Author Topic: Paranoia  (Read 11269 times)

Offline James Williams

Paranoia
« on: August 03, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
Here is a link to Noel's thought-provoking article entitled, "The Dimensions of Paranoia"...

http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/060930.html

As I was re-reading this, I thought of someone whose chart fits the description Noel provides when he wrote...

"...paranoia (the vulnerability to it) is comprised of a problematic mind-set (the ruler of the 3rd and Mercury), an imbalanced life-long orientation to life (the Angles super-charged), AND the mechanism of self-supporting rationalization (usually Jupiter, Neptune, focused upon religion and/or spirituality, a fated destiny). A major symptom is always that the paranoiac persuades with concocted rightness."

This person has AP Mercury involved in the following midpoint picture descriptors...the following quotes are from Noel's book, Synthesis and Counseling in Astrology: The Professional Manual...

1. "sadness and perhaps depression..."
2. "A sharp tongue; verbal disputes; angry letters; telling someone off; intolerance."
3. "Nervous planning; fault-finding; sharp-witted; caustic."

Additionally, this person has an Air Grand Trine...

"The Air Grand Trine is a closed circuit of social or intellectual self-sufficiency in which the self is bolstered and supported by one's pleasure and delight with one's own company or one's own thoughts.  It is the defense against the fear of not being appreciated."

Additionally, the retrograde ruler of the 3rd contacts oriental Neptune, and six planets contact the Angles!

The horoscope has an Eastern hemisphere orientation ("the astrologer can expect the life [of the person] to be conditioned clearly and significantly around ego justification or defense"), with all of the house rulers or house significators under developmental tension.

The Nodes contact Mercury.  This person as a child was physically abused by a mother figure...

Sad... :(

"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline Barbara Ybarra

Re: Paranoia
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:02:49 AM »
Very good example, James, with a clear-cut simplified presentation.  This post closely adheres to the process of synthesis in horoscope analysis that Noel teaches.  Very helpful. 

Barbara Ybarra     

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:50:18 PM »
Paranoia or other diagnosis? Check out this person’s natal chart (birth time not known). Note that partial solar eclipse too.

A mentally troubled person
Natal Chart
29 Mar 1968
7:00:00 AM
GMD -01:00:00
Cardiff
Wales
3w13'00
51n29'00
Geocentric
Tropical
Placidus
True Node
Rectified

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:50:12 PM »
Would someone with an unaspected Capricorn moon in the 8th house be paranoid, or just able to attract negativity?

robynne

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:46 AM »
Well, I have two very close associations that have a Moon in Capricorn in the 8th, neither are paranoid at all to my knowledge, both females are extremely hard workers and have worked long term in hospitals, as a nurse and health care assistant. So in short form their Moon ruled 2nd means that they make money as caregivers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:49:40 AM by Robynne Black »

Offline pdw

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 06:16:37 AM »
Good insight and examples, Robynne – thanks!

I also thought about a financial or advisory outlet for this emphasized need to help others manage-organize-conserve their resources. Maybe using personal authority to responsibly help others is a focus, or emotionally intense?

In Stitches, is this Moon being transformed by (conjunct) the 15 Capricorn Pluto transit? If so, I imagine this timing could reflect major change, concerns, or endings related to others, home, or family. With Pluto involved perhaps extra willpower, self-control, or a creative outlet would help manage fears, suspicions, or obsessions about emotional or financial (in)security. Just some ideas…   

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:11:28 PM »
Thanks for your replies, Robynne and pdw and robinelli (I think it was robinelli but the post was deleted)

Can't believe you know 2 people with Capricorn Moon in 8th house, Robynne. It's a relief to hear they aren't paranoid and don't seem to attract negative types. This is my moon and I'm dealing with intense paranoia and unfortunately it's probably really happening.

Hi pdw, your insights are really incredible. My Moon is either 16 or 17 Capricorn so yes it's under fire. I've been dealing with problems that started during my Pluto square which was back in 1997 and they do have to do with home. I'm being forced to leave California. If I had any place else to go I would have left by now. The story behind what is going on is too weird for words. Don't ever buy a house next door to an unemployed drunk guy who blasts his stereo all night and somebody who builds microwave warfare systems for the U?S. Navy.

Offline Robineli

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:15:32 PM »
Sorry, InStitches, for removing the post.  I saw other responses were on a different path than mine and didn't want to confuse anyone with a psychologically oriented response.

robynne

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:55 AM »
In Stitches:

Yes, I do know two people with Capricorn Moons in the 8th, but one has a Gemini Ascendant and the other a Cancer Ascendant. One of them had her mother die last year, the other didn't. But they are both workaholics and I'm happy to report that they are both having a well deserved holiday, but both have gone through quite major changes in work and lifestyle recently. In defense of Capricorn Moons they might not seem emotionally gushy or sentimental like the Moon in water signs, but they are the first ones that if they care, they will get stuck in and do something really practical to help.  ;D

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, that doesn't sound good at all.  :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:04:40 AM by Robynne Black »

Offline pdw

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 06:48:23 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, In Stitches. Ugh, so sorry you’re feeling trapped and threatened…two possibilities I thought of with your account and 8th House Pluto-Moon contact (sensitized receptivity-vulnerability involving others).   

Further defining 8th House ‘others’, your astrology – with your natal Moon ruling your Cancer 3rd House – also references a possible neighbor or immediate environment focus in your thinking (mindset) now. The transit will be out of orb soon but perhaps exploring how you have coped with uncomfortable feelings and intrusive situations in your past (Moon-Cancer emphasis) is part of the process for successfully managing the current situation.

Also, I don’t mean to minimize your feelings but maybe some kind of outlet for your fears and frustrations would be helpful…more activity with close friends, relatives, neighbors that you like. Or, I keep thinking of Moon-Pluto potential for creativity…What about some kind of 3rd House communication or diversion, like writing? Hmm, a spy or mystery novel based on your neighbor, in disguise, might be interesting. 

I see that you now have T Jupiter sextile your N Jupiter (in Scorpio and your 6th House). Maybe this suggests support for your efforts to promote a positive attitude and healthy self-improvement (N Jupiter in 6th) - Best Ahead.

Offline Barbara Ybarra

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 07:08:35 AM »
An excellent example of a person whose ultimate use of tremendous mental capacity was nothing more than rampant paranoia was chess champion Bobby Fischer. 

It must be understood that while the seeds of paranoia are there from birth (into certain family and social situations), a child develops over time while encountering many advisors and influences (which is why teachers hold a sacred role in life). We all have the obligation to help the children learn how to respect themselves (It takes a village!).

ANYWAY,  Bobby Fisher's 3rd house was ruled by Mercury, which was peregrine but with the Moon Nodes in the 8th house in Aquarius.  Aquarius, like Uranus, can be intensely specific and unrelenting in its focus.  The 8th house can be very secretive.  Nice for a chess game.

Mercury was disposited by Uranus in an air grand trine.  Once he got hold of an idea, watch out.  Mars in the grand trine, also in Aquarius, was on the Descendant, and it eventually became his every enemy, which was everyone, but especially Jews, which he himself was.

Bobby was not allowed to reveal as a child who his biological father was, though he knew the man, - a prominent Polish physicist whom his mother took as a lover while in Europe.  It needed to remain a secret to protect his mother's reputation, as she sought scientific employment in the U.S after WWII.  During the war she escaped persecution as a Jew through many machinations while she strove to educate herself in the sciences.  Running from persecutors was a way of life for her, until proving her worth was everything.  She abandoned Bobby to his chess obsession while he was just in his teens, so that she could go away to University.  What a mom. No one became Bobby's personal mentor, no one helped him emotionally to remove himself out of his paranoid mind set.  Perhaps he could have seen to do that on his own...but he didn't.

These things are not set in stone at birth, they are the preponderance of a certain type of negativity, solely because as humans we hold frailty and strife while we are here on Earth.  These seeds all our life hold the possibility of transformation into something worth everything to us.  Bobby's most hurting aspect was his Moon in the T-square to Pluto-Mars, the pair of opponents on his ASC-DSC axis.  As he played his chess games, he used the Pluto-Mars pair to win, but his Moon withered away and he never learned how to nurture himself.  His Moon ruled the 12th house, of those who are in need.  With all his money, in the end he never helped anyone else, never gave back to the world.       
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:14:42 AM by Barbara Ybarra »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
This is the best Fischer documentary that I have ever seen, and it explains a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t094GritHYM
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 09:09:07 AM »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 09:31:40 AM »
The horoscope (birth time not known) of Bobby Fischer's likely biological father...attached below...see article immediately above...comments?

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 08:05:42 PM »
Maybe in Bobby Fischers case it wasn't paranoia. The FBI tracked his mother for 30 years and there was a 750 page report on her when she died. He was born into some heavy duty trauma. No Father figure, single mother, homelessness, moving around a lot, poverty, immigration, FBI. Here's a funny article where a psychiatrist tries to discuss how to diagnose and treat him. His mother could have received help for the stress of being spied on by the FBI with cognitive behavioral therapy. Hahahaha. https://psmag.com/a-psychological-autopsy-of-bobby-fischer-f757852a2910#.qo7nnifyn

Didn't know that Russell Targ was his brother in law.

Thanks Robynne and pdw for your responses.