Author Topic: Progressed synastry more important than natal  (Read 12589 times)

Offline adol33

Progressed synastry more important than natal
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
Hi all,

I just wanted to post my observations about synastry. I wrote a simple program a couple of years ago that determines synastry based on the natal and progressed charts. After a few hundred thousand downloads and checking dozens of relationships it began to dawn on me that natal-progressed and progressed-natal synastry charts are far more relevant to determining the current state of the relationship (obviously), but I had almost become conditioned by sites that determine synastry that use only the birth charts to calculate synastry and tend to focus more on lesser points like the asteroids than progressions. As you know, progressions can take a long time!

If you're interested you can find it if you Google starlove software. I met Noel in 1993 in Durban where he signed his book on solar arcs, still got it, that was a major gift you gave me, thanks.

Adrian

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
Re: Progressed synastry more important than natal
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
Hi Adrian

Yes, I agree.  I have used Progressed and Solar Arc to natal and to Progressed in synastry for years and it works very  well.

For example, when my son and his wife got married his SP MC was conjunct her natal MC and SP South Node conjunct her SP 7th house Venus.  Her SP and Solar Arc Descendant was conjunct his natal Ascendant.

In addition his SP Mars was conjunct her natal Part of Marriage Contract and her SP North Node was conjunct his Part of Marriage.

Alice

Old Guy in Astrology

Re: Progressed synastry more important than natal
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
Your natal chart is what you were born with and what you had to contend with when you were born and for the next 6 years or so afterwards.  But while you may still have the intelligence and aptitudes of your birth, your 2ndary progressed chart shows what you have to work on and what you have to contend with both between you and everyone else years later.

As I said in another post today,  the crises between myself and my daughter came to a head when our progressed charts had my progressed Mercury aspecting alsmot exactly seven of her planet, including Squaring her Saturn which was already Rx at birth.  Even if I'd seen it coming back in 1991, I doubt that I could have done much about it.