Author Topic: Real Estate Matters - Horary Rules  (Read 4650 times)

Offline sesh

Real Estate Matters - Horary Rules
« on: September 03, 2015, 07:05:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

Been looking at some of the real estate related posts here, and it appears that the ascendant is always assigned to the querent. However, Barbara Watters in her book on horary astrology states unequivocally that in all matters of real estate, the buyer is always the ascendant, the seller is always the descendant (and, the property is the 4th and the price is the 10th house). But the fly in this particular ointment is that she proceeds to then work out two examples, in both of which the querent is also the prospective buyer, making this rule questionable.

I haven't had a lot of experience analyzing horary charts for real estate deals, so would someone who might have done work in this area share their thoughts?

Sesh

Offline rebecca

Re: Real Estate Matters - Horary Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:26:03 PM »
Hello Sesh
Barbara Watters' book is Horary (question) and the Judgement of Events (time of an event - finding a property for example). So this may explain the confusion.

Offline sesh

Re: Real Estate Matters - Horary Rules
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
Thanks, Rebecca, for your input. I took another look at those two cases just to be sure, and here's what I found. (Emphasis are mine.)

Case 1:

"In all questions about real estate, the first house rules the buyer, the seventh the seller, the fourth the property, and the tenth the price."

"The client telephoned me... His question was: Is it wise to do as I plan and buy this particular house?' (Watters used the time of his phone call to her to cast the chart.)

Case 2:

This is actually for an event, as you suggested, for the moment when a potential buyer first saw a house he was interested in.

Sesh