Author Topic: tea party tax protest  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Kathy Rose

• Rose Astrology
tea party tax protest
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:14:07 AM »
Many cities in the US will have the tea party protests today. Here in my area (Virginia Beach) the publicized time is 11 - 1 pm. Looking at the chart for 11am we have 22 Pisces MC with Venus-Mars-Uranus very close. What a fitting  signature for a protest... almost looks as if an astrologer planned it. I also note the Pluto-Moon conjunction close to the Dsc. 11 Cancer is rising.... ruled by the Moon.

I think most other cities are listing the official time to start at noon - and maybe that's when the main activity will happen at the event in my city. However - when the listed advertised time for starting says 11am for the gathering - that's the chart that I feel should be used.

Also interesting to note that Saturn (rules 7th) is quindecile Venus Rx - an accurate statement of an unhappy public.

Our weather forecast looks miserable... major rain showers, overcast and slightly foggy - certainly one of the symbols of Neptune ruling the MC.

Kathy Rose

Kathy Rose Astrology

http://roseastrology.com/

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: tea party tax protest
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:22 PM »
Hi Kathy:

Right.  And the Uranus rules the 8th of taxes in that chart.  What I like is that the Moon-Pluto set opposes the Venus-Jupiter set in the U.S. chart, Venus-Jupiter in this instance rather pointing out the tendency for the U.S. to overspend, to exceed the budget.  I also like that the time your protest in Virginia Beach started, the IC was at 22 Virgo which is the United States Neptune degree.  If I say any more, I'm going to have to move this post over to the mundane astrology section, because I'd have to make a case for the Sibley chart.

Anyway, protest is good, it keeps things in balance.  The Boston Tea Party Dec 16 1773, has Mercury and Mars at 4 Capricorn which turns out is later opposed by the U.S. Venus-Jupiter at 3 and 5 Cancer.  The argument (Mercury-Mars) against tax without representation ultimately meant that spending would be in the hands of the U.S. government, not the British government.  Also interesting is that the Moon that day in Boston was at 7 degrees Aquarius at about 3pm (good time for tea dumping), and 7 Leo-Aquarius is the Nodal axis in the U.S. chart.  At the South Node, the past had accomplished the "power to the people" (Aquarius, with Venus nearby at 10 Aquarius).

I didn't protest, but I did have tea that day (not at the Holiday Inn).

Barbara Ybarra