Author Topic: my posts aren't being posted  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Pamela Young

my posts aren't being posted
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »
As I mentioned just now in the Richard Simmons Mystery thread in the Famous People section, I have twice now tried to post to that thread, spent a lot of time writing the posts, and then they don't get posted.  The first time it happened the post just disappeared when I clicked on Post, and I couldn't get it back no matter what I did.  This time the post didn't disappear from the box where you write it, but when I clicked Post I got a message saying I'd already posted it, yet it wasn't posted.  I tried several times, and nothing I did could get that post to appear on the thread.  I also tried clicking on Preview, and no preview appeared, just a page saying that only members could access that page.  Would appreciate your help with this.  It's really not funny when you spend a lot of time and effort on a post and then it disappears, one way or another.

robynne

Re: my posts aren't being posted
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »
Hi Pamela

If you are writing out a longer or more detailed post and not just 'winging it', I've found it helpful to just type it on word pad or sticky notes. Then if you lose the original post, you can still just copy and paste, and post later. I learnt after having lost a lot of posts in various forums in the past over the years. It is frustrating. Hope that helps.  :)

Oh, and after you've posted, if the post doesn't show up, refresh the page and it might show.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:52:44 PM by Robynne Black »

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:55:19 PM »
Thank you, Robynne.  I did try refreshing, but it didn't work.  I guess you're right - I'd better start typing it out first on word pad or some such.  I just don't get it, though; I had finished writing the post, and when I clicked on 'Post', nothing happened.  The rough copy didn't disappear, it was right there, but it just wouldn't post.  When I clicked on 'Post' again I got a pop-up message saying that I had already clicked 'Post', and maybe I should try refreshing.  Well, as I said, that didn't work.  Nothing worked; no matter what I did, the rough copy remained, but it would not post to the thread.  This is quite bizarre.  I hope it was just a one-time glitch; if it happens again, that'll be the end of me trying to post on this forum.  Maybe that's the idea.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:45:25 AM »
Thank you, StarKnight.  I don't see a "Stay Logged In" box; do you mean the option, "Forever"?  I picked that, for now, not knowing what else to do.

I don't think I was logged out when I had the problem last time, as I did manage to post a very short message to the thread right afterwards, just explaining the problem I'd had, and I don't recall having had to log in again to do it; so I think it unlikely that I was logged out.  But I could be wrong. 

I actually hope that it was something like that, rather than some abstruse problem that no one knows the answer to.  Thanks again, StarKnight.  And by the way, I love what you have at the bottom of your posts: "Death is inevitable, seek glory."  Ah, yes.

Offline Pamela Young

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:46:21 AM »
You said it!  This really resonates with me, right now.  I've got transiting Pluto square my natal Saturn at the moment; I cannot WAIT for it to end.