Noel Tyl
December 21, 2014, 01:09:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new Noel Tyl Forums. You'll notice many nice features in this new forum. Enjoy!

Tyl forums are a part of the main Noel Tyl.com site.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bi-polar disorder  (Read 4754 times)
Allanah

« on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »

Good morning. has anyone ever looked at a chart which suggests Bi-polar disorder?   What were the findings? 
Would someone  like to look at the chart  I have and give an opinion ?
Many thanks , Allanah
Noel Tyl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »

Allanah:

Depression is a real disease, as you surely know; not just a "feeling the blahs." Depression is expeted to be secnd only to heart disease as the world's major cause of disease burden.

Of course, our anticipation for astro-markers includes Mercury and Saturn and Neptune... but there is lot more.  --I suggest you read my overviews of depression in The Astrological Timing of Critical Illness.

Midpoint pictures figure strongly in the vulnerability to depression:  Neptune=Mercury/Saturn is the archetype.  --Then we have pictures that often connote environmental happenings that pull from us deep, possibly depressed reaction: Saturn=Neptune/Pluto, which stongly suggests "the presence of grief, weakness, torment"; Pluto=Saturn/Ascendant, "violent upset, deep anguish, being put down by others"; Ascendant=Saturn/Pluto, "feeling a loss of identity."   --And of course, "=" connotes high-tension aspect, bsed on the fourth harmonic.

Remember the "mind set" is so very often portrayed by the 3rd House and its rulership condition.

Hope this helps you into a fascinating study

Noel Tyl
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:55:48 PM by Noel Tyl » Logged

Noel Tyl
James Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

We've touched upon bipolar disorder before here on this forum...here's one link...

http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php?topic=4467.0

And I see that the links I previously supplied in this thread no longer route to the appropriate places, but if one wants to find them on that site, they are still there somewhere...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:23:50 PM by Jim Williams » Logged

"The message blazoned across the heavens at the moment of birth is not meant to emphasize fate, but to arouse man's will to escape from his universal thralldom. What he has done he can undo. None other than himself was the instigator of the causes of whatever effects are now prevalent in his life."
amymaddalozzo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »

My close friend's brother has manic depression as well as MS  his data is:  February 18, 1959  at 9PM EST detroit michigan.  Note that hehas mercury in early pisces square jupiter,  square mars in gemini and opposed pluto in virgo 
James Williams

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »

It is interesting that your close friend's brother has both Mars and Jupiter involved along with Pluto and Mercury.  Noel has described what to look for in major depression, but bipolar or manic depressive episodes would seem to suggest the involvement of Mars and Jupiter, and perhaps Uranus in some cases as well, in addition to what Noel has described for the depressive stage.

"The message blazoned across the heavens at the moment of birth is not meant to emphasize fate, but to arouse man's will to escape from his universal thralldom. What he has done he can undo. None other than himself was the instigator of the causes of whatever effects are now prevalent in his life."
Don Borkowski

Stultus ego odi.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »

One of my astrological colleagues supplied the data for two of her granddaughters.  They are cousins, and both are bi-polar.  This suggests that the condition may be partially genetic.

Woman #1:  October 12, 1977, 3:02 pm MST, Tucson, AZ
Woman #2:  December 11, 1987, 1:14 am PST, Torrance, CA

Interestingly, both of these charts contain a stellium within the mutable grand cross:  the 6th and 3rd houses repectively.  I suspect that a stellium can lead to contradictory feelings, which may be a root of the bi-polar disorder.

Don Borkowski
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:56:24 PM by Don Borkowski » Logged

True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR
James Williams

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:06:27 AM »

Regarding Don's examples, female 1 has Jupiter (10, 11) trine Uranus (1), and Mars (2) square Sun (7) which suggests the more manic end of the spectrum, and female 2 similarly has a Fire Grand Trine which includes Jupiter (3) and Uranus (5) and Sun (11).  The depressive end of the spectrum can be seen in both of these charts by applying Noel's methods for depression.

Mellinda Poor

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »

Here is the birth data for an individual who has struggled with severe bipolar disorder for the past ten years. They have been committed and have spent approximately 5 of those past 10 years (on and off) living either in the psych ward of the hospital or in a transitional care facility.
DOB: December 26, 1977 3:28AM PST Los Angeles, CA  Asc 18Sc49

Second house of self-worth stellium of Mer-Ven-Sun is opposed Jupiter
Jupiter is quindecile Neptune - manic episodes bring forth a religious fanatacism; also midpoint Mer=Jup/Nep
Moon squares Pluto-Node conjunction
Mars squares Uranus-Asc - manic side?
Although none of the midpoint pictures outlined by Mr. Tyl are present, Mer=Sat/Plu

While the chart might suggest drug use, illegal drug use has never been an issue for this person. They have, however, attempted suicide by overdose of prescription meds.
Mellinda Poor

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »

Also, the medications prescribed for bipolar disorder are very damaging to the liver, so it makes sense in that regard that we will find tension involving Jupiter in the charts of the diagnosed. When the individual above attempted suicide by overdosing on prescription meds, the major risk from the meds was liver failure.
James Williams

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »

Excellent points Mellinda.  It's interesting to note that 10 years ago, transiting Uranus (4) in Aquarius was at the IC in this person's chart, opposing natal Saturn in Virgo and quindecile natal Mars in Leo!  So here is another "bipolar" signature!

waterbird

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »

Jim, Melinda,

I've known manic depression well over years, I married a bi-polar person. Partying and dancing on tables one night, then flat on his back in bed wanting to kill him self next morning. It isn't much fun at all. The chart has Mercury, conj. Moonand Chiron in Taurus, then Sun at 2 Gemini in 12th House. Venus just under the Desc. @ 10 degree Gemini. Neptune, Mars and Jupiter in Virgo 3rd - numerous hosp admissions did not really help the accute alcohol addiction. Pluto in Cancer 2nd. Most of his Planets fit into my 2nd House - Iv'e never known anyone more needy! '

Melinda, the Virgo Stellium is fascinating - lies, deceit and spending!

water bird
James Williams

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 06:38:05 AM »

Thank you water bird for sharing.  I'm seeing the Mars-Neptune (charisma)-Jupiter stellium as the manic end, and Moon-Mercury-Chiron as the depressive end, especially if one or more of these is squared by Saturn.

waterbird

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »

Allanah,

A Sun/Jupiter contact can be an indication of a delusion of self image that performs way beyond normal means of the individual. Often the individual is clever and perhaps walks a fine line between sanity and insanity. In the manic state little sleep is needed and spending can increase beyond the individual's means.

I noted the Pluto-Moon contacts would usher in the depressive state when the individual would become aware of the negligence of loss of contact with family and deceit and secretive behaviour would be openly expressed, then denied at a later time when the delusional 'wellness' was in play.Grandiose plans etc. would be discussed that could never occur.

water bird
Don Borkowski

Stultus ego odi.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

Comedian Jonathan Winters is bi-polar.  His data is:  November 11, 1925 @ 8:23 pm in Dayton, Ohio.

D.B.

True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR
James Williams

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 05:02:48 AM »

Yes, in Jonathan Winter's chart, Jupiter sextiles the Sun, and the Sun is trined by Uranus.  Uranus also opposes his Moon, while Mars contacts Neptune (charisma).  All of these I would equate with the manic side...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: