Author Topic: Paranoia  (Read 11270 times)

robynne

Re: Paranoia
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 01:20:07 AM »
Please do Maz, I've finished interrupting, the floor is yours.  :)

Offline Maz

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »
Sorry, I haven’t replied because I have been occupied with other things. So Robynne, the floor is always yours... and everyone else’s!!!

For as long as I can remember,
  • Taste - I have been the official family taster for food to see if it needed anything...
  • Sound - Any scratches, weird sounds, irritating sounds, etc.. I would notice and they would trouble me...a lot...
  • Smell - Sense of smell extremely important for me and if I didn’t like the smell, be it deodorant, perfume, aftershave for example, I would avoid that person (either being near them or shaking hands for example).
    Smell and Taste go together so drinking from a very clean cup would be irritating if I can smell any trace of soap...
  • Sight - I have an acute eye for detail. People say that’s good, but I disagree. For example, if I am in an office or similar, and something is out of place, I just have to rearrange it (such as a slanting picture!!) otherwise, it hurts

I could go on and on but I won't. But hopefully, you get the picture. What’s making it worse is that I moved from the UK to Damascus and although things are very precarious, it’s still a fantastic place to be in. But everything is psychologically topsy-turvy with how things work here - a stark difference to the way I enjoy(ed) rules/regulations/discipline in the UK (LOL)...

So in the first post of this thread, I can relate to the theme. My work partner thinks it’s great because of the detail that I work to (I do freelance work for companies in the Gulf and they just love the detail that I give them in the work) but it is really hard word and painful at times, not just for me but also my family. God knows how they put up with me.

Anyway, my chart is attached...

For detail, I would look at Mercury and Virgo, and maybe Scorpio, Pluto
For smell, Mercury again, maybe Neptune (not sure)
For sound, again Mercury
Also Pisces should be considered

I have an unaspected Mercury in Pisces, with Jupiter, Mars in Pisces in 3rd.
The important aspect, the Quindecile - well I have just the one! A Mars quindecile Uranus.
*Just noticed a Jupiter MC quinidecile ;D *

Part of understanding or coming to terms with a problem is to know its source and the reason why ‘it exists’. To know what it is in my chart would help me a lot and I think it’s much deeper than an unaspected Mercury or one single quindecile. I don’t think transits are particularly important because I’ve had this 'affliction' as I call it for many years. The last year or so has been really difficult as I have been (successfully) trying to overcome a kind of depression in my life due to 3 main factors that I’ve so far identified and am fixing.

So that’s my current story

Maz
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:11:37 AM by Maz »

Offline In Stitches

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
Hey max, here are some of my impressions of your chart. There are a lot of different ways to read a chart.

Paranoia could just be a factor of your personality and how you come across because you have Scorpiio Rising and Pluto c. MC. The opposition to Mars, maybe Mercury, means that you have been e posed to situations which require paranoia. Paranoia makes one hyper sensitive. I met a guy who grew up in Vietnam during the war and said all his senses were hyper acute. He self medicated , to say the least.

You have a lot of indicators of hypersensitivity through water influence such as Mercury square Scorpio Asc, 3 planets in Pisces, Neptune in Scorpio in H12.

Plus you have Moon in Capricorn which is very perceptive and can feel out of control when inundated by sensory perceptions. Saturn is c. South Node which brings in karmic problems with control. And Capricorn is intercepted in H2 with Moon so feelings intensified in some way.

All that stuff in h3 makes your nervous system acute, and opposition to Pluto. This opposes and rules Virgo Mc so maybe you learned perfectionism from parents. Sagittarius can be very detail oriented, and Pisces can space out with a project until it is perfect.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:49:56 AM by In Stitches »

Offline Maz

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 10:24:36 PM »
Thank you In Stitches... Very informative and much to think about.

I checked out my Midpoints and noticed Neptune=Moon/Mercury (to 1 second) which Noel says in Synthesis and Counselling, indicates amongst others, hyper sentience. I also have Saturn=Moon/Mars (to 5 seconds).

Moon in Capricorn makes me very detached and cold and maybe I do feel out of control sometimes but I have just learnt to ignore that feeling and just carry on with life and accept what has been dealt to me.

I agree with the water sign - hypersensitivity link... I notice things of specific people that others don’t and that’s a problem because when I talk about this with other people (not the ones I find ‘fault’ with) , they are surprised and then as the discussion develops, we (I) start nit-picking on faults which makes the problem worse.

MC=Venus/Saturn and Mercury/Mars and Jupiter=Mercury/Saturn so I can see where my drive for detail is indicated in my work and the fact that Mercury is unaspected must be related to the hypersentiveness I’m in... (funny, I wrote that as ‘hypersentivemess’!)

Thanks, Maz

Offline James Williams

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:11 AM »
Maz, if I may ask a research-type question--did early February 2016 somehow relate to your statement above..."The last year or so has been really difficult as I have been (successfully) trying to overcome a kind of depression in my life due to 3 main factors that I’ve so far identified and am fixing"?  Or did early February 2016 relate somehow to your posts above?
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline pdw

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 11:03:01 AM »
Maz, your post and observations made me wonder if you might want to consider a consultation or class with a professional astrologer – a surefire way to enhance personal insight and astrology understanding (in my experience at least).   

I thought about the mixed – double-bodied – experiences you’ve observed with Mercury the Messenger, in your chart. Sounds like your intuitive personal viewpoint, sensitized to observation and detail (emphasized with your 4th House Mercury in Pisces, unaspected, and contacting angles) is a special asset when channeled into – serving – your work (professionally referenced with Mercury ruling your 10th House, and disposited by Neptune, sextile MC)…

Yet, you admit that your work with details – a Mercury-ruled Pluto fascination, obsession, or perfectionism (as In Stitches mentioned)? – is a disservice to your family, at times. Maybe your exacting Pluto power, in Virgo, squaring and ruling 4th ruler Neptune – and trine N Moon – is/has been both a source for work success and family distress (with Neptune squaring Saturn-Node and important relationships).

I didn’t think of paranoia while reading your post but whatever the problem was, congrats on your personal success and self-improvement. You don’t believe transits are important regarding your post, but I do. I think figuring out how-why transit contacts reflect real life experience adds much to my understanding of natal planet function and potential. For example, your Saturn transits during your difficult last year with ‘a kind of depression’ (T Saturn square N Uranus) and successful endeavor (T Saturn trine N Aries Sun) look very instructive to me, about your mind power (Uranus) and positive motivation (Sun) in action.

Love the ‘hypersentivemess’ typo - surely a Freudian slip from your Neptune muse.  ;)

Thanks for sharing & Best Ahead. 

Offline Maz

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:54 PM »
Hi James, I've PM'd you with a reply

and

PDW, Thanks for your post. I'll reply within a few days.

Maz

robynne

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 01:59:59 AM »
Thankyou Maz,

Having a similar quindecile with Saturn-Uranus, this caught my eye, but it looks like yours would affect you more. A couple of  loose thoughts, with Saturn being the ruler of your Capricorn Moon and cj the South Node, there is a sense of Order and Structure having been your preferred way of organising thought and doing things(3rd house) and yet with Uranus (3) cj your Leo North Node, there is benefit from expressing yourself in a more original, spontaneous and creative way, more from the heart.

I'm starting to think the quindecile can sometimes feel a bit chaotic when these two planets are involved.

Hypersensitivity is only oversensitive to people who are often more obtuse
, you're right, it depends on which environment you are in.

Just my 2 cents worth.  ;D

Robynne

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:38:06 AM by Robynne Black »

Offline James Williams

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 02:06:46 AM »
Part of understanding or coming to terms with a problem is to know its source and the reason why ‘it exists’. To know what it is in my chart would help me a lot and I think it’s much deeper than an unaspected Mercury or one single quindecile. 

Maz, just a quick remark here on the "hypersentiveness" from your Vedic birthchart, and I'm going to really simplify this, since most here do not understand Jyotish...your 1st House ruler of self also rules your 8th House of intuition, and it is located--and exalted--and considerably strengthened--in the 6th House of detail.  Additionally, the Sun, symbol of self or soul, is also in this 6th House of detail--not only in your Jyotish birthchart (D-1 chart), but also in the second most important Jyotish chart, your Navamsha (D-9) chart.  So here the powerful and innate attention to detail is so clear.

And others have provided wonderful analysis and synthesis of this from your Western horoscope!
"Time is a trick, a vast illusion...Yet there is a plan behind appearances that does not change. The script is written. For we but see the journey from the point at which it ended, looking back on it, imagining we make it once again; reviewing mentally what has gone by"  (Jesus).

Offline James Williams

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 02:30:42 AM »
...and the 6th House in one's Jyotisha charts can also signify...health, illness, dis-ease, enemies, competitors (seen and unseen), foes, opponents, jealous people, debts, doubts, worries, appetite, arguments, debates, acrimony, contention, disputes, misunderstandings, break in partnership, accidents, and self-improvement, among others.