Author Topic: Accessing Profiles  (Read 10137 times)

Offline Pamela Young

Accessing Profiles
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
When I try to access any member's profile other than my own, I just get a message saying, 'You can't access just any profile.'  ?!  Are we not allowed to see other members' profiles?  What is the point of having them, if that is the case?  If this is an error, could it please be fixed?  I'm trying to reach another member by e-mail, as I'm not sure when or if he'll be back to this forum.

Thank you,
Pam Young

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Re: Accessing Profiles
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
Hi Pam

Sorry there is no longer any access to other members profiles. It is a safety mechanism so members data doesn't get snaffled by the neverending bots.

If you send me a private mail I will see if I can find the email you want.

Admin

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
The answer given to Pam does not seem to be true for all.

I received an email from a member and when I questioned where they got my email address from they replied "I got your email from the Noel Tyl site, where you posted it.". The only place my email address is listed on this site is in my profile.

After reading that I signed in and clicked on the name of the member who had sent the email and the same message Pam got popped up.

So it seems that some members have privileges not afforded to all of us.

So members beware.

Bob
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:26:17 AM by unique_astrology »

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »

"Sorry there is no longer any access to other members profiles"

That statement made just a few months ago is not true. See my post above. We expect honesty and we have a right to.

Bob

Offline unique_astrology

Will Admin respond to my posts in the "About This Forum" section?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove

"The answer given to Pam does not seem to be true for all.

I received an email from a member and when I questioned where they got my email address from they replied "I got your email from the Noel Tyl site, where you posted it.". The only place my email address is listed on this site is in my profile.

After reading that I signed in and clicked on the name of the member who had sent the email and the same message Pam got popped up.

So it seems that some members have privileges not afforded to all of us.

So members beware.

Bob"

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:26:17 PM by unique_astrology »    Report to moderator   99.20.182.242

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove

"Sorry there is no longer any access to other members profiles"

"That statement made just a few months ago is not true. See my post above. We expect honesty and we have a right to.

Bob"

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
Hi Bob

I have sent you a private email.

Admin

Offline unique_astrology

Re: Will Admin respond to my posts in the "About This Forum" section?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
I received a reply in my email concerning this matter referring to an individual who was not the same one I referred to in my earlier post. Therefore either admin gives access to those they favor or now my email address is out in the public to be handed around willy nilly.

ADMIN - GIVE ACCESS TO ALL. I'M SORRY DOESN'T GET YOU OFF THE HOOK. TOO DAMN EASY.

Bob

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
I checked. You did not give my address to the person you said that you did. I chose to do that in a personal message after contacting them through another site which allows contact without giving up addresses. But according to the statement by the second person they got it from this site through having access to it.

Quoting that person: "Hi Robert, Thank you for all this helpful info and examples.   I got your email from the Noel Tyl site, where you posted it.".

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 04:25:34 AM »
Hi Bob

Sorry for the delay in responding ... I am very busy in my earthly life at the moment.

Would you like to say who managed to find your email from the site? Was this a recent contact ... maybe they accessed your profile before we took away that option? If you can give me a name I can check if by some fluke they are able to see what no one else can.

I can assure you I have an email from the person I mentioned to you asking for your email.

Your address should not be visible for anyone to see. It is the same for everybody. 

Admin

Admin
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:36:51 AM by Admin »

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:30:19 PM »
Excuse me for butting in, but here is the answer!

If you hover the mouse over the envelope icon, the writer's email address is displayed in a little box in the lower left corner.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 02:39:21 AM »
Hi Don

Thank you for that ... it doesn't work for me.

Are you sure it works for you?

Admin

Don thanks a lot for pointing this out  ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:35:17 AM by Admin »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 03:27:18 AM »
Bob

As you can see from our private correspondence I did infact get a request for your email from the person you claim I did not, perhaps she forgot that she asked for it.

I repeat here for everyones peace of mind I do NOT give out email addresses willy nilly.

NO ONE gets any special privileges and NO ONE is favoured above anyone else.

Frankly, if you are going to have a hissy fit around here please make sure you have your facts right first.

This whole issue has NOTHING to do with me, and I don't appreciate your tone.

Perhaps you should go back to the person you are concerned about contacting you and ask them to show you where exactly they picked up your email address.

Admin

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 06:11:44 AM »
Bob and everyone

It appears that Don  may be correct. I had no idea these icons were even there. My screen view is different from everyone elses I suspect.

I can't say if they have always been there or if they have just appeared!

It is beyond my capabilities to remove them, but they can only be seen by members who have logged on and not guests visiting the forum ... or spambots thankfully.

Admin

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
Hi Suzie

When you are signed into the forum your profile is always available for you to see, I am not sure about other peoples but I suspect this will be so.

As I said earlier it is only logged on members who can see ... not the whole world.

At this time I have no knowledge as to how to remove them. I am not a highly technical person. My job here is voluntary ... I clean out things behind the scenes.

If anyone here is technically minded and might know how to fix this problem please private message me thru the forum as the email address you are not supposed to be able to see on my profile is now defunct.

Admin

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 11:53:47 AM »
Bob

As you can see from our private correspondence I did infact get a request for your email from the person you claim I did not, perhaps she forgot that she asked for it.

I repeat here for everyones peace of mind I do NOT give out email addresses willy nilly.

NO ONE gets any special privileges and NO ONE is favoured above anyone else.

Frankly, if you are going to have a hissy fit around here please make sure you have your facts right first.

This whole issue has NOTHING to do with me, and I don't appreciate your tone.

Perhaps you should go back to the person you are concerned about contacting you and ask them to show you where exactly they picked up your email address.

Admin

I did not claim that you did not get a request for my email address - my statement was that you did not give it to that person.

My post, "I checked. You did not give my address to the person you said that you did. I chose to do that in a personal message after contacting them through another site which allows contact without giving up addresses. But according to the statement by the second person they got it from this site through having access to it.".

From you, ". . .  I don't appreciate your tone.". And "Frankly, if you are going to have a hissy fit around here please make sure you have your facts right first.". Applied to the rest of your post.

Based on the answer given to me - "I got your email from the Noel Tyl site, where you posted it." - by the person who emailed me when I requested their source and the site's information regarding availability of personal data that I HAD POSTED in my profile, I had honest concerns, as I never posted my email address in any of my posts.