Author Topic: Pluto By House  (Read 9449 times)

Offline James Williams

Pluto By House
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:32:03 AM »
Another informative article by Noel...perhaps others here will comment upon Pluto in the houses?!

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/091231.html
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline rebecca

Re: Pluto By House
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »
I do appreciate Noel Tyl's insight, however, for me personally, his academic style of communication completely obscures his brilliant insights.  

For example:

Pluto near the ascendent creates a strong self awareness.  They are a force to be reckoned with. “Stuff” (money, things, surroundings) helps them define, to themselves, who they are. Others fascinate them.  Personal relation/ships fascinate them. From these they learn immeasurably.

Pluto in house 2 wonders deeply about self-worth.  They personally relate day to day stress to  their “value as a person” and often become so defensive that others can no longer reach them.

Just sayin'  

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:17:49 PM by rebecca »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:10:43 AM »
Hi rebecca, thank you again for sharing.  Your comments bring back memories of when I first began to read Noel's books back in the 80's, and how frustrated I felt at times for not grasping what this man was definitely illuminating.

Now I'm wondering if this may be one of the main reasons that practically nobody is responding to any of these numerous articles by Noel that I have posted here the last few weeks.  Especially those who have not taken his Master's course or are not familiar with his books.

But then there are the Master's graduates themselves--they are not contributing here to Noel's articles either, and perhaps it's because they already know it, and don't feel like commenting on this material again.

Before I began posting Noel's article, the Asteriod section on this forum outnumbered Noel's Essays section 4 pages to 2!!! 

It's a mystery to me... ???
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline rebecca

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
Sorry if my post was unclear.  Touch is touch. When you explain it too much,well, it dis-engages from the source.

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
...understood!  ;D

Offline Maz

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:47:31 PM »
Thanks for reminding us about these excellent articles.

I remember I once did one of these MBTI assessments for a group of people. I kept telling them to just do their own and not to discuss the results or questions and just do what they instinctively thought was the right answer for them. They should not discuss the results with any of the people sitting with them. Every answer for every person was being discussed and the whole session was a mess. They were all answering for each other and no matter what I said, they were all swapping, discussing and changing!  :-\

When I was analysing their results later on, they were all the same profile, well of course they would be  >:(. So I randomly selected personality styles for them - there are 16 styles in all and I chose a different one for each. The next day they were amazed. EVERYONE WAS RIGHT they declared. The styles described them completely! It was so funny.

...Which leads me to my point. In Noel's description, I always read what I'm not and my Pluto is in the 10th. Not one of the other 11 descriptions describes me. WoW...

Not only that, none of the keywords for the other 11 seem to resonate with me, only the 10th, so a very powerful article and to the point.

Maz

Offline pdw

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
Hi James, I know one thing for sure about Noel's essays: They are a treasure trove of Noel's excellent thinking about Life & Astrology, in short form, sort of S&C-Lite.  Perfect for when you need a quick refresher or Astrology pick-me-up...in fact, I think the collection would make an interesting book appealing to all in the Astrology community.  Presumptuous of me but a title even popped into mind - Noel Tyl presents An Invitation to Astrology      

Offline James Williams

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »
Thank you Maz and pdw!  :)

Offline Antonio

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 12:38:53 AM »
Once, they asked this scientist what he thought about Astrology. He replied: "Whenever someone moves a finger, a star dances in the sky." Here, the interviewer asked: "And what happens when a star moves?" The scientist replied: "Someone on earth makes a pirouette!" Fernando Carvalho Rodrigues, known as the father of the first Portuguese satellite, was born on January 28, 1947. He also enjoys singing and has a relative physiognomic resemblance with tenor Luciano Pavarotti (1935-2007).

The word choreography literally means "dance-writing", from the Greek words for "circular dance" and "writing".

I can easily conceive Noel's writing style and techniques as choreography!

As for the luminous book suggestion by pdw, please make a Kindle version, too. With my increasingly poor sight, paper books tend to stay on the shelf, feeding the bugs. I just moved into a new home (for the ninth time in 10 years) and I'm getting too old (and lazy) to carry a pile of books.

Building Your Book for Kindle [free Kindle Edition]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007URVZJ6
-----------------------------------------
I appreciate the opportunity to revisit some of the Essays. They ‘sink in’* deeper everytime!

* ‘First you think it’s strange, then it sinks in’ (‘Primeiro estranha-se, depois entranha-se’) was the first portuguese slogan (1927), created by the poet Fernando Pessoa, for Coca-Cola. The slogan was censored by the authorities for allegedly advertising a product capable of creating habituation.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:16:14 AM by Antonio »

Offline dixieturner

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
I have Pluto in the 12th house, ruler and exact square to the 4th house. I have Pluto conjunct the Moon (mother, family). My mother had a lot of suppressed anger. She had Sun-Ve-Pluto in close conjunction in Cancer conjunction her Ascendant. Because she didn't feel comfortable expressing her emotions outwardly she could be very passive-aggressive. My dad had a strong personality and we all felt suppressed by him. There was so much unexpressed anger, upset in the home.

In order to learn how to survive this unexpressed suppression, I had to learn how to delve deep into the subconscious and learn how to understand my early family dynamics. I learned early on about non-verbal communication, learning to understand others emotions through sensing them, watching facial expression, body language, so I could tell when I wasn't pleasing people. Moon in Leo conjunct Pluto. A real need to feel loved. A psychologist told me one time that I bought my mothers love by being good.

People with Pluto in the 12th usually can pick up subtle things thru observation of how others act and react to things. It helps us to be good at analyzing things that are not readily seen. And yes, Noel is right, we often feel misunderstood by others. I hope others will pick up the ball from here and tell us how Pluto manifests for them, according to house. Interesting! Dixie

Offline James Williams

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 03:59:18 AM »
Since I started this post, I'll add my 2 cents worth.  I have Pluto in the 11th, about which Noel wrote...

In the 11th , Pluto suggests that "personal perspective is usually dependent upon approval, love received, and the support of friendship. There can be a naiveté about these concerns and reliance upon job income to establish perspective of one's value to others."

I can say that this does not really resonate with me--probably because I have way too strong an Aquarius and Uranus factor.

Instead, I resonate much more with what Jeff Green wrote regarding Pluto in the 11th in his book, Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul, Volume 1...

These persons "have been learning to break free from crystallized and outmoded forms of self-definition as reflected through the composite effect of society, parents, friends or anything else by which the individual was influenced in his or her early years.  In effect, the evolutionary intent has been to shed the skins of the past...As a result, these individuals have needed to reject any situation that arbitrarily defines them; that tells them who and what to be and how to act.  By rebelling they have learned to deflect any external agent that has tried to limit or define them in any way that did not naturally resonate to what they felt they were or were trying to become...It is as if they have learned to stand on the sidelines of human activity, viewing themselves and others from afar.  Because of this, they are disconnected from the bondage of any forms of national or cultural identity.  As a result of this evolutionary response, these individuals have also learned to sever all attachments that prevent further growth or the freedom to explore new ways of discovering themselves.  These individuals have developed the ability to pinpoint those elements within themselves that are no longer of any use to them.  These elements can be emotional patterns, desires, ways of interpreting inner and outer reality, and ways of relating to themselves and to society" (p. 199).

Interestingly, Noel wrote the Preface of this book by Jeff Green..."As I studied Jeff's manuscript, I enjoyed great relief: here was no spiritualist weaving spells.  Rather, here was an extremely sensitive, spiritually eclectic, and psychologically sophisticated astrologer working with the intangible world in a tangible way" (p. xvii).

:)

Offline James Williams

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 04:41:15 AM »
Hi Robynne, yes I hear your very valid concerns regarding disconnection, but what I get from what Jeff Green wrote here is certainly a much different "flavor".  Green very often writes and comes from a "spiritualized" or "evolutionary" perspective, and here what he is talking about is something similar to what is readily known in Indian philosophy as vairagya...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vairagya.

:)

Offline James Williams

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 05:18:30 AM »
This thread is shaping up to be very informative!  Does anyone else have anything to say regarding this article by Noel, or any other article by Noel?  Please do share... :)

Offline Marsha Massino

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
Pluto in the 8th house and Noel's article fits me exactly.

I would like to thank you James, for posting these articles to remind us of the wealth of knowledge that is on the website.  I often go directly to the books for research, overlooking these articles. 

Marsha
Marsha

Offline James Williams

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
Thank you very much, Marsha!  I couldn't believe my eyes a couple of months ago when I saw that the Asteroid section had nearly 5 pages, while Noel's page didn't even have 2 full pages!  Something was definitely wrong with that!  And yet still today, hardly anyone has commented on the other threads of Noel's articles which I reposted... :(