Author Topic: Access problem & error message  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Antonio

Access problem & error message
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:11:58 AM »
Hello,

Since the last 5 days or so, I'm getting this message when I try to access www.noeltyl.com. I get the same message with different computers, locations and web browsers. Location in Europe: Lisbon, Portugal
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Server at www.noeltyl.com Port 80"
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Your hosts have changed their mod_security settings?  ???

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:57:46 AM by Antonio »

Old Guy in Astrology

Re: Access problem & error message
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:10:16 AM »
Apparently the Internet Service provider of the site(ISP) was hacked into and had some kind of virus.  Many many sites operated by this company were down. 

Offline Antonio

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
Thank you for the info OGA!

I see that few people post after March 26. yet, some tools used to confirm if a site is down or not, gave as result that "the site is up":

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

I can access the site with a different ip. Maybe is not a virus but some error due to a recent update made by the host...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:30:41 AM by Antonio »

Offline Noel Tyl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »

............Thank you, All... for your patience and personal notes.....  It has been horribly difficult to clear this up, this "forbidden" sate of affairs.

Finally, early this morning, a list of names (ip addresses) was isolated and banned.  Some robots were intruding on the site at a rate of 10,000 messages a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still working to rescue the "good" who were unavoidably locked out with the "bad".  More about this later.

Those of you reading this now are no longer caught up with the problem.  But if things are NOT smooth for you, we will advise next week.  We just don't have much energy left today, after five days of this.

Again, thank you so much for your patience.........admin and Noel Tyl
Noel Tyl

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »
Ah, I'm able to get back on again...it looks like there was only one post so far today, so more access problems?!
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:41 PM »
Hi James ... everybody

Yes we had more access problems yesterday but it looks like everything is okay now. We are very sorry for the frustration and confusion, hopefully we are back on track now.

Cathy

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 02:49:44 AM »
Hi Cathy, sorry to report that I encountered a few of the same old login issues just now.  Persistence paid off though.

Thanks much for all you do on the Forum!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:40:52 AM »
Your very welcome :) I am finding it takes me a couple of log-in attempts to get on to the forum but as long as we are not getting the white error page we are in good shape I think!

Cathy