Author Topic: Astrology and Aging September 30, 2000  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Hudson Valley Astrologer

• "First Seek to Understand" Sun-Moon (Pisces-Aries)
    • The Hudson Valley Astrologer
Astrology and Aging September 30, 2000
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:27:36 AM »
Scanning the Archives...

Astrology will not let me sleep... the studies I embarked on and began many years ago come knocking at my door... randomly... but persistently... So this morning I open that door...

So much has been written about Neptune but here in this essay the illuminating context presented is so bright that it might be missed for it's subtlety. Age matters...

A friend of mine had Neptune crossing his IC... he was turning 65... I though oh know, retirement? health concerns? Some for of ego wipe out? No! I instead he realized a life long dream and became the oldest general manager of a national football team at a time when the trend by the league seemed to be hiring the younger guns. Fascinating! Oh and his claim to fame is how he analyzes the bejeesus out of film to identify player tenancies and patterns in a way that he has found predictive of performance... much the John Gottman has used video to predict behavior of couples in relationship...

This essay is particularly interesting in light of the fact that centenarians are making the news recently. According to a CNN article the number of people living to 100 has doubled every decade since the 50's and the figure is supposedly going reach 18 million by the end of this century...

I have a l client that describes her retirement in terms of phases... "The Go-Go years, followed by the Slow-Go years, followed by the No-Go years." Implications are enormous tracking arcs and transits of the outer planets within the context of longevity and maturing astrological motifs... critical health/robust health, financial dependence/independence, vocation, family, etc.

Very much appreciate opening this door... Thank you Noel...

HVA
Tim Neilson