counseling Insights column by Teri Freeman, I especially like the last three paragraphs of the piece...

"The state of Saturn in the chart as well as the Moon’s Nodes are anatomical bones that provide much insight and illumination to repeating themes.

If the client has not expressed an interest in astrological perspectives, and I have the birth date only (no birth time), I hold the archetypes of the planets, signs, aspect structures, and the Moon’s nodes in my mind; I reflect on this information and make creative connections and related interventions the same way as I hold and utilize other information about the client that I have learned.

In this way, I am moving between and attending to both what is observed in the therapy (from my client and the interaction between us) and as well, what is unseen (information contained in the horoscope). The art, of course, is in how the information from the client and the information in the horoscope are integrated and creatively woven together for insight and intervention. It is this dynamic interaction among the client’s experience, my experience and skills as a therapist, and the rich territory of the horoscope that we, together, weave into a rich tapestry of personal growth."

I believe that many therapists and counselors would be open to learning this kind of astrology, which would serve as an introduction to its rich art, and its overall synthesis...

Also, therapists and counselors would benefit from reading astrologer and pyschotherapist Greg Bogart's book, Therapeutic Astrology: Using the Birth Chart in Psychotherapy and Spiritual Counseling.

:)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 10:32:33 AM by Jim Williams »
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).