Author Topic: Prediction in Astrology: A Master Volume of Technique and Practice  (Read 2690 times)

Offline suhas

Hi,

I am considering this book : "Prediction in Astrology: A Master Volume of Technique and Practice (Llewellyn's New World Astrology Series)" . I already have Noel's 'Solar Arcs- Astrology's most successful predictive system'.

What are the differences (if any) between these two? Is it that the 'Solar Arc..' is sort of a revised / updated version of 'Prediction..' I would buy 'Predictive..' only if it adds something more to what 'Solar Arc..' is offering. To be frank I found ' Solar Arc.." is rather too verbose,   I would have preferred more examples  than those lengthy transcripts., I would welcome some more time tested / proven rules, let it be in the form of a 'cook book'. 

I would appreciate if any body having both these books could highlight the differences.

Thanks in advance.

Suhas

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
Re: Prediction in Astrology: A Master Volume of Technique and Practice
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »
Prediction in Astrology has been out-of-print for quite a while, so get it while you can.  There is little duplication between the two books.  Prediction has a great example about figuring out the chart of the owner of the hotel, whose fire established Evangeline Adams' reputation as a good astrologer--and got astrology recognized as a legitimate discipline in New York.  This book is one of my favorites.

Don Borkowski
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline suhas

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Thanks Don,  I am buying this book, couple of copies (used) are still available.

Regards

Suhas

Old Guy in Astrology

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »
I don't  have the MASTER but the Solar Arcs is worth having.  IMO, there is no better volume on Solar Arc Directions than Noel's.  Additionally, you get Noel update to Reinhold Ebertin's COSI volume as an addendum in the back. 

I don't use solar arc directions since I have a very weak Sun and IMO they don't work well for anyone with a weak Sun, but I would have the book in my library for use if I need it.  Outside of his big pink, now blue in the second edition, book I think its the most useful of his books.  Of course if you are  a newbie, then rather than buying Rae Orion's ASTROLOGY FOR DUMMIES, look for on the used book racks and  find Noel's seven volume set from the 70's. It is a real boon to your library, and a beginners Manual.  Sepharials handbook is also good if you want to jump back two more generations behind Noel Tyl.    That's pretty basic stuff and I sold my 70's copy to someone here on The Tyl Forum back in the 00's.  Of course, Noel's cookbook for astrologers was really fun since it really was a cookbook rather than an acronym for one. 

Offline suhas

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:34:09 AM »
Got the book :   "Prediction in Astrology: A Master Volume of Technique and Practice (Llewellyn's New World Astrology Series)
from Abebooks. I found this one much informative than the newer book  'Solar Arcs- Astrology's most successful predictive systeme.

"prediction .." is worth buying. 
Thanks all.