Author Topic: Mutual Reception Review  (Read 14972 times)

Offline James Williams

Mutual Reception Review
« on: June 16, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
Watch out for the spaghetti sauce!!!  Another illuminating article by Noel...examples?!

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/110228.html

Management of Measurement Constructs

Analytic Techniques

Mutual Reception Review

Mutual reception is the infrequent occurrence of two planets relating to each other by each being in the Sign the other rules. Venus in Pisces is in mutual reception with Neptune in Libra, for example.

There is a Lunar bias within the location dynamics of mutual receptions by virtue of the Moon's speed, i.e., it changes sign so frequently it is able to gather mutual reception contact more frequently than the other planets. --This suggests reinforcement of mutual reception into the reigning need core of our development.

It is extremely important to recognize that a mutual reception is ever so much stronger when the two planets are also in aspect: e.g., Venus in 5 Aquarius and Uranus in 7 Taurus.

What this suggests for us in our analytical tool box is that the two planets are brought together in behavioral syntax. The Moon in Gemini will relate to Mercury in Cancer, for example; no aspect exists between them, but they are in mutual reception and should be seen as allied in some way as our analysis develops. Here, perhaps leading thought about Social Services ideals.

***I like the image of wearing a white shirt to an Italian restaurant! There is an attraction established between the shirt and the spaghetti sauce that is remarkable! They are in mutual reception!

Mia Farrow [February 9, 1945 at 11:27 AM PWT in Los Angeles CA] has a mutual reception between the Moon in Capricorn in the 9th House and Saturn in Cancer, ruling the 9th. --Strong relationship between Saturn and the Moon offers up much suggestion about ambition, driving leadership to get things done; here, international activism for social causes [backed up by the peregrine Sun in Aquarius and much more]. Actress Farrow is extremely active throughout Africa with aid programs, especially in Dafur and Rwanda.

Malcom X [May 19, 1925 at 10:25 PM in Omaha NE] had his Moon in Aries on the 4th cusp, ruling the 7th, in mutual reception with a powerful Mars (with Pluto) positioned on the Descendant. This is high ego involvement and identification with the power of emotional force into the public.

Michael Douglas [September 25, 1944 at 10:30 AM EWT in New Brunswick NJ] shows the Moon in Capricorn, ruling the 9th, in opposition with Saturn in Cancer ruling the 3rd. Here is a mutual reception that suggests so strongly (being in aspect as well) ambition through communications internationally. As television and movie producer and actor, his work has followed the theme of global peace dramatically.

Ex-president Jimmy Carter [October 1, 1924 at 7:00 AM in Plains GA] shows the Moon in Scorpio in mutual reception (and trine aspect) with Pluto in Cancer at his Midheaven, Pluto ruling the self-worth 2nd (human values). We know that inter-relationship between the Moon and Pluto involves consideration of maternal influence, and here the relationship within the mutual reception speaks eloquently of the mother's influence in establishing Carter's respect for human rights and values.

In the country of Haiti's horoscope [January 01, 1804 in Gonaives, Haiti at 12:00 PM (no reliable birth time)], we see Saturn in trine and mutual reception with Venus, ruler of the 2nd and the 7th. This suggests strongly an emotionally painful relationship with the world, needing help constantly, attracting aid continuously. We must remember that Haiti has long been regarded as the AIDS capital of the world; there is the gigantic collapse from earthquake(s) and so much more upheaval and poor relations with other countries.

Watch for mutual receptions. Learn to summarize the mutual reception in one phrase or sentence and watch it season the Spaghetti sauce!
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

Re: Mutual Reception Review
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
I have the Sun (10) and Uranus (4) in mutual reception--and in a very close quindecile aspect!!!  The Sun is in the 4th, and Uranus is in the 10th...

Life purpose and ego definition can be accomplished through intense individualistic innovation and inventiveness... ;D
"There is no step along the road that anyone takes by chance. It has already been taken by him, although he has not yet embarked on it. For time but seems to go in one direction. We undertake a journey that is over. Yet it seems to have a future still unknown to us." "  (Jesus).

Offline Natália Viana

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »
Hi James,

I agree with your post related to this issue. In my natal chart, differently from yours,my mutual reception  Venus(r.3,8) <> Jupiter(r.10,11) at AP affects 4 houses of the horoscope.(!!) It's relevant as Noel teaches so well. They form  to each other a Bi-Novile (80º) aspect, which by the way I'm not sure about its meaning and manifestation in a Horoscope.
To me, this mutual reception brings me a lot of interest and even passion about aesthetics, Arts, Photography and... of course in Astrology.

What do you know about this Bi-Novile aspect?

regards

Natália Viana
" You will never find fulfillment by following the crowd "- Elyzabeth K. Ross

Offline Natália Viana

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »

Well, I believe I already know its meaning. As it partakes of the 9 series, the Bi Novile is the indication of the realisation of purpose, between the stress or impetus of the square, and the intellectual realisation of the potentials at the Quintile.

Natália Viana
" You will never find fulfillment by following the crowd "- Elyzabeth K. Ross

Offline James Williams

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »
Hi Natalia, I like how you are using the minor aspects to better delineate mutual reception planets!  I typed in the words "bi-novile aspects" on a search engine, and here's one definition--among several others--that surfaced...

A Novile occurs when two planets are plus or minus forty degrees apart. A bi-novile occurs when two planets are eighty degrees apart. A quadra-novile occurs when two planets at one hundred and sixty degrees apart. The novile aspects are one, two and four ninths of a circle. The novile series of aspects are related to the trines and sextiles. They're all in the same family as it were. The word novena is rooted in novile. Noviles are related to the nine muses and to the ennead. The novile conveys a somewhat charismatic, transcendental, mystical force, latent karmic details and spiritual growth. Noviles can indicate ceremony and relate to marriage. Noviles resonate with Jupiter, Fire, Mutable and Sagittarius energy.

:)

Offline Robynne

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:23 AM »
Would just like to add my Uranus (1) Mercury (5,8) mutual reception here after re-reading Noel's essay on the subject.

They are in an inconjunct aspect, although have an 8' orb.

Had never really considered how these two energies entertain each other, and although sometimes a little out of sync, seem to have a mutual understanding.

They may have inadvertantly influenced my parenting style and children, for better or worse.

😉
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
Hello Forum,

Temple Fireworks is a company that sells a small package containing something they market as "Mystical Fire." Open the package and pour the contents over the flames. Your campfire transforms into colorful dancing fingers of spark and illumination.

With the Moon!8 in Aries and Mars5 in Cancer the Moon's drive for significance gets watered down by Martian energies; learning to swim with Molten Lunar Needs. The potential for something new being created exists but it will take much time, and only after a cooling off period. A New Moon being peregrine is also not apt to cooperate within Aries... impetuousness can give way to "profound resignation" at times... but the potential for the lived experience sustains the sauce perpetually in hopes of finding that blank canvas on a white shirt...

"Expressing energy creatively, in awe, in fascination and to great affect."

Best,

HVA