Author Topic: OBAMA Transition  (Read 61895 times)

Offline SIDERUM

• Mundane and Politic Astrology, Primary Direction
    • SIDERUM NUNTIUM
OBAMA Transition
« on: November 20, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
Chicago billionaire Penny Pritzker has told Barack Obama's team she does not want to serve as Commerce Secretary, said a senior Obama official.
Today (Nov 20, 2008), Mars Square Moon in aspect Obama Moon=2ºGeminis!!!!
Mario

Offline Bosco

Re: OBAMA Transition
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »
Hello. I just want to ask again a question I have posted like several minutes before the old one shut down.
What was the triggering transit or solar arc or whatever that could possibly signify Obama's victory over the election on the first hand? I looked at his birth chart and except a SA Venus=Asc in June 2009, there wasn't any.
I would like to have a proper beginning before going on to other issues of Obama. Thanks.

Bosco

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:00:41 AM »
IMHO, it was the transiting Moon passing over his Jupiter-Saturn conjunction.  At first, I predicted a victory for him, but I changed my mind when I saw that that conjunction was in his 12th house.

DB
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Bosco

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
Dear Don,
  Transiting moon means anything at all? Is it too trivial to be a victory signature...?
Bosco

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
Dear Bosco,

When I evaluate an election, I care only about the faster moving planets.  The Moon rules the public, whether it is transiting, progressed, arced, or natal.  The public is fickle.  The transiting Moon highlighted an important part of Obama's chart, pure and simple.

~Don
True astrology is that which can be taught to other people who can then replicate the teachers' conclusions through their own effort.  --Don Borkowski in July 1983 issue of MERCURY HOUR

Offline Bosco

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:25:11 AM »
Dear Don,
  Hmm... Alright but shouldn't there be some dominating transits or solar arc at the background for Obama to be elected in such a big election? And I could see none.
  And also... I just feel odd with your approach, consider a hypothetical competitor with Obama who shares the same birth data. What are you going to do then?
Bosco

Offline Don Borkowski

• Stultus ego odi.
    • Astrology by Donbee
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »
Bosco:

Hypothetical situations as you described are just that.  They are not real.  If there is not clear-cut choice between two candidates, I would then look at the chart of the country, state, or whatever that they would govern.  That, in essence, is what happened in 2000.  Neither Bush nor Gore had the requisite astrology going on.  However, Bush's Sun is conjunct the U.S. Sun, which served as the tie-breaker.  In 2004, the transiting Moon was in Cancer, which highlighted that same conjunction.  If the opposition party had put together a more Cancerian ticket, they could have won.

Astrology is just as much an art as it is a science.  Seasoned astrologers need to be able to think beyond what the books say.

DB

Offline Bosco

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
Hmm... You definitely have inspired me over a new way to use Moon transit, I shall try that out more often too.

Although I still wish there could be some major dominating solar arc or transit in the background for Obama...

Offline Donnalyn

• Administrator
    • Astrology With Donnalyn
Re: OBAMA Transition/ Bosco
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
Hi Bosco,

Did you see my reply to you on the Forum before it crashed and this new format was set up?  If not, I will try to recreate it here.

In Joy,
Donnalyn

Offline SIDERUM

• SIDERUM NUNTIUM
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »
On November 21, 2008, it was reported that President-elect Barack Obama had decided to nominate Geithner for the position of Treasury Secretary.
Timothy Franz Geithner born:August 18, 1961, Sun=25ºLeo; Uranus=26ºLeo;NN=27ºLeo;Mercury=29ºLeo

Offline SIDERUM

• SIDERUM NUNTIUM
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
Vice-President-elect Joe Biden turned 66 years old yesterday. To celebrate, President-elect Barack Obama surprised him at the Transition's Chicago headquarters yesterday with cupcakes, candles, and a stirring rendition of Happy Birthday.

Offline Alice Portman

• Alice Portman Astrologer
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »
Hello. I just want to ask again a question I have posted like several minutes before the old one shut down.
What was the triggering transit or solar arc or whatever that could possibly signify Obama's victory over the election on the first hand? I looked at his birth chart and except a SA Venus=Asc in June 2009, there wasn't any.
I would like to have a proper beginning before going on to other issues of Obama. Thanks.

Bosco

Hi Bosco

Well, there is SA Mars conjunct natal Neptune.  Mars is the traditional ruler of his 10th house and Neptune is usually strongly involved in politics.

I also look at his Secondary Progressions and Solar Arcs to the USA and vice-versa.

Declinations usually tell the story.

Here are the USA natal declinations.  Notice the powerful Sun-Jupiter-Venus-Mars parallel from 22N51-23N32 made even more powerful by Pluto contraparallel at 23S43.  These declinations are one of the reasons the USA rose to be such a powerful country.

Obama's Secondary Progressed IC at 22N53 was in close parallel (and just past conjunction) with USA Sun at 22N51 and moving into parallel with Jupiter-Venus-Mars.

As you can see, there are several more connections, but I think the SP IC contact was the major one.

Obama's own SP Pluto (ruler of his natal MC) at 20N00 has moved into parallel of declination with his natal IC at 19N56.

Interestingly, Obama's Part of Kings and Sultans (Asc+Mars-Moon) is at 7Gemini30, conjunct the USA Gemini rising Ascendant and his SA Uranus is conjunct USA Gemini Part of Kings and Sultans at 10Libra13.

His Solar Arc MC at 14Capricorn38 is square USA Saturn.  His Secondary Progressed (Naibob in RA) IC is at 12Cancer14, conjunct USA Sun.  His Solar Arc North Node at 13Libra00 is square USA Sun.

So there were quite a few contacts, but, like you, I would have expected more activity within his natal chart MC and its rulers.

When you relocate his chart to Chicago you get some interesting stuff.  His SA Ascendant is conjunct USA Sun and SA Vertex is conjunct USA Sibly Ascendant!

His SA Sun is trine relocated Ascendant (yes, I use all aspects in Solar Arcs).  Solar MC is 20Pisces with transiting Uranus acting as a trigger -and transiting Saturn on IC.

His relocated Ascendant for Washington is 7Gemini53, conjunct his own Part of Kings and Sultans!  His relocated SA MC is at 0Aries53.  His SA relocated Ascendant is at 23 Cancer.  This is interesting as his SP chart has Saturn at 23 Capricorn and Mercury-Mars at 23 Libra, so 23 Cardinals are important to him, but I don't yet know why. Even his Tertiary Progressions show strong 23 Cardinal activity.

His SP Moon for the election was at 15Aquarius24, conjunct relocated MC for Washington.  At the time of the inauguration it will be at 18Aquarius41, conjunct USA Gemini rising Moon at 17Aq58.

Alice McDermott

Offline Patrick Downing

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »
SA to angles are huge. So SA Venus to descendant, plus progressed Venus To North Node. Transiting north node was conjunct his Ascendant when he broke the campaign open. But McCain had 3 dreadful transits. 
So his cabinet selections are designed to challenge him. Gemini Moon, sextile Mercury in Leo and Jupiter Aquarius opposing Mercury and trine his Moon. He gets bored easily, and needs intellectual stimulation. He is picking someone who pretty much beat him in the debates as Secretary of State. Grand earth trine is practical, he wants the best minds. The supposed massive ego would not have that. Eight years of yes men is over.

Offline Bosco

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 08:08:44 PM »
Thanks all. I considered the SA Mars=Neptune but I didn't pay much attention to that. I thought it's some solar arc that can easily go unnoticed and I was expecting some bigger pictures still. But maybe you are righ when Mars rules the 10th.

Dear Don,
  Are you talking about the SA Venus=Asc in 2009 June? I read that and I replied, asking that if the orb could already be in effect in as early as November 2008. And someone else suggested to me that the first 100 days after elected for a president is critical as the public will watch him over clearly and that could be the key to the SA Venus=Asc... Is that your reply?
Bosco

Offline unique_astrology

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »
The 4 eclipses in 2008 before the elections were very good when placed around Obama's natal, progressed, and lunar arc progressed Anlunar , all set for his birthplace. All progressions are to the time of his speech in Chicago.

The annotated charts can be seen here: (Click on the thumbnails, then click on the larger image to see it full size.)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/unique_astrology/OsEclipses/

Bob
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:40:10 PM by unique_astrology »