Author Topic: Antiscion Determines Result  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Halina

Antiscion Determines Result
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
Hi Sports Fans,  Here's a hockey game betw\een Toronto and Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh the favorite gets the 1st House, underdog Toronto gets the 7th H.
The Part of Fortune is 27Pisces42 and the antiscion of 27Pi42 is 2Libra18 which falls exactly on Pittsburgh's 1st House cusp thus automatically signalling a Pittsburgh win.
RESULT: Pittsburgh won the game 3-2.  Whenever the antiscion of the PofF falls on the 1st or 7th cusp, no further analysis is necessary.  I have tested this on hundreds of charts.  See the game chart below.  Same rule for favorites 10th and underdog's 4th.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:19:10 PM by Halina »

Offline fensi88

• Horary sports astrology
Re: Antiscion Determines Result
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
From your experience what orb is allowabled? This was really close...

Offline Halina

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
Hi Fensi,  Orb is 2degrees before or after the cusp of 1st and 10th for favorites, same orb for 7th and 4th for underdog.

Offline fensi88

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »
Yes, I use the same orb.

rj_smith

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
The antiscions...are like the onions or garnishes of a hamburger sandwich..

The onions add flavor and enjoyment to the main attraction (i.e. the hamburger?)  Nobody buys garnishes to supplant the main meal...however, you'd be seen as pretty weird, if you did ?

The hamburger is the meat of the matter..and in horary work, the 'meat' is the major ptolemaic aspects, ascendant, descendant, 5th and 10th houses, etc.

Therefore, to say that the chart can be determined by antiscions, alone, shows a poor understanding of horary...

R.J.

Offline Halina

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 07:41:02 AM »
Hi RJ, I'd rather use garnishes that work instead of hamburger that leads to error.

rj_smith

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:02:06 AM »
Hi RJ, I'd rather use garnishes that work instead of hamburger that leads to error.

But you are the only sports horaryist to make that claim... The rules of Llewellyn George have been time tested for years...Are you saying that the time has come to chuck those rules... If so, please explain why !

Meanwhile, where were your anti-scions during the Stanley Cup playoffs, last year, between Vanxcouver and Boston ?

It seemed that you gave up on sports horary work, last year...and resigned yourself to believe that... "the home team always wins, anyways..."

;D

One year later, you're now an expert on anti-scions...
?

Please explain !

LOL

hugs and kisses...

The R.J. naytor...

Offline fensi88

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
John Frawley wrote about this rule in his book "Sports Astrology"/ page 84. Antiscion of Fortuna close to 1st or 7 cusp, within 2 degrees, is  one of the most  powerfull of all testimonies in judging spors sharts - he wrote.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:14:54 AM by fensi88 »

Offline Halina

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
Hi RJ, see expert fensi response.

rj_smith

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »
John Frawley wrote about this rule in his book "Sports Astrology"/ page 84. Antiscion of Fortuna close to 1st or 7 cusp, within 2 degrees, is  one of the most  powerfull of all testimonies in judging spors sharts - he wrote.

Hi Goca:

Thank you for attributing the original source of the anti-scion of Fortuna...  I think that Frawley (like Anthony Louis?) is a very good, world class horaryist... But, the way that Halina wrote her above post, it seemed like the endorsation for AS's came from HER and not Frawley ?

Having said that, I DON'T use antiscions that much in my horary work...I am not saying that they don't work for others, but that antiscions cannot (and should not!) be considered as consistently MAJOR PLAYERS in the sports horary chart...

The Part of Fortune, however... is another story altogether... I am a big believer of studying/examining THAT aspect...the Part of fortune IS a consistent, MONEY aspect.... in horary generally.

In case you are new to horary astrology and don't know what antiscions are...antiscions are gourmet-like bugs, maggots, and caterpillars... DIPPED in rich milk chocolate... ! LOL

All the scorpion women... just LOVE 'EM !

YUM ! I know that Halina LOVES munching on antiscions....especially when her favorite hockey team  (Taranta Maple Leafs?) are playing...(I mean losing... ? LOL)

(JUST KIDDING !)   :D :D :D\

R.J.

p.s. Actually, folks, antiscions are defined as follows:

The Antiscion (pl. Antiscia; Antiscions) of any given planet is a point equal in distance on the opposite side of the solsticial axis to the planet's position, effectively the "shadow" of a planet. Once held to be a powerful fortitude equivalent to sextile or trine, this is rarely considered by modern astrologers, perhaps because it is a geometrical abstraction, rather than a real rock. However, the current interest in ancient and mediæval astrology has inclined some of us to take another look at what had been previously dismissed as obsolete techniques. One sometimes finds that there seems to be no pertinent modern astrological explanation for certain events, so perhaps we should take a more serious look at what the ancients had to say.

The midpoint of a planet's position and its antiscion is always the point of the solstice (1° Cancer – 1° Capricorn). For example, when the Sun is in the tenth degree of Taurus, this is as far distant from the first degree of Cancer as it would be if placed in the twentieth degree of Leo, its antiscion. The antiscion thus energises any planet in that degree, or which casts an aspect to that degree, so planets which are otherwise not in normal aspect can have an important relationship via the antiscion.

In order to calculate the sign in which the antiscion of a given planet lies, consult this table. For example, if we are seeking the antiscion of Mars in Gemini, it will be found in Cancer. In the case of Saturn in Virgo, its antiscion would be in Aries. And so on with any planet.

For more information:   http://www.astrologycom.com/antiscion.html

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:09:27 PM by R.J. Smith »

Offline Halina

Antiscion of Part of Fortune Determines Result
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:44:58 AM »
Hi Fensi88, RJ et al  Fensi I'm glad you have the "Bible" of Sports Forecasting ie Frawley's "Sports Astrology".  I always seem to get the right answer using his methods and the wrong answer using Llewellyns.  Below I have inserted two charts of last nite's Philly at Toronto NHL game.  My purpose for showing two charts is to demonstrate that only one chart leads to error.
In the first chart, Philly the favorite is given the first house and Toronto is given the 7th.  Note Uranus exactly on the 7th Cusp, orb 7'.
This single chart only would suggest that Toronto would UPSET Philly.  They didn't they lost 1-0 in a shoot out.  Therefore a static single chart leads to ERROR.
    Now look at the 3rd chart in the series of 3 that I use, based on planetary hours.  This 3rd chart is for 9:23pm which covers the latter part of the 3rd Period, Overtime and the SHootout.  This chart is ruled by the PLANETARY HOUR of Jupiter and Jupiter conjuncts Venus in Taurus, final dispositor and ruler of the 1st House, Philly.  This clearly shows Philly will win, which they did.
In addition, the ANTISCION of the Part of Fortune is 25Cancer29.  The Philly goalie, Bryzkalov, is a CANCER.  At games end, the MH was Cancer.  Bryzkalov was the 1st STAR OF THE GAME.
SUMMARY
    1. Don't depend on Llewellyns static ONE CHART ONLY.  It doesnt work as shown by Uranus on 7th exactly.
     2.  Use ANTISCIONS, they work.
     3, A sports contest is not static.  The sky changes at the end of the contest as do the PLANETARY HOURS.
     4. A goalies Sun sign should be located in regard to vital chart points.
Frawley gives us a modern day method for determing sports winners.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:01:10 PM by Halina »

rj_smith

Re: Antiscion of Part of Fortune Determines Result
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
In the first chart, Philly the favorite is given the first house and Toronto is given the 7th.  Note Uranus exactly on the 7th Cusp, orb 7'.
This single chart only would suggest that Toronto would UPSET Philly.  They didn't they lost 1-0 in a shoot out.  Therefore a static single chart leads to ERROR.

The main problem is, single charts DON'T lead to error...It just that you don't know how to properly interpret them ?

Besides, PLANETS, aspects, and horary charts NEVER MAKE ERRORS...it's WE HUMANS (astrologers?) WHO ERR...

So, you are saying that Toronto would upset Philadelphia, based solely on a peregrinated URANUS ?

Fine, you are entitled to your opinion....But...

I would NEVER read the chart, that way, and neither would the late Llewellyn George !

If you use the traditional aspects properly, Philadelphia is clearly slated to win...That is a no-brainer...

NOBODY EVER bases an UPSET WIN on ONE single aspect, alone !   You need to look at the WHOLE chart, Halina, whenever making sports predictions ! I have told you about this over and over, but you still make the same silly mistakes...

I think that it's well and good that you quote from John Frawley (Frawley is obviously your hero?).

You should also know that Frawley has his critics, too ?  In some of his books, he gets too preoccupied with these long rants in which he knocks the systems of other astrologers...  He comes across as very arrogant, actually ?

Frankly, does anyone give a crap what he thinks of other astrologers ?  Just stick to the astrology, buddy...

It is the same deal with Basil Fearrington. publicly denigrading Ann Coulter...calling her  'a moron,' because she happens to have natal Jupiter square Neptune...  This type of negative astrology drives people away from the artform ?

Noel Tyl has performed dozens and dozens of chart analyses for notorious historical figures, like Hitler, Mussolini, and others, people perhaps far more evil than Coulter..  ?

Never ONCE has Noel publicly slammed these figures... Wisely, he never interprets the planets based on his own political bias...  He leaves that out of the interpretation and lets history and the READER decide... who is truly EVIL or not EVIL ?

If Basil wants to see how natal analysis should be really done, he should follow the good work of his own Master...

Meanwhile, Halina, you should strive to interpret the horary chart, properly, and without bias ? I don't care if you use a hundred charts to predict a sports win.... Sometimes, I think that you have an impatient, " Mars like" side to you that is rather sloppy on details and makes very quick judgements based on fallacy...or your own likes and dislikes...

There is no rush to read these charts, Halina !   Slow down ! LOL

R.J. Smith

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:51:52 AM by R.J. Smith »