Author Topic: Angles, Disorientation, and Suicide  (Read 8154 times)

Offline James Williams

Angles, Disorientation, and Suicide
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »
Any examples of the following article by Noel?

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/031130.html

Management of Measurement Constructs

For 11/30/03 analytical
Techniques

Why the Angles are so Important--and some insight about Suicide

We know the Angles are all-important.

Any planet on an Angle or, say, within two degrees of an Angle, or squaring an Angle tightly is going to command a front-and-center position in analysis.

Conjunct or square the Midheaven-IC axis: much will be said in terms of parental interaction, work-choice and demeanor, status, these dimensions focusing all-importantly within the personality development. We see Queen Elizabeth with Saturn conjunct the Midheaven, Hemingway with Uranus conjunct the IC (a most unusual family situation), Jackie Kennedy, Neptune on the Midheaven; Prince Charles, Neptune on the IC; Leonardo da Vinci, Saturn on the Midheaven (shunned by his parents from birth)..

Conjunct the Ascendant-Descendant axis: much will be said in terms of personal identity projection and public interaction. We see Audrey Hepburn with Neptune on the 7th; Hugh Hefner, Uranus on the 7th; Martin Luther King and Jacques Cousteau, Jupiter on the Ascendant; Tony Blair, Mars on the Ascendant; Judy Garland, Pluto on the Ascendant; Queen Victoria, Sun-Moon on the Ascendant; Beethoven, Uranus on the 7th (marked eccentricity).

The Midheaven is determined by the time of our birth. The Ascendant is determined by the place of our birth. The time and place of our birth give us the indelible, individual orientation each of us has toward our life. This Grand Cross of axes sights us, aims us into the developmental time and experiential space of all of life. The Houses issue from these Angles. We become, we are our Angles.

This is precisely why rectification can ONLY be accomplished through exacting reference to the Angles, not to some simple planetary placement in some House somewhere. The Angles, receiving Arcs and major transits throughout life development, respond symbolically to mark the time and place of birth. Determination of the proper Angles is the sine qua non of rectification in astrology.

Disorientation

In the study of the onset or climax of critical illness, we see over and over and over again the activation of the Angles of the horoscope. We constantly see Pluto, then Neptune and Saturn in the main, along with the startling quindecile aspect, active within human systemic and somatic breakdown. –We sense that, under change (including aging) or some disorientation (disappointment), our mortal system easily falters.

We can see as well that the Arc or Transit of Neptune over or square an Angle of the horoscope corresponds most often to the elimination or blurring of ego definition, a “wipe-out” of some kind through drugs and/or alcohol, through delusion, through fantasy, through bewildering circumstance. This correspondence seems to occur more powerfully with the engagement of an Angle than it does even in relation to the Sun or Moon!

Suicide is, of course, the ultimate critical illness –and it is the third leading cause of death among American adolescents (In young adults, it is the second leading cause of death). World psychiatric experts see suicide as the result of holistic psychological pain rather than as the result of a specific psychological disease. Psychoanalyst Edwin Shneidman, who has studied suicide for some 50 years and is author of the leading text about it (The Suicidal Mind, Oxford University Press, 1996) writes, “We live our lives in pursuit of psychological needs. When an individual commits suicide, that person is trying to blot out psychological pain that stems from thwarted psychological needs ‘vital’ for that person.” --In short this is a short-circuit of our orientation within life, grown to its intolerable maximum.

Shneidman’s research points up that relationships with the father are more critical than relationships with the mother with reference to early warning patterns. Seeds of rejection are planted in the individual’s mind. Then there are the measures of success or lack of it –objective measurement and self-measurement. Those who feel they are “ambitious, capable, competitive, contented, fair-minded, intelligent, out-going, reasonable, secure, self-controlled, sincere, and sophisticated” are dramatically less liable to commit suicide.

The trait-labels ascribed to the “least successful” are “cautious, defensive, depressed, dissatisfied, frustrated, lonely, reserved, and vulnerable.” These traits mark the beginnings of disorientation, i.e., are deficit-significant.

--There is much more presented on this subject in Tyl: The Astrological Timing of Critical Illness.”

A key point can easily be made here: in the list of traits, note the emphasis of traits that are concomitant with the Angles of any horoscope!: parental interaction; success on the job; personal projection; perceived/objective status orientation.

When Ernest Hemingway shot himself (as his father had done), tr Pluto was exactly on his Ascendant Angle, with tr Saturn simultaneously opposed his Sun. SA Moon had just crossed his 7th cusp.

Actor Brian Keith, learning that he had cancer, committed suicide with tr Pluto exactly on his Ascendant, tr Uranus square his Moon, and SA Uranus opposed his Sun.

Michel Gauquelin committed suicide just as SA Neptune was leaving conjunction with his IC, opposing his Midheaven, with SA Saturn exactly square his Sun, and SA Uranus exactly opposed his Moon.

Adolph Hitler committed suicide with SA Pluto-Neptune exactly square his Ascendant.

All of these acts of suicide could have been anticipated –warded off?—astrologically.

Suicide ends confusion, frustration, and disorientation. “Ending it all” means just that.

The Angles figure prominently in such disorientation and, with clinical study of suicide, we learn that early-warning signs are so often all too clear as they accumulate. Tied with the astrology of the Angles, we can understand much about orientation and disorientation in life; purpose and process
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

Re: Angles, Disorientation, and Suicide
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:10:56 AM »
And here's Part 2... ;D

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/040102.html

Management of Measurement Constructs

December 31, 2003; Analytical Techniques

Advanced Synthesis Study--Angular Disorientation--

Prerequisite for this study, please see “Analytical Techniques”, November 30, 2003: “Why the Angles are so Important –and some insights about Suicide.”

In this man’s horoscope –June 8, 1810 at 9:20 PM, LMT, in Zwickau, Germany [Asc 4 Capricorn 14]— we see extreme pressure on all four Angles: Uranus is tightly conjunct the Midheaven; Venus, ruler of the IC is conjunct Mercury-rx tightly conjunct the Descendant; and Saturn, ruler of the Ascendant, is retrograde, in conjunction with Neptune and opposed the Sun.

This immediately suggests a challenge in life [time/space] orientation; conspicuous identity development problems to be expected (the Ascendant ruler retrograde and under high developmental tension).

This surmise is lifted a level of intensity by Pluto, ruler of the Midheaven squaring the axis of Saturn-Neptune opposed Sun-Mars. This mighty T-Square involves the rulership reference to six Houses: the identity formation 1st, the self-worth 2nd, the mind-set 3rd, the parental 4th and 10th, the love-received 11th and the 8th (part of the sexual profile). Additionally, the Uranus opposition with Jupiter, brings in the 12th House which, within the accumulating “feel” of synthesis, will suggest self-undoing.

Lifting the orientation to yet an even higher level of identity orientation tension we see the Mars-Sun quindecile to the complicated Ascendant.  We should note that the Mars quindecile has an orb of just 5’ and is the closest aspect in the horoscope. This is an intense identity drive out of confusion, through obstacles, in a panic.

The Mars-Sun in Gemini accentuates all the different channels taken up to establish self. The placement in the 6th promises a very, very difficult time cooperating with others.

And on top of all of this: the Sun-Moon blend, tied to Mercury, the dispositor of both, promises high communications skills, with the incisive mind ideally being “everything” to this man. --So often these abilities in their extremity get out of hand. There can be intense feelings of being misunderstood, misdirected, disorientated … and all of these considerations are knotted around the aspect structures. The fighting-back, if you will, is usually obsessive, self-captivating (Mars-Sun quindecile Ascendant).

The Moon is fed directly into the maelstrom through its quindecile with Pluto, a parental ruler. –This man’s mother was extremely influential, intrusive. The father died when this man, Robert, was 16 years old (Mars=Asc).

On the uplifting side of this synthesis orientation, we see Mercury-retrograde –and the contrapuntal signification of the mind-set doesn’t surprise us—conjoined with Venus –idealism in a swoon, the highest romantic— tightly conjunct the Descendant. We note that Venus is trine to Uranus at the MC: this Venus romance factor is piped directly into the profession. –Robert is Robert Schumann, one of the arch-composers of the Romantic Period, with a vast output of compositions to his credit before his early death at Middle-age.

Schumann was brought up by his father to be a writer, connected with books: here is part of the Mars identity-tension syndrome linked to the 3rd House, ruled by Mars. After his father’s death, his mother pressed Robert into the study of law, linked with the Venus rulership of the 9th, the Uranus-MC opposition with Jupiter, disposited by Venus, and Venus trine the Uranus-MC conjunction. Robert’s mother pressed for him to study medicine as well. But Robert obsessively wanted to be a pianist.

Schumann’s mother finally relented, and Robert did become an eminent pianist. He married the famous Clara (Schumann) a grandly recognized pianist and composer in her own right, the daughter of Robert’s teacher. –This fact, that his wife (and the mother of their 7 children) was so celebrated as a pianist and composer gave great competitive disorientation to Robert.

The fourth finger on Robert’s right hand gradually became paralyzed, shattering his performing career, and Schumann turned obsessively to composition, gaining a pre-eminent position in that sphere as well. He drove himself to nervous exhaustion.

But at the same time, these shifts of vocational pursuits (several others not mentioned here), the problems, the struggles, all played into his vulnerability to identity confusion. He showed dramatic absent-mindedness. He found “talking hateful”! He couldn’t be bothered with other people. He attempted suicide twice. And, finally in the two-year period 1849-51 [SA Pluto q=MC to SA Pluto q=Uranus], was judged insane and was committed to an asylum. –He died at age 46 [the accumulated Solar Arc semisquare for a slow-arc].

An excerpt from Schumann’s diary, from correspondence: “I am not altogether clear what I really am. II think I have imagination. A deep thinker I am not. I can never pursue a thought to its logical conclusion, however well I have prepared the ground.”

“My life so far has been twenty years of struggle between poetry and prose, or, if you like to call it so, Music and Law. Now, I am standing at the crossroads and am frightened by the problem of which way to choose.”

“I suffer rheumatic pains with feelings of apprehension, depressing melancholy, bad attacks of giddiness … and unendurable humiliation on account of Clara’s ‘state’.”

This study focuses upon “troubled Angles”, a troubled orientation in the world. Schumann’s father died with SA Mars=Asc. With SA Saturn=Asc, Schumann dramatically founded a music magazine, his brother and sister-in-law died, and he himself attempted suicide. He died with Angles arced to semisquare their natal locations.

The enormous creative thrust in his life was symbolized clearly by the Mercury-Venus conjunction, with the all-important Mercury in Mutual reception andsextile with the Moon. This was captured by MC=Moon/Venus. And the four Quintiles played their role as well: four strong foci of creative energy, centering on the Moon.

There is no doubt that the angles are alive within us in extreme intensity when they are emphasized by planetary conjunctions and/or strong aspects. The symbolisms register in our orientation to our life direction and the developmental pressures through which we live. All of the orientation considerations here in Schumann’s life became the contrapuntal statement of the Mercury-retrograde, the dispositor of the Moon, the Sun, the Mars.
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Francine

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »
Thanks for posting this James. I have pondered a good deal about the horoscope of my last post and with that Cap stellium, he will have a couple planets by solar arc arrive at his descendant within the decade, including Neptune and Uranus. Transits of Uranus and Pluto will be making conjunctions and squares with his midheaven and Neptune with his Sun-Moon midpoint. And knowing now about all his houses under developmental tension it has worried me as I know he has had suicidal thoughts the past year and that is one reason for seeing a therapist.

Knowing myself, I can make everything look ominous so decided to check when I had solar arc Neptune on my descendant and it was my junior yr of high school. I came down with Mono and then the same virus attacked my liver and I was very ill with hepatitis for at least 4 months in the spring of my junior yr. I had a boyfriend who graduated that year and left to join the Navy! (Neptune!) and we broke up soon after. That fall I found a new boyfriend who was a Pisces, worst boyfriend of my entire life. Actually, worst person ever
in my entire life. But I was caught up in all kinds of delusions and illusions about him and trying to prove
(lying?) to my parents he was wonderful, haha, they knew better. Anyway, that is how solar arc Neptune worked when it came to my descendant, very survivable but also unforgettable.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:18:38 AM by Francine »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
Thank you Francine!  :)

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 05:22:49 AM »
Paris Jackson, the 15-year-old daughter of Michael Jackson, supposedly attempted suicide last Wednesday...how do these articles by Noel correlate with her attempted suicide?!

Here is a link to her birth info...and please notice how current solar arcs in her horoscope correlate with these articles--especially if her birth time is rectified to around 6:22 AM...

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Jackson,_Paris

Offline Stacy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 10:43:55 AM »
As we come to the end of a long Thanksgiving holiday weekend (for Americans, anyway), I believe Saturn in relation to each word of this topic is increasingly significant. I just read a very sad, eye-opening article about elderly and disabled people who commit suicide especially around the holidays (nothing new there), or at least live in needless isolation. Saturn. There is no need for this!  There are so many lonely people in the world. If we could all keep one another company, the holidays need not be so depressing!

And---if those fortunate enough to be around family/friends would realize that one day they might be alone, perhaps they would take time out of their busy activities and include a lonely relative or stranger in even a small, short way. These suicides can be prevented...

Stacy
"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »
Stacy,

I believe I read that or a similar article. The desperation and disillusionment is palpable and exploited by politicians on all sides.

A friend of mine committed suicide and ever since I've doing walks with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The group's goal is to reduce the rate of suicide in the US 20% by 2025. It looks like an up hill battle, especially if we consider drug over does, which they don't but I do, to the count. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Totally with you on this one Stacy....

All the best,

HVA

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
James,

Had a somewhat lengthy response and lost it due to a power outage...  >:(

The gist of it on Paris was that SA Pluto=Mars '13 with transiting Pluto opposed her Moon, transiting Uranus conjunct the Sun and transiting MC on Neptune paints a pretty dismal picture to accompany the news reports for June 3, 2013.

Paris learned that her birth father was not Michael Jackson.

Natally, Neptune squares the Ascendant... The Sun-Moon is in a natural square suggesting tension between the birth parents... Hemisphere emphasis is decidedly Southern, with an Eastern lean... the set up for victimization is clear, and as well Paris' potential for being prone to depression... Saturn-Mars contacting Mercury retrograde, Mercury ruling the sixth and third houses.

There is further concern here when Solar Arc Pluto in '19 and transiting Pluto-Saturn square natal Mars, ruler of the Ascendant. Pluto crosses Mars 3x's over 2019-2020 last hitting Mars January 2020... transiting Uranus squares natal Neptune and transiting Neptune at 16 Aries is within range of the midpoint picture Mercury=Sun/Mars... hopefully the action she feels compelled to take is 'no action' that may hurt her.

The midpoint picture most unsettling for Paris suggesting a corroborative warning is Pluto=Sun/Neptune... Often times people who attempt suicide aren't successful on the first or second try... This midpoint picture involving Pluto says "fateful deception..." the news that MJ was not her birth father was devastating... now that the 'false identity' has been made public... Paris will need to absorb this information...

There is hope, if Paris can endure the pressures of her 'thanatophobic' thoughts and catathymic impulses... and learn to manage the intrapersonal gremlins in her head... the midpoint picture MC=Venus/Pluto may bode well as Jupiter races to the scene, in an attempt to rescue the girl... a touch of grace, repeatedly, within a prolonged period of stress and turmoil.

All the best,

HVA

Offline James Williams

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 05:33:34 AM »
Thank you Stacy and Tim for your important contributions here!  :)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »
January 2, 2017

Dear Jimmy,

Time flies! Huh? It has been over 5 years since you shot yourself in the head. The hour was sometime after midnight, early Friday morning. You decided on the balcony so that you wouldn’t make a mess in the apartment. That was just like you; never wanting to make a mess of things so that others might have to clean up after you.

Having had time to reflect on your decision and to wrestle the issue in my own mind, I have come to learn much more about life than the thanatophobic thoughts that must have plagued you. Suicide has never crossed my mind except for the consideration of why and how others commit the ultimate act of “self-harm.” But let’s be honest, while many of us may have had a ‘thought’ here or there about how and why we kill ourselves, most of us don’t fantasize about it. We lack the motivation, means, and mentality to pull the trigger (no pun intended). Thank God. But for some reason the perfect “mental storm” hit you that day, and life came crashing down.

We talked so often on the phone. You never failed to reach out whenever you visited your mom on a trip back east. But the one call I regret the most was the call I missed. It was Wednesday I remember. I was in a rush leaving the office, so I didn’t feel as though I had time to connect. Besides you had been so dam pissy about things in general: politics, business, and world affairs. We never argued but you sure seemed like you were itching for a fight that day, which surprised me. Only later would I learn about a legendary temper which included throwing furniture and breaking things. So, I figured we’d catch up later… and I cut you off. I answered, “Hey, let me call you back.” But when I called you back you didn’t answer… so I tried again… no answer… finally, we learned what happened Saturday as Facebook lit up, emails came in and smart phones vibrated. So many people who admired you reached out to each other in disbelief and confusion. And of course with hindsight and time it all made sense. Knowing how abusive and difficult the early home life was for you put an exclamation point on the matter, but that’s not the entire story is it?

You were born in Beacon, NY on January 19, 1962. I figure that you came into the world just shy of 6:00 AM… probably 7 or so minutes before the hour. You were somewhat closed mouth about your birth time, knowing my passion for astrology. But this time seems to fit. 5:53 AM aligns significantly with the most important time of your life: The End, September 2, 2011. You chose to end your life by a single shot to the head. Holding the gun under your chin with both hands and pulling the trigger so that the bullet might take a skyward trajectory and not stray. The last thing you would want to do is accidentally hit someone else; ever thoughtful you were Jim.

Your Sun in Capricorn really came out didn’t it? You amassed over a million dollars, a beautiful house in Arizona, and the apartment in Austin. Weird though that you had no furniture or anything on the walls wherever you lived. It was as though you were "blank" inside, but nobody knew about the ‘emptiness’ except your best friend Sam who was perhaps most distraught over your suicide. You kept everything white washed and secret. The part that needed to come out, couldn’t come out. Being gay was tantamount to, well tantamount to killing yourself. Just look at that profile in your chart. Venus5-10conjuncts Sun8 in the first and squares the Midheaven. And I think the real difficulties began as you kept your secret wrapped up so tight. The troubled identity formation is reflected in the condition the Sun which is suppressed by Saturn, ruler of the Ascendant. We see an echo in the Sun=Venus/Saturn midpoint picture that speaks to relationship difficulties. All contained in the first house, emphasizing an eastern hemisphere emphasis, walling out the world in the gated community in your mind. At the same time the Sun is square the Midheaven, and quindecile the Moon which rules the 7th. The fact that the Sun is also inconjunct Uranus retrograde, ruler of the 2nd house of self-worth, suggests an enormous amount of adjustment required around how you feel about who you are, and who you are becoming. This observation seems to echo the identity difficulties already stated in the condition of Saturn, ruling the Ascendant, suppressing the Sun (identity). Self-worth anxieties, second house concerns, imploded on your capacity to connect and maintain intimacy with others due to a mismatch in how you thought you needed to be versus how you thought other saw you. There were impulsive and compelling obsessions (quindeciles) that drove your behavior away from the "ideal" self (no doubt a masculine hero of some sort), away from the conservative successful persona, that was all business, and toward a free, independent and self-indulgent radical boy who wins his father's affection. You must have hated the fact that you were attracted to men, but you couldn’t stop yourself. Nor, could you care to think that the people who loved you wouldn’t have minded anyway.

Your father sounded like a nasty soul. No wonder you hated him. He murdered someone and got away with it, which embarrassed you, but also made you strangely proud. He shot himself dead too. No wonder, and unlike you I think he deserved it. He set your house on fire when you were on vacation with your family. All because he was mad at your mom and they were having a tiff over something or other. I’m not sure why you felt compelled to emulate your father? The whole animus and anima thing almost seems to come to life by your example. The father you never had secretly drawing and quartering you with homophobic imaginings. Mars is peregrine and ruler of the 4th house. The only contact it makes is with the Nodal Axis, which we know describes the relationship we have with the mother figure. Here the mother ascends, Mercury conjunct the Nodes, the relationship with the mother figure idealized somehow. But the sense we get from such an aggressive and combative paternal figure suggests that Mars is more representative of the father figure in your case, even though it rules the 4th house and Saturn in close contact with the Sun echoes this suggestion. I have come to observe that difficult rulerships of the 4th often suggest a diminished father figure whenever the the mother is forced to rule the roost. In your case, she ascends in your experience and then she herself drowns in acute alcoholism, which eventually takes your brother Tommy's life as well (Neptune in 10, ruling the third, is trine the Moon and square Jupiter, ruler of the 12th).

We don’t think of suicide as being easy. It takes a certain amount of courage to be able to shoot someone, anyone, much less the self. But your chart eerily suggests that there was a certain amount of ease at hand that day. Transiting Saturn trined your natal Jupiter, ruler of the 12th and transiting Neptune, 3rd house ruler, trined your MC. Your sister’s intervention provided you temporary shelter while you feigned a desire to heal, but when in fact you were only mustering up the courage. Six months you spent in her spare room without coming out to see the light of day. And your loneliness and depression imploded, gradually giving way, you built up the conviction to carry out the plan that you carried in your heavily sullen heart.

But what mustn’t have been easy was Pluto arching to the midheaven, simultaneously squaring the Sun. EXACTLY! That erratic untamable Uranus exactly squaring your troublesome Mars, and SA Neptune casting a blinding fog over any chance you might have had to see the light of day. And although SA Jupiter squared the Ascendant and the Moon was favorably angled from the 8th house, the portents of other measurements suggested that the Moon and Jupiter merely insured that the end would be over with quickly. Transiting Uranus squared the Ascendant at the same time that Pluto traversed this critical degree in your chart AND the trouble maker himself, Mars, quindicile’d the Ascendant from the seventh exactly opposed natal Mars. You would succeed, like you succeeded at most things, and you would kill yourself.

We never had that talk Jimmy, but your memory lives on in me. The history we shared together was brutally disrupted by a bullet of ignorance. Suicide is perhaps the single most important issue of our day and we hardly speak about it. I want to talk about Jim, and I want to learn more about it. And I wish that I could talk about it with you.

All the best my friend,

Love

Tim   

Offline James Williams

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 04:20:18 PM »
Thank you again, Tim, for your contribution here.  You just reminded me of a book on suicide that Noel has often mentioned here, by Edwin S. Shneidman, entitled, The Suicidal Mind.  I've had it for several years now, and it will be one that will probably always stay in my library...

Offline Stacy

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
HVA:  Just came upon your posts regarding suicide I had missed and once I deal with a few other matters look forward to another of your touching, educational stories.  It's a topic very near and dear to my heart as someone battling severe depression almost my entire life (Saturn ruling and in 3rd; Sun, Merc and S Node in 3rd). As the T Moon squares my N Moon exactly my nasty teenage neighbor upstairs is banging on his floor/my ceiling so loudly that my poor stressed bunny is hiding under the bed. I can deal with it despite multiple anxiety disorders --noise being a HUGE trigger for my PTSD --but to terrify my vulnerable pet is unforgivable and I will make them suffer if it means banging on the ceiling at 3am in true Plutonian revenge that I could care less about evolving past at times like this. Whew!

Dec. 27 was the anniversary of my ex-boyfriend's stunning suicide by shotgun blast (I didn't even know he knew how to shoot a gun!). Halina delineated his N chart and time of suicide in a prior thread. His poor depressed, alcoholic/drug addicted 12h house Pisces Moon apparently was overwhelmed.   My chart isn't exactly free of similar thoughts (though not with a shotgun!), but I hope to keep plodding along until it's time to leave the planet.

Anyway, I am interested in the book James W referred to below and will have to check Amazon for a copy.  This is a Very important topic and I cringe whenever someone says it was "cowardly" or they are angry for being left to deal with problems, etc.  Having come close to the actual act on 2 previous occasions - the most I will say about that - I know it is far from cowardly in most cases. People take their own life because they are getting their heads kicked in from pain, physical or otherwise. People do it when they are simply out-of-gas...

Stacy   

"Help they brother's boat across, and, lo, thine own has reached the shore".                   Unknown

Offline Stacy

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 08:12:15 PM »
Stacy,

I believe I read that or a similar article. The desperation and disillusionment is palpable and exploited by politicians on all sides.

A friend of mine committed suicide and ever since I've doing walks with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The group's goal is to reduce the rate of suicide in the US 20% by 2025. It looks like an up hill battle, especially if we consider drug over does, which they don't but I do, to the count. It's always darkest before the dawn.

Definitely feel for you/with you on this, Tim. And I applaud you for doing something to bring attention to this tragic, misunderstood cause of death.

Stacy

Totally with you on this one Stacy....

All the best,

HVA