Author Topic: Saturn chasing Moon/Draconic  (Read 8543 times)

Offline star

Saturn chasing Moon/Draconic
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:33:41 AM »
I have been looking at the charts of people who I know have been experiencing very extended periods of depression and difficulties (several years or decades, as opposed to a few months), and was expecting there to be a signature of Saturn chasing the Moon evident. I was somewhat puzzled to not find it in some of the charts, and even though there had been other significant successive transits/progressions going on, they didn't seem to be strong enough on their own to indicate such long lasting and profound difficulties. Then I had my ''Aha!'' moment and checked the Moon in their progressed Draconic charts, and voila! There for all to see was the Saturn chasing Moon condition. Anyone else made similar observations?

Offline Stacy

Re: Saturn chasing Moon/Draconic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »
quote author=star link=topic=711.msg4684#msg4684 date=1241458421]
I have been looking at the charts of people who I know have been experiencing very extended periods of depression and difficulties (several years or decades, as opposed to a few months), and was expecting there to be a signature of Saturn chasing the Moon evident. I was somewhat puzzled to not find it in some of the charts, and even though there had been other significant successive transits/progressions going on, they didn't seem to be strong enough on their own to indicate such long lasting and profound difficulties. Then I had my ''Aha!'' moment and checked the Moon in their progressed Draconic charts, and voila! There for all to see was the Saturn chasing Moon condition. Anyone else made similar observations?

Star,

I am very interested in this phenomena as I have been experiencing Saturn chasing the Moon for what seems like most of my life.

Which astrology program do you use? I am trying to progess my Draconic chart via WinStar and am having some difficulty.

Thank you,

Stacy [/quote]
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 07:55:41 AM »
Star & Stacy,

Many astrologers attribute depression to be symbolized by Moon conjunct Saturn, which can lead to the Saturn chasing Moon phenomenon.  Transit Saturn and progressed Moon move at the same approximate speed, even though the Moon is never retrograde.

Noel feels that depression can be symbolized by Mercury conjunct Saturn.  As I have endured a lifetime of clinical depression and possess a triple conjunction of Moon, Mercury and Saturn, I am in no position to say who is right or wrong.   I think both assessments are valid.

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Stacy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:16:19 AM »
Star & Stacy,

Many astrologers attribute depression to be symbolized by Moon conjunct Saturn, which can lead to the Saturn chasing Moon phenomenon.  Transit Saturn and progressed Moon move at the same approximate speed, even though the Moon is never retrograde.

Noel feels that depression can be symbolized by Mercury conjunct Saturn.  As I have endured a lifetime of clinical depression and possess a triple conjunction of Moon, Mercury and Saturn, I am in no position to say who is right or wrong.   I think both assessments are valid.

DB

Hi Don,

Mercury cj Saturn is another depression signature, though I don't have that particular aspect. Both planets are in my 3rd house as part of a large stellium though, so are certainly related. Personally, I feel Moon-Saturn is more indicative of the long-standing depression I have been experiencing.

It's no picnic, is it Don...

Best,

Stacy
"If a man hasn't found something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."  MLK Jr.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

BTW, Matrix tech. support for WinStar just emailed me that you cannot progress a Draconic chart, so I am curious if you manually created yours?

Stacy

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:50 AM »
I'm sure you can progress a draconic charrt.  Just do the progressions first, then convert it to a draconic chart.  You just might have to do it manually.

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Stacy

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »
I'm sure you can progress a draconic charrt.  Just do the progressions first, then convert it to a draconic chart.  You just might have to do it manually.

DB

Attached is the response I got from Matrix tech. support in regards to progressing a Draconic chart.

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

I would ask them how they can progress a transformed chart.
You CAN do a biwheel with the draconic and progressed but the draconic chart is no longer a natal chart its meaning and zodiac is fundamentally different from the natal chart you want to progress.

This is a draconic chart:
Draconic Charts

There is a resurgence of this technique for astrologers who are interested in soul-centered delineation. Popularized
by English astrologer Pamela Crane, the Draconic zodiac has its beginning at the moon's north node. This node
(the ascending node) becomes the zero point or "draconic equinox." The north node is sometimes called the
dragon's head (derived from the Latin draco, meaning serpent or dragon, hence the term draconic.) Win*Star
allows the draconic chart to be calculated from whichever node the natal chart has -- either true or mean. Pamela
Crane uses the true node.

Here is a progressed:
Progressions

Progressions are a symbolic method of forecasting based on the principle that a certain period of time in the life of
an individual, such as a year or a month (one lunar cycle), is equal to some other complete cycle or revolution,
such as a day (one complete revolution of the Earth on its axis).

As you can see the methods do not match.

Offline Stacy

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »

DB

Now that's interesting...I progressed my natal chart and then converted it to a Draconic chart and came up with Moon sesquiquadrate Saturn (nearly exact). If that is a meaningful chart then the aspect speaks volumes. And when I say "meaningful" it's because it seems a long way to get from point A to point B.

Stacy

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Stacy,

I love my computer and all the astrological software I have.  But there are some things that Matrix and their friends haven't programmed yet--and may never.

Press Roberts taught me to progress the whole chart, not just the angles.  So I have to do progressed charts by hand.  In the center is my natal chart with a Sagittarius ascendant.  Around it is my progressed chart with its Aquarius ascendant. 

I asked Matrix if they could make a chart like that, and they didn't know what I was talking about.  So I drew up Tom's natal/progressed chart by hand and mailed it to him.  He did reply, and seriously said that he'd never seen that before, and that it would take a major programming effort to have different house layouts in each ring.

At least he didn't dismiss me as a kook or crackpot.

DB

Offline star

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »
Stacy and Don, I don't have any problem progressing draco charts with Solar Fire Gold. And Don, although a natal Saturn Moon conjunction or opposition is the common manner in which the phenomena ''chases'' a person for many years or even a lifetime, it does often happen that a person does not have such an aspect at birth but it ''creeps up'' on them later down the line. Honest!

Offline sunflower

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 02:00:38 PM »
Don,

I dont know much about Matrix but some years back I had  a Mac and bought a program from them. It fell over when I added less than 20 charts - a total waste of time and money! I drew up a friends chart - the Sun and Moon were in retro motion while the planets that should have been in retro were direct! They told I could chase it up myself as Matrix only sold Mecury and knew nothing about it! Well I did get my money back eventually biut it was struggle and would never deal with them again.

Having Solar Fire on my doorstep is the best thing that ever happened to me software wise!

My T Saturn is chasing my SP Moon atm but I'm not feeling and bad effects so far from this. Is this what you mean Star?

I do wish I could offer you something re your depression that could be effective in shaking it off for you.

sunflower    :)
sunflower

Offline star

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »
Yes Sunflower, that's it. How close is it? As it gets to within a degree or two you might just notice it, and it will carry on coming close and seperating for many years, but of course if/how it is felt will depend on the state of your natal Saturn, and on what else is currently happening in your chart.