Noel Tyl
September 02, 2014, 11:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Noel Tyl Forums. You'll notice many nice features in this new forum. Enjoy!

Tyl forums are a part of the main Noel Tyl.com site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astro-Databank  (Read 814 times)
Forum Reader

« on: March 21, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Main_Page

Hi all,

I had the idea that if I visited the ADB website I'd be able to perform all manner of searches by profession and aspect such as "Designer" and "Pallas conjunct MC". Was this wishful thinking, or am I missing something obvious?

You can search for planets in signs, planets in houses, signs on cusp, etc. with http://www.astrotheme.com/
I'm just looking for something a little more sophisticated.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Forum Reader

James Williams

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »

Hi Forum Reader, I've been asking that question for a while too!  Hopefully, we both are missing something obvious--or not so obvious!  Grin

"Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control.  It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star.  Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.”   A. Einstein
ODdOnLifeItself

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:15:34 AM »

I think that it used to be that buyers of the Astrodatabank collections also received special software to allow the kinds of searches that you are talking about.

I don't think that the online version of the database has that capability.  I would love to be proven wrong, though!

Peace

James

http://www.jamesalexander.de
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."  ~ Mark Twain
Pippa

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »

Sad yes, i used to do those searches but that was when i bought the program, which then crashed horribly and since then have mourned its loss - happy that some access to it is free on the net though.   --Same here.  NT
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:15:44 AM by Noel Tyl » Logged
Forum Reader

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »

Thanks Jim, James and Pippa.

What a shame. Better yet, what an opportunity! I hope there is someone working on a solution as we speak.

JigSaw by Esoteric Technologies may provide a solution, however I've had no experience with it.

Kind regards,

Forum Reader
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: